So far so good..

Options
Hi everyone!
So I am on my 3rd week and my second fast day this week.
I have been steadily putting weight on for the last 5 years and decided 208lb was just too far!
At 5ft 8 this has put me in the "obese" category..
So this is me taking a stand against myself!
I am now halfway through my 3rd week and I am now down to 201lb and that was the weight after a non fast day :smiley:!!
It's finally moving!!!!!!!!! I couldn't be happier!!
Now I just have to keep it up... :blush:

Replies

• HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Woo! Today's my first fast day... congrats on the progress! How'd your fast go yesterday?
  • victoria_smith
    victoria_smith Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It went really well thanks! I stayed slightly below 500.. just in-case I underestimated something.. I have done a couple now, the first one I really struggled!!
    I think it was harder because it was someone's birthday at work. God knows how I managed to walk past all of those cakes :open_mouth:
    I have had two fast day's this week. but I am still steady on the same weight. I wont let that deter me as I have read on here that some weeks people lose a lot and then the next week nothing etc.. (if I am wrong please tell me!)

I really think I can keep this going :smile: nice to see the scale finally MOVING!!!
  • victoria_smith
    Options
    good luck on your first fast day! :smile: if I can do it anyone can haha!
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    that's really great Victoria! Congrats - keep it up!
  • victoria_smith
    Options
    Thank you :smiley:
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Woot wooooooo!!!! That's fantastic
  • victoria_smith
    Options
    Thanks :smiley: I have to say I am stalling this week though!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Sometimes maintaining is a victory as opposed to gaining ;)

Many report that if they don't log on non-fast days (NFD), they often see no scale change. The 2 FD are a way to make the deficit for the whole week in only 2 days. It's very easy to eat up that hard earned deficit on NFD. It's a bit contrary to Mosley's salespitch of «eating whatever you want». I think he gambled on that fasting normally regulates appetite and portion control. Ignoring that some of us have trouble saying «stop». I hope this made sense.
  • victoria_smith
    Options
    Yes it did make sense thank you :smile: It is a victory that the scales aren't going up!! So in the grand scheme of things it will contribute to my total loss :smile: Today is a fast day for me.. so I will see tomorrow morning how it went! So far so good! I have had 2 cups of tea with no sugar (which is a miracle in itself...) I have found that my sweet tooth is disappearing.. Can't be a bad thing!!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »

Many report that if they don't log on non-fast days (NFD), they often see no scale change. The 2 FD are a way to make the deficit for the whole week in only 2 days. It's very easy to eat up that hard earned deficit on NFD. It's a bit contrary to Mosley's salespitch of «eating whatever you want». I think he gambled on that fasting normally regulates appetite and portion control. Ignoring that some of us have trouble saying «stop». I hope this made sense.

You are very right. All I keep remembering from the documentary is them sitting in the car eating huge burgers (like that's okay to do that every day hee hee). For me there has to be much more control.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    Foamroller wrote: »

You are very right. All I keep remembering from the documentary is them sitting in the car eating huge burgers (like that's okay to do that every day hee hee). For me there has to be much more control.
    Yeah, that was wild...that was the 2nd fast I think. It was alternating day fasting, 24 hour fast, next day (during normal waking hours) eat anything...repeat.

• victoria_smith
    Options
    So today I weighed myself... I am out of the dreaded 200's!! That was my first milestone.. now to keep going!! :D I have been losing inches too so Yay!!! Sorry I just had to share that!! :smile:
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So today I weighed myself... I am out of the dreaded 200's!! That was my first milestone.. now to keep going!! :D I have been losing inches too so Yay!!! Sorry I just had to share that!! :smile:

Don't apologise - it's great to see progress, well done! B)
  • victoria_smith
    Options
    Thank you!! :smiley:
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Woohoo! Congrats!

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options

That's bleeping awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!!!
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant. Well done and keep with it obviously it suits you
  • victoria_smith
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm so happy it is shifting! Really starting to feel better about myself :smile: