Single according to Meyers Briggs

Options
http://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/03/heres-why-youre-still-single-based-on-your-myers-briggs-personality-type/

Hahahaha fuckkkkkkk

INFJ You’re single because: You have trust issues. You’ll get into a relationship when: Someone you’ve known for an unimaginable amount of time finally wears you down and convinces you that you can take a chance on them.

I'm choosing to look at this as hilarious, even if it is scarily accurate

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    This is what I got:

ISTJ

You’re single because: You aren’t a party animal/bad boy, which you’ve convinced yourself is all anyone your age wants.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You finally reach the phase of life where other people are as ready to settle down as you have been for the past two decades.

Yep, sounds like me. I am not the outgoing, hitting bars or dance clubs type.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    choosing to look at this as hilarious, even if it is scarily accurate

Yeah, I'm gonna do the same

INFP

You’re single because: You idealize the crap out of potential partners and then get upset when their reality doesn’t measure up.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You meet someone who also wants the rest of his or her life to resemble a Nicholas Sparks novel.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I always forget what my meyers briggs is, had to do the test. Well the top part is right. I have a hard time keeping opinions to myself.

ESTJ

Your single because: Those helpful life pointers you gave your last date were actually pretty insulting.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You meet an Anastasia Steele type who just wants to be bossed around.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I think the answers are so hilarious! Of course there is truth in jest, but I don't think it means we should just accept what it's saying and give up ;)
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Never give up!
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    ISFJ

You’re single because: You’re attracted to carefree personalities, who then take the relationship twelve hundred times less seriously than you do.

You’ll get into a relationship when: The ESTP you’ve been pursuing is finally ready to settle down.

Interesting...
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I'm borderline ENFP and INFP.

This is eerily true. Someone needs to hold my attention long enough for me to become intrigued, and THEN I idealize them...or get bored with them.

ENFP
    You’re single because: You have the attention span of a goldfish and cannot decide what you want.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You find someone just unattainable enough to intrigue you for a significant period of time.

INFP

You’re single because: You idealize the crap out of potential partners and then get upset when their reality doesn’t measure up.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You meet someone who also wants the rest of his or her life to resemble a Nicholas Sparks novel.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    ESFJ

You’re single because: You have a savior complex and keep going for wounded people who can’t properly love you back.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You’re finally attracted to someone who has his or her *kitten* together and doesn’t need to be bullied into a relationship.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    How do you know which one you are?
  • OperationSuperKAT
    Options
    I took the test for work a couple years ago. My boss was obsessed with it lol
  • OperationSuperKAT
    Options
    I think you can find it online!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I think you can find it online!
    I used this one. http://www.truity.com/test/type-finder-research-edition

• Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This is me:

INFJ

You’re single because: You have trust issues.

You’ll get into a relationship when: Someone you’ve known for an unimaginable amount of time finally wears you down and convinces you that you can take a chance on them.

And oh it couldn't be more true .. lolololol
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Yeah, probably a bit too true!!

INFP

• ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    OP: Thanks for the awesome laugh with this post!!!

Oh...my...word...I about died laughing. Spot on!!!

"ENTP--You’re single because: You’re not. You’re probably already in a couple of relationships that you’ve just forgotten about. You’ll get into a relationship when: Your INFJ wife tracks you down and demands to know where you’ve been for the past six years."
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    INTJ

You’re single because: You over-analyze social interactions to the point where it seems easier to just avoid them altogether.

You’ll get into a relationship when: A hell-bent ENFP follows you around for a long enough period of time that you eventually just accept that you’re dating.

Um, that may have happened before.
  • Pip_squeak83
    Pip_squeak83 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ESFJ

You’re single because: You have a savior complex and keep going for wounded people who can’t properly love you back.

You’ll get into a relationship when: You’re finally attracted to someone who has his or her *kitten* together and doesn’t need to be bullied into a relationship.

Seems legit
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work so well for me. I'm ENTP, and that profile doesn't really match ENTPs. ENTPs are the least extroverted of the E's. Maybe they struggled with an amusing reason for us, and that's why it's at the bottom? :)
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    ESFJ

You’ll get into a relationship when: You’re finally attracted to someone who has his or her **** together and doesn’t need to be bullied into a relationship.

Seems legit

Def ready to be attracted to someone who has their stuff together...