Post your recent results - Part 2

Options

Replies

• Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Boston Marathon! It was a battle...mentally and physically. But I got a 3:05 and a almost 7 minute PR!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Boston Marathon! It was a battle...mentally and physically. But I got a 3:05 and a almost 7 minute PR!

Amazing job!!!
  • chemlabdoc
    chemlabdoc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Spokane River Run 50k trail run. 4:49 is a new best for me on this course. Losing 20 lbs helped a ton.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

You're a testament to proper training overcoming a tough course and crappy weather.
  • Carrieendar
    edited April 2015
    Options

You're a testament to proper training overcoming a tough course and crappy weather.

I keep saying "it was a battle out there" but it really was. It was a unique experience for me. I slowed by choice but never hit a wall, a very weird feeling! I can't quite explain it. Part of me feels like I shouldn't be so pleased with the result, but that part is overridden by the part that sees how amazing the whole thing was...and to run away with 7 min pr...ahhhhhh! Amazing :)

Congrats to you as well on that awesome performance!!!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the New Jersey half marathon today where I got a PR! :D 1:53:07, according to my chip time, which is a 5 min 21 second PR from my last 13.1 in November. Really great race; recently taken over by Lifetime and so the organization/communication was much better this year than previously (so I heard). SUPER flat course, so much so that it's basically a straight line on my Garmin data. A ton of people there were talking about BQs this morning :)

Only complaint was that the course was about .1 long, and from talking to other people basically everyone had 13.3-13.5 on their watch at the end. Which considering my goal was 1:52, and I went an extra .1 and got a hair over 1:53... harumph. Won't let it get me down! But otherwise, great race, highly recommend!
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    This thread's meant to be all about showing off, right? Okay, so 4-minute PR in the London marathon today for 2:52:30 and 31st (non-elite) female. Hurrah! :)
  • Carrieendar
    Options
    *bows down* amazing!!!
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    WOW @litsy3!! Way to go! I'd love to do the London Marathon someday, but I expect it'll be a bit slower. :wink:
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    litsy3 wrote: »
    This thread's meant to be all about showing off, right? Okay, so 4-minute PR in the London marathon today for 2:52:30 and 31st (non-elite) female. Hurrah! :)

WOW! That is amazing!! Huge congratulations!
  • TomZot
    TomZot Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Chief Maloney Unity Run 10K 4/26/2015. New 10K PR: 45:05. 35th overall/2nd in age group. 800+ finishers.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    chemlabdoc wrote: »
    Spokane River Run 50k trail run. 4:49 is a new best for me on this course. Losing 20 lbs helped a ton.

Awesome work and good time!!
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options

Wow!!! Great job litsy
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Montréal Scotiabank half marathon - 1:44:27 .... Not at all what I was going for, but still a PR.
  • JustWant2Run
    Options

You are awesome!!!
  • litsy3
    Options
    Thanks guys! You're awesome too, T2BF - never say no to a PR! Alikonda - definitely do London if you get the chance; it's such a great race and really does live up to the hype.
  • litsy3
    Options
    PS: time now revised to chip time rather than gun time, so 2:52:18. :)
  • JustWant2Run
    Options

You gained 12 seconds! Wooohooo :)
  • lporter229
    Options

You are amazing!
  • lporter229
    Options
    Montréal Scotiabank half marathon - 1:44:27 .... Not at all what I was going for, but still a PR.
    Great PR Josee! Your BQ is right around the corner!
This discussion has been closed.