Is it whey day?

Options
Mussronkey
Mussronkey Posts: 28 Member
Wondering when the best time of the day go take whey. I hit up the gym after work around 5 after sitting in a cube all day. Does it even make a difference? Thanks, Russ

Replies

• pamelatorbett
    Options
    Hi, when I have a question like this I usually look it up on Bodybuilding.com, but I drink a whey protein isolate before workout, 20 to 30 minutes, and then right after workout in locker room I shake up a casein protein drink for faster recovery, it's faster acting and a casein protein shake before bed, since it will recover while you are sleeping and work over that 6 to 8 hour sleeping time. I lift weights 6 days a week, goal NPC.
  • Exegi_Corpus
    Exegi_Corpus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The question is how much you wait eat and your digestive percentile (%100 person specific)...

If you write me I can try to explain like pamel told bodybuilding.com is also a great help.
  • Mussronkey
    Mussronkey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!
  • Exegi_Corpus
    Exegi_Corpus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mussronkey wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses!
    The question is how much you wait eat and your digestive percentile (%100 person specific)...

If you write me I can try to explain like pamel told bodybuilding.com is also a great help.

Wow, I think changing keyboards during the day is not healthy for me :) I will give you some aspects while I have some time;

-Protein types are important. You asked whey specific but protein types have different release types. Like, if you want to use it before bed casein is better. For mornings I would say something like a hydrowhey because it releases really quickly but it is expensive so you can stick to %100 whey.

-Times to use: I would say first thing in the morning at least 30 mins before breakfast. This is since you get into catabolic state at night while sleeping and not to lose lean muscle mass it is good to have some protein with some aminos into your body. If this is hard to do you can try getting casein protein right before bed since it is a slow release protein.

-About workout use: This is purely depends on your weight and fat %. It needs to be calculated including the whey you use in the way i told above.

Hope it helps a little, but I gotta tell there is a lot more to it.