New....Lost

Options
So I've been bouncing around for quite some time now trying to figure out how in the past 10 years of my 13 remarried years I put on over 80lbs. I know that part of it was really do to taking all sorts of medications. But a huge part is due to my out of control eating when life gets really tough. In college I drank heavily and I quit. I smoked for 20 years on and off and I quit. I recently gave up a horrible habit of drinking Coca Colas - since January 2015- none!! And even though I know that I have made accomplishments, I have not made them in time. I have all sorts of health problems including being told that my latest A1C is 6.4 and that 6.5 is considered an official diabetic. SO I am here stating that I am new to this group and I am lost in my life right now when it comes to my emotional eating. If you are interested in knowing more about the changes I am making, being a mutual friend and supporter....I look forward to hearing from. I must add, I am a therapist with wild hours and the mom to a blended family of 8 kids of whom 6 still live at home. So please be patient with my response time. THANK YOU!!!! For taking the time to read this.

Replies

• grace_ace1987
    grace_ace1987 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am starting my journey too lets support each other. Do you have a goal to head towards?
  • HealthyGuerita
    HealthyGuerita Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    First let me say thank you for your response!!!! Secondly, I have two small goals and one bigger goal. I have 3 months to lower my A1c by at least .2 and to attend the gym at least 4 days of the week. My bigger goal is to lose 75 lbs total but gradually by 25 lbs at a time. I have already started changing my eating habits due to food allergies, intolerances and/or illnesses. I also just signed up with my husband and two older boys to a local In Shape gym. Plus on the weekends we go on walks/hikes at a local park. These are usually 2-3 mile walk/hikes. I use a FitBit to help track things. I apologize that I am rambling but trying to give you as much background information as possible.

SO...after all that...I am really happy to be of support to you while we do this together. What are your goals and expectations of your journey? Is there anything specific that you need from me as we support each other on this journey?