New NutriSystem Foods

Options
2»

Replies

• Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You couldn't pay me to ingest a pulled pork smoothie.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

Thank You for that, You made me laugh!
    Roger
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    linna62 wrote: »
    I tried the Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes last night and I'd give it a 3. The texture of the potatoes was probably my biggest issue. If I had to describe the texture, I'd say pasty. The texture of the meat was also different than I expected but didn't bother me like the potatoes did.

I do have one more in my stash and I do like to give meals a couple of tries before I give up on them. I will see if I can improve upon it. Maybe if I stir some veggies into the potatoes (like some cauliflower and/or broccoli and maybe some lightly sauteed onions) that might help. I'm definitely looking forward to getting the other new items in my next shipment.

And thanks for getting this group going. I love reading feedback and ideas for the meals!!

Buttons61 wrote: »
    I tried the new meatloaf and mashed potatoes. It was okay, I would give it a three. It is funny, the loaded potatoes are one of my favorites, but the potatoes in this seem very heavy and instant- like. Not too fond of the gravy, artificial tasting and salty, and too much for my taste. I love French's packet gravies, and they are very calorie friendly and taste like home made. Almost worth switching gravies out- Not fond of any of their meat patties , I will probably have the loaded potatoes next time and a grilled veggie burger. May be better with something added. As always, try yourself! Everyone's taste is different.

I wanted to add, I Love everything but the hamburger patties and the above, and the turkey sausage pasta. I love food, obviously as I am here overweight, and am not a picky eater. I have lots of favorites and love the food is dense and filling.

Thanks Roger for a good idea!

thanks you two. I used to be a fan of meatloaf with mashed when the program was advanced or nourish and red sauced but this one...pass. I don't care for the new burgers either or maybe it's the sauce they are floating in. They used to have astro burgers that you had to rehydrate - now those could make a comeback.

Not sure if I did that right, but wanted to try responding and see how it works! So far for me, the food is quite satisfactory with the exception of the Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes. I couldn't even finish that meal and I usually eat anything! I won't be ordering that again and they sent me 3 or 4 with my initial order. You're right that everyone has different tastes, but this one just didn't work for me!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info I have an order due to ship next Monday so I just ordered the new lunches Arroz con Pollo, BBQ Pulled Pork, Bean Bolognese and the dinner meatloaf. Plus I ordered the select 10 frozen as extra. I hope I get everything especially the desserts from the select 10 as last time I got all ice cream and I was so looking forward to the cupcakes and pretzels.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

Dang but I miss that like button!! I laughed too!
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say, I gave that pulled pork a 5! I had it with a couple slices of dill pickle on either a whole wheat bun or white wheat bun! It sure worked for me! :p
  • Ron_369
    Ron_369 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Dang but I miss that like button!! I laughed too!
    Me too!
    Forgot to say, I gave that pulled pork a 5! I had it with a couple slices of dill pickle on either a whole wheat bun or white wheat bun! It sure worked for me! :p

Was it a 5 out of 5, or 5 out of 10? I'm guessing it's 5 out of 5 :)

• GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    There have been days that a pulled pork smoothie might have been preferable to the meal I was eating.
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi All
    P.S. Anybody else get the email listing this one?
    BTW did anybody notice the goof in the email?

Email says this for this one.
    BBQ Pork Sandwich Stuffer
    Give your weight loss a jolt with creamy coffee shakes featuring 15 grams of filling protein and a whole lot of rich java flavor.

lol that's just too funny :)

~kel

• Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Cindy
    I thought it was a funny cut and paste type of goof :)

Sorry to hear You missed it.
    Have a great Week
    Roger
    About 2 minutes after I posted that I didn't get the email, I got it! And I just added it to my next order.
    There have been days that a pulled pork smoothie might have been preferable to the meal I was eating.
    LOL! :D

2HyQ.gif