Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm going to see Third Eye Blind. So excited!

That's great you got certified to teach Turbo Fire. I don't know if I could do it... I lack Chalene Johnson's energy, lol
  • AmeeSandhu
    AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm going to see Third Eye Blind. So excited!

That's great you got certified to teach Turbo Fire. I don't know if I could do it... I lack Chalene Johnson's energy, lol

Very cool on TEB! That sounds like it will be so much fun! If you can believe it, the instructor that did the certification was perkier and more energetic than Chalene. I think that's part of the reason I lost my nerve to teach. Which is odd because now that I think about it, some of the fitness class teachers I really like are not super perky. Someday....maybe. lol!
  • ChrisiEMilio
    ChrisiEMilio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 35 years old. I have a 14 year old daughter, an 11 year old daughter with an auto immune disease and a set of twins (a boy and a girl) that just turned one. I am a photographer and have just started trying to get my photography business off the ground. I have had two surgeries in roughly the past year. I had a c section with the twins that I almost died during and then two months ago I was diagnosed with acute appendicitis and had to have my appendix removed. After my last surgery I decided that I was very lucky to be alive and I should certainly make the most out of it. I have done a lot to change my diet but exercise if still hard because I stay so busy. I hope that joining others on a similar mission will help me make a lifestyle change and encourage me to work out every day. So far the extent of my working out has been making sure that I make my 10,000 step a day goal on my fit bit but that is all. I am very thankful to be a part of this group and hope that it helps all of us make healthy lifestyle changes. Consistency has always been my downfall well consistency and carbs. Lol. Sad but true.
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'd know my calories for the day without having to try to make up for anything at the end of the day.

I like that idea, and it would certainly help me as I have a tendency to promise myself that I will work off an indulgence rather than earn it.
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am in my late 40s, and a teacher. I am also currently training to be a hypnotherapist and counsellor and bringing up two teenage boys and a husband! This makes me a bit busy at times and I have let a lot of things slide in the last year. I have very bad knees, I am waiting for an operation. This has restricted what i can do, so I have had to stop running and I don't cycle as much as I used to as I live in a really hilly area. I've used this as an excuse to veg out and I have put on weight. I'm off on holiday in just 5 weeks so I need to make a difference soon otherwise I will not fit in my clothes, and won't enjoy my holiday nearly as much.

I am going to re-start Jillian Michaels BR again tonight when I get home, and tomorrow I am off to my hypnotherapy course so will be walking a lot from train to train across London. I may try cycling to work once a week now it is light and bright in the mornings. I love cycling, it is my favourite activity and I have a wonderful bike with white tyres and a bell and a basket and kick *kitten* gears.

So, feeling inspired and motivated at last, I will be popping on here to be accountable for what I am doing. This group is such a great idea.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Chrisi and Morty, WELCOME! You are both very inspiring to me! I feel ashamed at how much I've let a sinus infection derail me, or how much I'll let just "being tired" push me around. You too are overcoming quite the challenges, but you're pushing through and doing it. That's exciting!!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Wow, @ChrisiEMilio and @morty1966, you two are amazing. Welcome, and I look forward to working with you all in the group!
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Greetings All,
    I'm 48 years old and also a teacher. I've been married to my wonderful husband for 22 years and we have a beautiful daughter who is a freshman away at college. I've ran 3 full marathons, half marathons, 10ks and 5ks. (My husband is a cross country and track coach and my daughter is a runner.) However, I haven't done much of anything in the last three years.....except gain weight!!! I'm trying to get back into running and eating better. I'm on spring break, so having the motivation and time to work-out isn't a problem. However, when I go back to school my motivation seems to go out the window! I know if I can get a good foundation before summer starts, that would be huge! My plan is to use Jillian DVDs in the mornings and do my runs in the afternoon.
    This group sounds perfect and is just what I need! :)
  • Womaniamnew
    Womaniamnew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hola! Hola! Hola! everyone....My name is Tamikka I am 42 years old and I'm looking for accountability to kick my booty into gear with getting up at 4am EST, start my workout at 4:15 and then get ready for my day. My day is full so I really don't have the time now to get me workouts in after work. I figure if I get it done early, it leaves me one less thing to worry about.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    So excited you are here Tamikka and rlstepp29! I've gotten a huge boost of motivation already and this group is less than a week old. We are really starting to roll!
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Holly. I keep starting and falling off exercise programs and I do so much better in a group where I feel accountable. It seems like every time I get going I jave an injury or illness and cant keep the momentum going. Right now I have a kidney stone that has hung around for 5 weeks. I go to the doctor Wed to see what needs to be done. I have been inconsistent and let the pain stop me a lot lately.

We leave for Hawaii in 5 weeks. I sit at my heavieat ever weight and had hoped to lose a good 50 to 60 lbs, but all I can do is do what I can and be healthier and in better ahape 5 weeks from now sp we can hike and surf.

I am doing Body Revolution. I am restarting week 2 so doing workout 1 and 2 this week. I am also doing the Couch25K 3 days a week. And the 30 day butt lift, which is a 10 minute workout every day. I am adding some weights for upper body and step ups on my tower with pushups and planks every other day. I am mainly digging onto the muscles I work in Body revolution but dont feel I am shredding and building with it alone. My husband and I walk 30 minutes every night.

I know it sounds like a lot, but running isnt every day and the weights I am doing are just 10 to 15 minutes extra. I am breaking up my workouts where i run first thing and do weights/ Body Revolution mid morning and then walk at night. We do swing dancing once a week instead of walking. On the weekends I am substituting a hike instead of the Body Revolution cardio.

I hope I can feel good enough to have a family photo that I dont have to crop. My son lives in Oahu so we dont get all my kids together often.

• Topaz4321
    Topaz4321 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I recently turned 40 and have decided to jump back on the healthy wagon. I am hoping to lose 50 pounds (long term goal) but have many smaller goals.... just getting up each morning to work out this week is one so I'm hoping joining this group will help.

• AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Holly, welcome! I know I've run in to you in another thread but it was really nice getting to know you a bit more. Hawaii will be amazing and it sounds like once you kick the kidney stone to the curb that you'll be unstoppable. You are right now just by continuing through the workouts WITH a kidney stone. Awesome!!

Topaz, welcome welcome!! I hope this group will help you too! Get to know me and feel the pressure to show up! lol! It's been working for me too. I'm 41 and have roughly 40 pounds to lose. Glad to have you here!
  • Kattikabi
    Kattikabi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Kate, I am from Poland. Nowoadays I working a little bit and I am preparing form my cerfification exam connected with my job. I found working out in the morning extremely hard. I find out that starting slow helps. When I plan hard workout I am discouraged and often quit workout.