low carb diet and YOUR results?

SuperSizeMeNot
SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
how long have you been on a low carb diet and how much have you lost?

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Maintained a 300 lb loss for 13 years. Gained some back during medical issues over a few years, have since lost 48 again since Thanksgiving.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    I have been low-carb for almost 11mo. I have lost over 80lbs. Still 15 to 20lbs to go to my goal weight.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited April 2015
    About 9 weeks and in that time I have lost 12.4kg. I have lost 25.9kg all up since Jan 4th but the first weeks I was eating stupidly low amounts.
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    I've been low carb/keto for 1 1/2 years (2 years in September) and I've lost 112 lbs. I'm at 234 and so I still have another 80 lbs or so I want to lose, maybe. I'll know what my goal weight is when I get closer to it.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Down 10 pounds, but...there's more to this than just weight.
    1. No more heartburn/digestive issues
    2. No more joint pain
    3. Much less anxiety/depression
    4. Don't have to eat every 3 hours
    5. Don't get "hangry"
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    I've been low carb since the end of February (I guess that's about 2 months ago now, huh?), and I am down 20 pounds. Also, what Twibbly said:
    Twibbly wrote: »
    ...there's more to this than just weight.
    1. No more heartburn/digestive issues
    2. No more joint pain
    3. Much less anxiety/depression
    4. Don't have to eat every 3 hours
    5. Don't get "hangry"
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    16 months on keto, 77 pounds down, 25-40 more to go (we'll see when I get there). In total I'm down 114 pounds from my highest ever weight, but the first bit of that wasn't done with low carb.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    I started this lifestyle on July 24,2011. So it's been 3 years 9 months and 3 days.
    I reached goal in 6 months . Starting weight was 163, goal weight is 135
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    I started looking at LC mid Jan 2015. I got serious and went Keto Feb 1. Since Jan 16 I have lost 31 lbs. 10% of my total weight.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Almost 3 months in Keto without one week. Went from 160lb (estimated, could have been more or less, didn't have a scale when I started) to 144.4lb as of Sunday.

Body fat from 32% to 23.71%
    BMI from 25 to 21.9
    Waist from 32 to 30
    Hips from 41 to 36
    My goal is 140lb, so I keep on ketoing!
    I'm still 5'8", that didn't change lol

Feeling good in the neighborhood:)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Started low carb in late Jan., 2015. Then to LCHF in mid Feb. Just over three months and I've lost 25 lb. Have about 30 more to go, but will be LCHF for life. Other benefits that have been noticed is a quicker recovery in fibromyalgia pain, energy that I haven't had in years, and getting to make these awesome friends on MFP!
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Started LCHF (20 carbs, +or-) on March 1. Since then I've lost 11 lbs. It's not as impressive a loss as others have had but I'm sticking with it and expecting it to get better.
  • ibetty55
    ibetty55 Posts: 48 Member
    September 2014 so 8 months. Have lost 25 lbs that I have no wish to find. Still have 30 to go for goal but no hurry. I didn't know how bad I was feeling until I started LC and started feeling SO much better.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Started LCHF (20 carbs, +or-) on March 1. Since then I've lost 11 lbs. It's not as impressive a loss as others have had but I'm sticking with it and expecting it to get better.

I hear you wheatless girl, I've been diligent but after 2 months, I've only lost 10lbs and that was in the first week. But, lost they are and I seem stable so even though I have not lost anything for about 7 weeks... I'll keep on, keepin' on.
  • jt_1216
    jt_1216 Posts: 2 Member
    I've been on keto a month now and I've lost 14 pounds. I have 100 more to go.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    gsp90x wrote: »

I hear you wheatless girl, I've been diligent but after 2 months, I've only lost 10lbs and that was in the first week. But, lost they are and I seem stable so even though I have not lost anything for about 7 weeks... I'll keep on, keepin' on.

Same thing here. I lost mostly in the first 20 days. After that, I've been fiddling with the same dang three pounds. I don't understand it, but I'm not quitting. Yep, "keep on, keepin' on." I hope we both break through whatever the barrier is and start losing again!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    gsp90x wrote: »

Same thing here. I lost mostly in the first 20 days. After that, I've been fiddling with the same dang three pounds. I don't understand it, but I'm not quitting. Yep, "keep on, keepin' on." I hope we both break through whatever the barrier is and start losing again!

There was a thread discussing this on reddit the other day - some women only lose once or twice a month. Or rather, they lose all month, but other fluctuations in water/hormones make it so the loss doesn't register except for once or twice a month. I'm in the twice a month category, and mine is a fluid issue. A lot of women were in the once a month category, so it may be you are too, and it will take a bit for your body to adjust.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    JPW1990 Even for postmenopausal women?
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    edited April 2015
    I started low carbs of 50-100grams (mostly veggie carbs) per day on about 2013/March/12 at 81 kg, and hit 70 kg on 2014/May/26, and for the past year have maintained at 70-71 kg. Lost much brain fog! And only get joint pain and puffiness in my legs when I do bad carbs like bread and beer (like last weekend, bleah). KCKO! I too lost in spurts. I will add a pic of my progress chart from the old app still on my ipad (the new iphone version with the underArmour logo doesn't go back more than a year!) You can see that it came off in spurts. edit to add: I am postmenopausal.

znbba48ug5aj.png
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Maintained a 300 lb loss for 13 years. Gained some back during medical issues over a few years, have since lost 48 again since Thanksgiving.

That's amazing. I'm stunned. And awed. Lost for words (and that doesn't often happen). Wow.