Quick and Easy Low Carb Dinners

Options
jlwoodmass
jlwoodmass Posts: 22 Member
Hi everyone! I'm still pretty new to the LCHF lifestyle and find it most difficult around dinner time. I usually get home late and usually just want something quick. Been having a hard time trying to think of quick low carb solutions. Any suggestions would be great! It's hard breaking the 10-15 year habit of sandwiches, pasta, kraft dinner or take out.

Replies

• annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    buy a pre roasted chicken. So much potential. I douse it in Stonewall's horseradish aioli. Done.
    Wowzer. It can be dipped in mayo too. All while standing at the counter. :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I did an easy, and quick, link sausage in the oven. Takes about 15 minutes and it's done. I ate mine with some mustard for extra sodium. Compliment with whatever you prefer. I did some green beans with bacon fat and bacon bits for the family. I'm getting used to eating just meat for a meal. Who says we have to have side dishes?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Sausage, ground beef, steak, cold ham dipped in mayo
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Crockpot!

Seriously, you can cook anything in there all day. Sausage soup, pork loin, chicken, quiche, casserole, etc Lots of good recipes out there for low carb crockpot recipes and you can let it cook all day and then dinner is ready and your house smells good when you walk in the door.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    boneless, skinless flash-frozen chicken breasts.....take one or two out, douse with favorite oil, sprinkle favorite spices, throw in oven for 20+ minutes. Same for pork chops or salmon.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Stir fry some protein & veggies together in a generous amount of oil, maybe some gluten free tamari (less carbs than regular soy sauce). What veggies depends on your carb allowance - I like peppers, onions, spinach.

I like egg bake casseroles for breakfast but you can have a piece for dinner with a salad.

Large salad with some protein. Tuna, pre-cooked shrimp & hard boiled eggs made ahead of time are quick.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Make some soups, stews, chili, burgers on your off time and freeze them in individual portions.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I mixed some mayo, sriracha, and shredded cheddar together and slathered it on some chicken breasts last night. Threw them in the oven at 425° for 20 minutes, they turned out great.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    IamUndrCnstruction...that sounds awesome! I'll have to try that. I heart sriracha.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Bacon Wrapped Baked Stuffed Jalepenos
    Cream Cheese, Bacon & Chicken
    Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs?

Maybe not all of the above is quick, but they're easy.

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • pkroyle
    pkroyle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1 lb ground prok, 1 lb ground beef, 1/2 lb of bacon and a head of cabbage. I pour if hot sauce and spices of my liking and call it cabbage stir fry!

I do all my cooking for the week on sunday so I always have food on hand or easy to reheat. I work full time and have a kid, so time management is key for me. I even like to cook up my ground meats and store them by the pound. Then I can just throw them in recipes like the one above. Another easy one is "meatza". Spread ground beef on a pan and cover with whatever pizza toppings you like. I also always do a crock pot full of low carb chili to grab for lunches or a quick dinner. Chicken also easy to pop in the oven, I throw thighs or breast in a marinade and freeze it until I need it. There's a million ideas on Pinterest if you search "keto meals" or paleo.

Planning and easy meals are the key to success for me for this lifestyle. I like that even though I'm a busy mom my family has a healthy home cooked meal every night!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made hamburgers, I stuffed some with cheddar cheese, some with mushrooms and feta cheese and some with jalapeños and cream cheese.....and had broccoli as a side. Like pkroyle said, it's all about planning ahead:)