New NutriSystem Foods

Options
RogerToo
RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
Hi All
I see this message as a place to list new foods as we notice them and to rate them, I hope this is a good Idea :)

I am putting a rating next to the name where I have had a chance to try them. 1* to 5*
For example. The unrated ones are to new for me to have tried them
Recent additions to the Shelf Stable Dinners are

1. Santa Fe Style Chicken 5*
With its tender pieces of delicious white-meat chicken and rice in a hearty, tomato-based southwestern-style sauce, this captivating dinner dish offers all of your favorite southwestern staples—like red and green bell peppers, corn and black beans—and just a hint of spice to give it a little zing.

2. Sesame Ginger Chicken 5*
Tastier than takeout, this hearty dish starts with a base of long grain rice, white meat chicken, red and green bell peppers and onion, and finishes with a bold sesame ginger sauce throughout. It's a kicked-up dinner entree that'll turn "to-go" into your "go-to" favorite.

3. Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes 4*
Take your dinnertime enjoyment to new heights with this homestyle classic given a good-for-you spin, featuring perfectly seasoned meatloaf and creamy mashed potatoes topped off with a rich, flavorful brown gravy. It's all the flavor of this favorite dish, in a diet friendly meal you can feel good about

Recent Frozen Dinner Additions:

1. Ginger Cashew Chicken
Delicious white meat chicken is paired with brown rice, toasted cashews, fresh ginger and perfectly seasoned vegetables, then drizzled with a savory soy sauce, for a delicious dish that tastes gourmet—without the guilt!

2. Chicken & Roasted Vegetables
Looking for a hearty meat-and-potatoes style dinner? Our Chicken & Roasted Vegetables won't disappoint. Delicate, herb-seasoned strips of white meat chicken and red potatoes are the stars of this dish, while corn, zucchini, red bell peppers and onion make up the supporting cast to bring you a dinner feature that will bring down the house.

3. Chicken Parmesan *****
Get a taste of an all-time favorite dish given a good-for-you spin with breaded white meat chicken breast topped with perfectly seasoned tomato sauce and reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, nestled atop a bed of spaghetti and topped with tangy Asiago cheese. It's comfort food that won't throw you off the trim-down track.

4. Ginger Cashew Chicken
Delicious white meat chicken is paired with brown rice, toasted cashews, fresh ginger and perfectly seasoned vegetables, then drizzled with a savory soy sauce, for a delicious dish that tastes gourmet—without the guilt!

5. Steak Tagliata
Fine-dining food gets a good-for-you twist with this tasty entree featuring thinly sliced seasoned beef, a delicious blend of couscous and spinach, and a zesty lemon rosemary caper sauce.

6. Whole Wheat Ricotta Crepes
Creamy ricotta cheese is tucked inside delightfully airy crepes topped with a flavorful Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and sprinkled with mozzarella cheese in this mouthwatering meal you won't have to resist!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Recent Shelf Stable Lunches

1. Arroz con Pollo
Take a tasty trip with this Latin-inspired lunch, featuring flame-broiled chicken breast and long grain brown rice with the delicious veggie combo of tomatoes, onions, peppers and peas. This classic dish embodies a fantastic medley of flavor that's sure to leave you singing its praises long after lunch is over.

2. Bean Bolognese
Enjoy a vegetarian take on a classic Italian dish with our Bean Bolognese, featuring a hearty tomato-based sauce that perfectly complements the pasta and veggies within, along with a one-two protein punch of white and kidney beans. One taste of this dish, and we think you'll agree: lunch has never "bean" so delicious!

Enjoy
Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes
Take your dinnertime enjoyment to new heights with this homestyle classic given a good-for-you spin, featuring perfectly seasoned meatloaf and creamy mashed potatoes topped off with a rich, flavorful brown gravy. It's all the flavor of this favorite dish, in a diet friendly meal you can feel good about

Enjoy
Roger

Enjoy
Roger

Replies

• Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I have all the new shelf stable foods coming with my next order. Can't wait to try them. I actually like all the foods I've had so far. :)

2HyQ.gif
    100trainpurple_zps3871b83b.pngcooltext1366255218_zps7feef4cb.png

Fitbit%20Logo%20Small_zpswbolsyfy.png www.fitbit.com/user/2G878F
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'm getting some of the frozen ones next shipment. I like your ratings, Roger. :)
  • Ladywolfe1127
    Ladywolfe1127 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great idea, thank you Roger!

Jeannie
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Feel free to give Your ratings and reasons why You liked or did not like something. To make it easier for that process I am wondering if a new group called NutriSystem Foods Rated so that each food would have its own rating makes sense?

Any Feedback on that thought?
    Roger
  • Marlenef161616
    Marlenef161616 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just tried the shelf stable arroz con pollo. I actually used it to stuff a red bell pepper. I took the bell pepper and boiled it for 5 minutes first. Meanwhile I preheated my oven to 325. I drained the pepper and stuffed it with the arroz con pollo. Top it with some Paul Newman mango salsa and low fat sargento Mexican cheese. Baked it for 20 minutes. I thought it was delicious and filling. I would give it a 5.
  • mrs17alvarez
    mrs17alvarez Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I tried the Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes last night and I'd give it a 3. The texture of the potatoes was probably my biggest issue. If I had to describe the texture, I'd say pasty. The texture of the meat was also different than I expected but didn't bother me like the potatoes did.

I do have one more in my stash and I do like to give meals a couple of tries before I give up on them. I will see if I can improve upon it. Maybe if I stir some veggies into the potatoes (like some cauliflower and/or broccoli and maybe some lightly sauteed onions) that might help. I'm definitely looking forward to getting the other new items in my next shipment.

And thanks for getting this group going. I love reading feedback and ideas for the meals!!
  • allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had the vegetarian Bean Bolognese. It comes in a pouch. It was simple to microwave. However, I did not care for it as is. I had to add spicy ketchup to it! After eating it all - it felt like it was sitting in my stomach for way too long. Like a rock. The pasta fagiola did the same thing to me. I guess then I'd give it a 1 star. I hope this does not deter others from trying it. Everyone's taste is different. And, I'm a vegetarian - so the problem wasn't that I'm not used to vegetarian foods - LOL.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I tried the new meatloaf and mashed potatoes. It was okay, I would give it a three. It is funny, the loaded potatoes are one of my favorites, but the potatoes in this seem very heavy and instant- like. Not too fond of the gravy, artificial tasting and salty, and too much for my taste. I love French's packet gravies, and they are very calorie friendly and taste like home made. Almost worth switching gravies out- Not fond of any of their meat patties , I will probably have the loaded potatoes next time and a grilled veggie burger. May be better with something added. As always, try yourself! Everyone's taste is different.

I wanted to add, I Love everything but the hamburger patties and the above, and the turkey sausage pasta. I love food, obviously as I am here overweight, and am not a picky eater. I have lots of favorites and love the food is dense and filling.

Thanks Roger for a good idea!

• Chalmation
    Options
    I had the vegetarian Bean Bolognese. It comes in a pouch. It was simple to microwave. However, I did not care for it as is. I had to add spicy ketchup to it! After eating it all - it felt like it was sitting in my stomach for way too long. Like a rock. The pasta fagiola did the same thing to me. I guess then I'd give it a 1 star. I hope this does not deter others from trying it. Everyone's taste is different. And, I'm a vegetarian - so the problem wasn't that I'm not used to vegetarian foods - LOL.

Oh, I love the Pasta Fagioli! I add chopped veggies to it and cook it on the stove. My next BBB will have all the new shelf stable food...can't wait!

2HyQ.gif
    100trainpurple_zps3871b83b.pngcooltext1366256146_zps44224fc0.png
    Nutrisystem%20Logo%20Small_zpsbbvgwemk.png Fitbit%20Logo%20Small_zpswbolsyfy.png Chalmation
  • allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »
    Oh, I love the Pasta Fagioli! I add chopped veggies to it and cook it on the stove. My next BBB will have all the new shelf stable food...can't wait!

2HyQ.gif
    Nutrisystem%20Logo%20Small_zpsbbvgwemk.png Fitbit%20Logo%20Small_zpswbolsyfy.png Chalmation

Cindy - I think that you'll probably enjoy the bean bolognese! That's great. Also, I like the way you added your name in glitter and have graphics at your signature. Allison
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi
    Feel free to give Your ratings and reasons why You liked or did not like something. To make it easier for that process I am wondering if a new group called NutriSystem Foods Rated so that each food would have its own rating makes sense?

Roger

That might be a good idea, Roger.

• Chalmation
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »

2HyQ.gif

Cindy - I think that you'll probably enjoy the bean bolognese! That's great. Also, I like the way you added your name in glitter and have graphics at your signature. Allison

I'm sure I'll like it. I've liked everything I've had so far.

Thanks to Roger, I know how to put all this fancy stuff!

2HyQ.gif
  • cathyb0822
    cathyb0822 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I just tried the shelf stable arroz con pollo. I actually used it to stuff a red bell pepper. I took the bell pepper and boiled it for 5 minutes first. Meanwhile I preheated my oven to 325. I drained the pepper and stuffed it with the arroz con pollo. Top it with some Paul Newman mango salsa and low fat sargento Mexican cheese. Baked it for 20 minutes. I thought it was delicious and filling. I would give it a 5.

I did the same thing with the Mushroom Risotto and a Red Bell pepper and liked it a lot. Not so great without the pepper, IMHO. Cathy B.

P.S. Roger, thanks so much for starting this group and thread. C. B.
  • GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    The frozen chicken parmesan is a nice addition, although not as good as some of the other healthy frozen varieties that I have had before. My one issue was the taste of the noodles. They were a little bland for my liking.

Santa Fe Style Chicken was a nice change of pace. It has a nice flavor, but not too spicy like some of the others (like the White Bean Chicken Chili).

~Gary
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi

Roger

YEP wzj6sdb6jjpr.png the idea of the NutriSystem Foods Rated under the NS general user you started and a thread in the group for each new food. However it might be time consuming to do that but it sure would be cool.
    z55387af06aeb6.gif 16077007.png
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi

Roger

i second this thought Roger. I think it would make things easier to find quickly. another thought, maybe just an NS foods one? then we can let each other know when things are discontinuing in the same group?

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
    1416528000_15_1_USD_3_default.png

• linna62
    linna62 Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I tried the Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes last night and I'd give it a 3. The texture of the potatoes was probably my biggest issue. If I had to describe the texture, I'd say pasty. The texture of the meat was also different than I expected but didn't bother me like the potatoes did.

I do have one more in my stash and I do like to give meals a couple of tries before I give up on them. I will see if I can improve upon it. Maybe if I stir some veggies into the potatoes (like some cauliflower and/or broccoli and maybe some lightly sauteed onions) that might help. I'm definitely looking forward to getting the other new items in my next shipment.

And thanks for getting this group going. I love reading feedback and ideas for the meals!!

Buttons61 wrote: »
    I tried the new meatloaf and mashed potatoes. It was okay, I would give it a three. It is funny, the loaded potatoes are one of my favorites, but the potatoes in this seem very heavy and instant- like. Not too fond of the gravy, artificial tasting and salty, and too much for my taste. I love French's packet gravies, and they are very calorie friendly and taste like home made. Almost worth switching gravies out- Not fond of any of their meat patties , I will probably have the loaded potatoes next time and a grilled veggie burger. May be better with something added. As always, try yourself! Everyone's taste is different.

I wanted to add, I Love everything but the hamburger patties and the above, and the turkey sausage pasta. I love food, obviously as I am here overweight, and am not a picky eater. I have lots of favorites and love the food is dense and filling.

Thanks Roger for a good idea!

thanks you two. I used to be a fan of meatloaf with mashed when the program was advanced or nourish and red sauced but this one...pass. I don't care for the new burgers either or maybe it's the sauce they are floating in. They used to have astro burgers that you had to rehydrate - now those could make a comeback.

• RogerToo
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    New Shelf Stable Lunch

75agrtsw4dr5.jpg

BBQ Pulled Pork

Featuring tender, pull-styled pork enveloped in a sweet and tangy barbeque sauce, this hearty lunch dish is a delicious way to beat those "brown-bagging it" blues.
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 150 + the SmartCarb
    I use 40 to 45 calorie per slice Breads. I use the WW Whole Wheat bread for this sort of meal.

Microwave (1100 watts): 1. Tear pouch 1 inch to vent. 2. Stand pouch in microwave and microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 30 to 40 seconds or until warm. Microwave ovens vary; heating time may need to be adjusted. 3. Serve with small whole grain roll (not included). CAUTION: Product will be hot!

Bottom line, not the lowest calorie lunch they have, And the Frozen Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Dinner is lower FWIW.

Enjoy
    Roger

P.S. Anybody else get the email listing this one?
    BTW did anybody notice the goof in the email?

Email says this for this one.
    BBQ Pork Sandwich Stuffer
    Give your weight loss a jolt with creamy coffee shakes featuring 15 grams of filling protein and a whole lot of rich java flavor.
  • Chalmation
    Options
    Hi All
    New Shelf Stable Lunch

75agrtsw4dr5.jpg

BBQ Pulled Pork

Featuring tender, pull-styled pork enveloped in a sweet and tangy barbeque sauce, this hearty lunch dish is a delicious way to beat those "brown-bagging it" blues.
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 150 + the SmartCarb
    I use 40 to 45 calorie per slice Breads. I use the WW Whole Wheat bread for this sort of meal.

Microwave (1100 watts): 1. Tear pouch 1 inch to vent. 2. Stand pouch in microwave and microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 30 to 40 seconds or until warm. Microwave ovens vary; heating time may need to be adjusted. 3. Serve with small whole grain roll (not included). CAUTION: Product will be hot!

Bottom line, not the lowest calorie lunch they have, And the Frozen Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Dinner is lower FWIW.

Enjoy
    Roger

P.S. Anybody else get the email listing this one?
    BTW did anybody notice the goof in the email?

Email says this for this one.
    BBQ Pork Sandwich Stuffer
    Give your weight loss a jolt with creamy coffee shakes featuring 15 grams of filling protein and a whole lot of rich java flavor.

They must have just added this one. It wasn't there Saturday, and my order just shipped today so I can't add it now. I didn't get the email...funny goof.

Cindy

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Cindy
    I thought it was a funny cut and paste type of goof :)

Sorry to hear You missed it.
    Have a great Week
    Roger