I'm starting today!

Options
AmeeSandhu
AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
I was going to wait until next Monday but that is the perfectionist in me. I've only made it to the end of phase 2 before I've fizzled out. Does anyone want an accountability partner? I'd love one!

Replies

• melifairy
    melifairy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started on the 8th! :) How are you liking the program?
  • Gainselliott
    Gainselliott Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started on the 10th, but I am not doing the extra cardio workout this first week. The regular workouts are enough to kill me for an entire day. I also have two dogs who my boyfriend and I walk/run for 45-50 minutes every day for some light cardio.
    Monday's and Wednesday's I have an hr long step class that I attend that gives great cardio as well as a full body workout. So my workouts are going to be alittle off. I am going to keep Sunday as my rest day, Monday will be Step Class, Tuesday will be Jillian Cardio, Wednesday will Step Class, Thursday will be Jillian Cardio, Friday will be Jillian Workout 1, and Saturday will be Jillian Workout 2. So I am only going to be getting in one each of the workout DVDs a week, not sure how that will effect how long my phases will be.
    Are you guys sticking to Jillians food for the diet? I'm fairly handy in the kitchen but I don't spend that much time creating my meals. I stick to a 1300 calorie diet usually, so all I need to do is not deviate from my usual diet. Also as this is the first week I am going to be drinking Jillian Michales Detox Water just for the first week: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1821630
    I've gotten good results from it in the past and wanted to use it to boost my results this week.
    So far I have done Workout 1 on Friday and Workout 2 Today, Saturday, tomorrow is rest day. So far I am having trouble going up and down stairs my thighs hurt like heck, aside from that I am just a little sore all around. Definitely looking forward to rest day tomorrow.
    Back to the original question....
    I would love to have accountability partners how do you guys want to make it work?
    Sorry for the excessively long post.....
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Ooh I appreciate the responses! Sorry for the delay in mine, I was out of town.

Meli, I've started the program before and I really do like it. I've never made it past about week 9 or so. No real reason either. :/

Muery, hi! You sound like you are being really aggressive with the exercise. Go get 'em! I'm not doing the extra cardio from the dvds either as I'm also doing a running program.

I'm not sticking to Jillian's food plan but i do try and stay at my bmr of 1500 calories and i have a paleo approach to my diet.

I'm restarting today as last week a migraine came out of the blue and sidelined me for a few days.

I'd still love to check in daily with one or more of you. Not sure how that works either. ..maybe within a new thread?
  • lucky5552
    lucky5552 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Started today. This would be my second time doing this workout. First time a few years ago and I was happy with results. Following my own food plan. Started with 8lb weight really sore and had trouble. Might drop to 5lb.
  • Gainselliott
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Congrats on starting today Lucky and on previously completing the program. First day today that I haven't woken up sore. YEAY!!!! Doing cardio 1 today for the first time... wish me luck.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Would anyone be interested in a daily thread for checking in? I'm thinking some sort of accountability group? Friends that will notice when you don't show up.

Lucky, congrats! I start with lighter weights in the beginning too so I'm not so completely sore and can't keep going. lol!
  • lucky5552
    lucky5552 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you. A Cheka in sounds good
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Lucky, i sent you an invite for a group i just started. Any one and everyone should check it out! I'd post the link but I'm on my phone right now. It's called morning workout habit.
  • Gainselliott
    Options
    Can you send me an invite too? Can't seem to find it...
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just started again this week. I did it in 2013 and it is the first program I completed... although from workout 7 on I was having to modify a lot of the crazy planks and harder moves. Since them I am back up to my top weight and it stinks.

I would love a daily check in that you offered! And accountability.
    I currently have a kidney stone. I have had it 3 weeks and it has not passed. I was doing BR and got to the beginning of week 4 and have not done anything in 3 weeks. I am going to just push as best I can and hope this passes.

I am adding additional workouts in. We are going to Hawaii in 6.5 weeks. I am trying to drop weight and really tone muscles as best I can. I am mad at myself for letting time go by and not getting it done. I now have no hope of losing all my weight and looking my best.

I am doing Couch 2 5K every other day and elliptical or Tae Bo on the days I don't run. My husband and I also walk about a mile and a half every night. We are going to add hikes in once a week after a couple of weeks, and I plan to do a hike with friends midweek starting in a few weeks once I build my endurance a little more. You go down the mountain the first half then the last half is all uphill.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Muery and holly, you got it! Will do!

Holly, the kidney stone sounds awful. How do you get it to pass? I would be working it for Hawaii too, how exciting!
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi Amee, can I join in too? I'm going to restart tonight, and I think it would really help me focus. I'm off to Greece in 5 weeks, and I can't fit in my summer clothes yet! I am going to walk for my cardio as I am waiting for a knee op and walking seems to help the most. Jillian does like her squats and this is going to strain my knee enough as it is. I will have to adapt a lot of the moves this time.

Holly, Hawaii, you lucky lucky girl, I am very jealous. I hope that kidney stone gets sorted before you go.

Muery, you are an inspiration.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Morty, yes of course. Everyone is welcome. Here's the link: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105296-morning-workout-habit

Greece sounds so enchanting. I've always wanted to go. You'll have an amazing time! Hoping for a speedy knee surgery and recovery for you!
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I forgot to check in and am just seeing your posts. Usually kidney stones pass in a couple of days. Since i have had it now 4.5 weeks I think it may be obstructed. I have an appointment with a urologist next week to have it checked.

I have been bad and not done my BR this week. I have been walking every day about 1.5 miles. I am doing workout one tomorrow. I plan to do w1 thurs and saturday, and w2 friday and sunday to get my workouts on this week. I may or may not do cardio in addition at night depending on my energy. We are walking every night and that may be more doable.