Welcome Buddies

Options

Replies

• twogoldendoodles
    twogoldendoodles Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So very glad to have our NS refugees finding their way here :) Welcome, welcome!

I walked for an hour today, leisurely, but still a walk so that's a good thing. Been 100% NS today too.
    Had a nice long visit with my Hospice lady today with Chloe. She is always so sweet, but is so frail. We visited with many other retirement community residents and were there about 1 1/2 hours.

Info about me: Happy 5 months retired H.S. Home Ec. teacher, now doing more Therapy Dog visits at above and at the library in a program for kids called "Paws to Read", belong to two knitting groups and make Prayer Shawls for Hospice, like to putter in the garden and enjoy reading. Trying to declutter my house. Baby Granddaughter due June 5, going to visit DD and SIL in 2 weeks <3

take care all, Ellen
  • zaftig_no_more
    zaftig_no_more Posts: 87 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Funny, Shirl!! :smile:

Hi to Janny!!!
  • twogoldendoodles
    twogoldendoodles Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Shirl, love your picture! I couldn't find the same one I used on NS with me and Sophie doggie in it, so for now I'm using both fur kids <3 take care all, Ellen
  • zaftig_no_more
    Options
    Just checking to see how many of our NS Buddies found the thread! Great to see you all...
    I won't be on much but check in once a day on the I've Got the Power group for my 100% day. Has kept me on the straight and narrow since 3/17 and I'm down 15 lbs. More to come!!

Sally aka Sara

Restart 3/17/15
    uAVQiU
  • zaftig_no_more
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ellen......Forgot to mention that our gd is in labor. Baby is due in a month but it looks like it's going to be an early delivery. Boy will be Todd Lucas. 3 generations of Todd's. :smile:

Shirl...That's my favorite picture of you!!
  • JanisPage
    JanisPage Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mary the secret group is no secret It is showing up in news feed on face book bah ha ha ha
  • JanisPage
    Options
    it's the chickens roosting time time to go to sleep
  • JanisPage
    Options
    Is satchiesmom--SUSAN? I FORGOT.
  • zaftig_no_more
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Janny....Fooling around on this site tonight. On FB a private group's posts show on the newsfeed but you are the only one who can actually see them on your newsfeed. Hope that's not clear as mud! ha! :smile:

It's the pits not having siggy's here but you can follow Roger too's instructions to get your siggy from the NS site and place it here on any post. It's going to be a puzzle about who is who except for those of us who had pictures. Course I didn't... but I won't post my siggy but once in a while. You know who I am....

Hi Mary!!! and Julie! Welcome to all new people!!
    Where is Margaret?? And did Nina make it here? Cathy???
  • arbutusflower
    arbutusflower Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    See if this works today
  • arbutusflower
    arbutusflower Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amen
  • monstermary1
    monstermary1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Who is Zaftig? "Sally aka Sara"?

Yes, Jannie, the News Feed on FB is YOUR news feed. Everyone has their own.
  • chattycathy33702
    chattycathy33702 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi buddies! Ok, found the board and set up an account with a different name and photo, but a 'tag' my NS buddies will recognize, I'm sure. Will have to learn my way around, but glad we at least have a way to keep up with each other once the NS boards are gone! Hope y'all have a great day!
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

thanks for the picture compliments. The pic I was using on NS is more recent, from 2011. This one is from the 20th century! I paid $450 for it - it was for a video dating service - which garnered all of one date. So at least it's a good pic and not a total waste of money!

Sally - you're too funny! Glad you'll be checking in.

How do we change font size here? looks normal as I type - coming up pretty small once it posts.

Shirl in CLE
  • zaftig_no_more
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Who is Zaftig? "Sally aka Sara"?

Yes, Jannie, the News Feed on FB is YOUR news feed. Everyone has their own.

That's Zaftig no more, Mary!! Don't forget the "no more"! :smiley:
    Don't like seeing "Monster" under your pic either. It is a huge misnomer for our Mary!!

Haven't found a way to enlarge font without going to a BBCCode (see below), Shirl. And it's too much trouble...so I'm making do, martyr that I am! :smile:
  • zaftig_no_more
    Options
    Hi Cathy! And I don't yet know who anyone else is. Guess we'll have to sign our names for a while??
    Sally
  • JanisPage
    Options
    good morning. Sally--a grandbaby yet?
  • xiansgran
    xiansgran Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Found you finally-now have to get used to new terms and a learning curve but between us all we can figure it out. I just hope I don't forget everything while I'm away for a while.
  • xiansgran
    xiansgran Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    one thing down and a few more to go.
  • JanisPage
    Options
    seems like we can still go to glitter graphics to get a signature on one space but I don't know how to make it stick I will try it