let the count down begin!!

Options
13»

Replies

• TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you! I took a hot bath last night and thought about all the reasons I started this thing. Of course, a peek in the full-length mirror helped lol I have re-committed to it and some of the fear subsided. I am bringing my phone with me to the hospital so hopefully I can keep posting from there.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    TN_Tinker wrote: »
    Thanks to all of you! I took a hot bath last night and thought about all the reasons I started this thing. Of course, a peek in the full-length mirror helped lol I have re-committed to it and some of the fear subsided. I am bringing my phone with me to the hospital so hopefully I can keep posting from there.

The pain is minimal, This was the easiest surgery I have had. When pouch was empty in morning was when I had the worst pain. Gas pains will occur as well. Walk as soon as you are able and walk walk walk, and sip sip sip. Follow your Dr.s orders on everything, NO CHEATING. I honestly would not change this for the world. I am down 110 pounds and almost to my goal, I had surgery 4 17 2014, Now think where you will be in a year without the surgery and think of where you will be with the surgery. Soon you will be to a healthier you. HUGS for you this week.

• mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Tinker- I can honestly say that a root canal I had in October was much much more painful than the VSG surgery. I was so nervous the day of, but my surgical team was amazing. You are going to rock this and in a couple weeks will not only be fully recovered but will be feeling better than you did preop :)
  • kc82
    kc82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Finally got my surgery date! April 29th! Now the fun begins.

You will do FABULOUS! I'm one month shy of two years post-op and this has been the greatest decision I've ever made for myself! I have no doubt that you will have just as much success! Please keep us posted on how you're doing! We'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!!

SW: 311 lbs
    CW: 164.8 lbs
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options

Wishing you the best. I remember lying on the gurney and all prepped for surgery and still wondering if I should run out the door :) I didn't, and I couldn't be happier with the surgery. While it is only a tool, and we all still have to do the work, it really has given me the kickstart to make my life healthier. And, as a result I am also happier. The pain will be managed for you and it really isn't even that much. I was lucky and never had to take pain meds or nausea meds after the 2nd day. While this sounds cliche, once you are out of the hospital you will feel a little better every day. Can't wait to hear you are on the mend and ready to go!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    The next two days are liquids only and the surgery is Wed. I am starting to get nervous. Not about the liquid part but about the surgery. Can I really go through with it? Am I insane? Will it be truly worth it? How bad is the pain going to be? How long will I be in the hospital?

I've had so many surgeries, having the sleeve done wasn't a big deal to me. But I can understand your worry. Let me say, no, you are not insane. In fact, you have made an itelligent decision to get the help your need (WLS) to become healthy again. Will it be worth it? Absolutely! Without a doubt, this is the best thing I have ever done for myself! Pain, not much for me. They took me off the morphine drip the day after surgery because it made me so sleepy I wasn't getting the walking in they wanted. After that, I had maybe 2 Vicodin and then I was done with pain meds. Others have had a different experience, but I really didn't have a pain problem. I had my surgery on Thursday. I went home Sunday and I had one extra night in the hospital only because the Unjury shakes they gave me to drink were too sweet and thick and I had a hard time getting them down. They were worried that I wasn't going to be getting any nutrition in, but I did much better once home and drinking the Unjury chicken and beef broth.

It's normal to be worried, this is a life altering surgery, but in the best way possible. Trust me and everyone else on here who tells you what you feel is normal, but once you are done and healing and the weight is coming off, you will feel as we do that this was the best thing you've ever done for yourself!

Pat

• bookerlr
    bookerlr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm wishing you well on your surgery tomorrow. You'll do great!
  • mycatsnameisbug
    Options
    Today's the day! Good luck, you will do great. Keep us posted if you can :)
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    got home last night. Sorry, I didn't post sooner but I was so tired. They wake you up a lot in the hospital and made it hard to stay awake other than to sip and walk then sleep. I am having trouble remembering to sip. I am getting close to the fluid intake they want. 64 oz never seemed like so much before. I keep getting hiccups. What's up with that? I try to drink from a dixie cup, that seems to help me drink slower. Any other suggestions?
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Just sip slow, take it easy, all fluids count not just water, so if you are drinking a instant breakfast with milk that counts. in the hospital they gave us little teeny glasses that had about 2 oz in them to start. Good luck to you it will be ok
  • mycatsnameisbug
    Options
    Temperature was a big help for me too. Room temp or warmer went down better than icy cold stuff. Others it's the opposite- try some different things :) ️glad to hear you're home and doing well!!