New to LCHF and would love some MFP mates

Options
xxJustRJxx
xxJustRJxx Posts: 2 Member
Hi! I'm new to the whole LCHF lifestyle and have been really into it only the last 2 weeks but I'm loving the results and have found the food so much easier to enjoy than other 'diets'.

I'm 30, work full time, but have been trying to make the effort to get in a decent amount of physical this time around, oh and I've been a serial yoyo dieter :neutral:

I'm here to try and get healthy and fit and I'd love some people to add for motivation.

Replies

• She68915
    She68915 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello, Welcome
    I am also new to the world of low carb eating.
    I started watching my carb intake two weeks ago, and the changes in my body and mind are truly amazing and surprising.
    And I found here as the most helpful community of MFP, so I am sure you won't be alone in this health journey :smile:
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here, great support and people :) you can add me as a friend any time!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Always open to friends here! This is, by far, the best group on mfp!! Read everything you can, including the Launch Pad. Wealth of information there! Congratulations on your successes so far!
  • xxJustRJxx
    xxJustRJxx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcomes :smile:
  • Trina643
    Trina643 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello i started atkins about 2 weeks ago and finding it amazing along with MFP :) losing weight and feel great. Was just looking for friends sharing the same experiences
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    @Trina643 welcome to you too! You are welcome to send a friend request, if you want. I'm considered "new" also. Have been lc and then LCHF for about six weeks now, and love it!
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like, as well as any other "newbies."
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My diary is open if you want to take a look. Been doing this only since March, so still learning.
  • redheadbynature
    redheadbynature Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for more Keto friends! I don't always get to recording my food, but I'm trying to make more of an effort to get out of my plateau.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    @redheadbynature, open diary to friends. You can learn a lot by looking at what others are eating. You're welcome to send a friend request!
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love keto friends! I've been doing it for almost 2 years (2 years in beginning of September) I love it a lot.
  • spush
    spush Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello all, new friends are always welcome, just include a note so I know who you are ☺
  • jlwoodmass
    jlwoodmass Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've been doing the low carb high fat since February and I'm loving the results so far. :) anybody is free to add me!
  • Annette_906
    Annette_906 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to it as well and so far I'm feeling awesome and I'm starting to notice all the negative ways carbs affect my body....inside and out. Welcome to the group, I'm finding it full of useful info and great people :) feel free to add me, I'm always up for new friends!
  • priyankarai2005
    priyankarai2005 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am trying for LCHF but being veggie, i am finding it difficult. need help guys
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    New here too and need motivation. I'm adding everyone here! Lol.

The first week was rough. I think I'm figuring out that I need more carbs early in the morning to function, and less as the day goes on. Hope that makes the second week a little easier.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    New here too and need motivation. I'm adding everyone here! Lol.

The first week was rough. I think I'm figuring out that I need more carbs early in the morning to function, and less as the day goes on. Hope that makes the second week a little easier.

The first week is tough for most people. Hang in there another week. Your body is switching over to burning fat for energy instead of carbs. Once your body gets used to it, you'll feel great. Drink some chicken broth or beef broth and lots of water. It should help a little
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am away from the computer all weekend. So, I can't do friend requests easily.