Welcome Buddies

Options

Replies

• SCOTTYMAGGIE
    SCOTTYMAGGIE Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I finally got a photo on of my DD and I but don't ask me how I did it :)
  • SCOTTYMAGGIE
    Options
  • SCOTTYMAGGIE
    Options
    I'm finally getting somewhere.......... yeah!!
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi all - trying to catch up - hope to play eventually.
  • JanisPage
    JanisPage Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    phoned Costco said my bank, which they do automated scanning for verification of address) didn't have my street address on file only my po box so it didn't verify--so now I must take my dl to the bank and have them add my residence address, due to Costco not shipping to a po box----rural America once again, so nothing is wrong between NS and Costco. Just my bank didn't have physical address on file

regarding Steve, he is in hospital waiting to see what will transpire..... lots of tests, diverticulosis perforation of colon in an area that is infected
    will do surgery at some point are doing tests and running IV antibiotics right now trying to ward off peritonitis before they do surgery and scatter the infection possibly

they say the infection is localized in one area so they can wait to do surgery, they THINK
    using caution anyway could go both ways now emergency surgery today or wait two weeks to repair the colon
    so far that's where we are with this
    pray for antibiotics to decrease the infection so that they can do surgery successfully and heal his colon
    thanks a bunch, guys and gals <3 very sweet kitten pic, Mary!
    Love you
    Jan
  • zaftig_no_more
    zaftig_no_more Posts: 87 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sorry about the report on your sil, Janny...diver is nothing to fool with and a perforation, too... not good. Hope the surgery will take care of it all and that he recuperates well.

Don't know about Cathy's Rachel?? Is she a granddaughter?

Glad to hear that the Costco thing was a bank thing. Costco doesn't take a PO box. I have to enter that address in for the Visa charge and my home address for delivery but they usually tell me that before I get off the ordering page. They must be pretty busy.

Meant to mention this morning .... does anyone watch HGTV? Wildly popular here. Mark and Derek from DWTS have a new show .. Mark and Derek's Excellent Flip.... very cute...and profitable for them! Wonder if they'll become the Dancing Property Brothers! lol Not sure if house flips are popular on the east coast but they are on the west.

Margaret...Good to see your smiling face! :smile:

Also I didn't see an answer from Mary about next month's thread. Are you going to re start one, Mary?? and if so, will you link it in here like you did on the NS boards...
  • JanisPage
    edited April 2015
    Options
    visited with Steve-plan is to keep in hospital 2 days, and monitor keep running IV's and see where we go from therethe doc still thinks surgery in 2 weeks rather than earlier
    I did place a repeat order to costco after I made a trip to the bank to scan my residence address onto my file It should be OK now
  • chattycathy33702
    chattycathy33702 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi buddies - just checking in to let y'all know Rachel came through the 6.5 hr surgery today and is in Pediatric ICU. Hasn't woken up yet but seems she is stable. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for her. The word I got was that they now know seizures are in the right side of her brain. Today's surgery was to implant diagnostics so they can monitor seizure activity and better pinpoint the exact location. Then the second surgery which will hopefully correct the problem is supposed to be next week. All this is second hand info, as I'm not in Orlando with them, but they've kept me up to date all day. Know someone asked, and Rachel is actually my step great-granddaughter (my step grandson's youngest) and she's just 9 yrs old. Once I learn more about this site, I'll try to post a pic -- she's such a sweet little girl.

Sorry not up to chatting too much more, but promise I'll check in again tomorrow. Great to see everyone moving over and posting here. Would hate to lose my 'virtual sisters' and all that love and support right now. Thanks again, and we'll catch ya again soon ...
  • JanisPage
    Options
    glad that Rachel came through surgery well, and do hope it helps with the seizure condition
  • SCOTTYMAGGIE
    Options
    So glad to hear from you Cathy, can understand about not posting. If I can figure out this site, know you will
    Jan glad Steve is resting to get ready for surgery is he going home first?
  • twogoldendoodles
    twogoldendoodles Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    isnpck3eqjj3.jpg
    Hello Buddies,
    I saw this 12" rat snake in front of me yesterday afternoon. I was gardening in the front yard, and he was in the pine needles under a shrub. He went off under the shrub and I went to the backyard to garden there instead!

Prayers for Steve and Rachel and those in need. take care, Ellen

• zaftig_no_more
    zaftig_no_more Posts: 87 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ellen....That's one way to get me off this thread! I HATE snakes! I don't think I want to see one every time I get on here.

Cathy...Prayers for your little ggd. Hope the surgery helps her. So hard when the kids are small like that. Hugs for you...

I will check back in one more time to see if Mary started a new thread. I'll probably be posting more on the NS Refugee Forum. Hope to see you all there...

http://nutrisystemrefugees.freeforums.net/
  • Gramsjls
    Gramsjls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    JanisPage wrote: »
    phoned Costco said my bank, which they do automated scanning for verification of address) didn't have my street address on file only my po box so it didn't verify--so now I must take my dl to the bank and have them add my residence address, due to Costco not shipping to a po box----rural America once again, so nothing is wrong between NS and Costco. Just my bank didn't have physical address on file

regarding Steve, he is in hospital waiting to see what will transpire..... lots of tests, diverticulosis perforation of colon in an area that is infected
    will do surgery at some point are doing tests and running IV antibiotics right now trying to ward off peritonitis before they do surgery and scatter the infection possibly

they say the infection is localized in one area so they can wait to do surgery, they THINK
    using caution anyway could go both ways now emergency surgery today or wait two weeks to repair the colon
    so far that's where we are with this
    pray for antibiotics to decrease the infection so that they can do surgery successfully and heal his colon
    thanks a bunch, guys and gals <3 very sweet kitten pic, Mary!
    Love you
    Jan

• Gramsjls
    Gramsjls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, had lots of Reding to do to catch up. I didn't realize everyone was posting on this board instead of the ns board. I have been posting only on the ns board.

Mary, so sorry the smallest kitty didn't make it.

It's good to see so many ppl here. I hoped our group would keep going strong. It's such a source of encouragement.

Have a good day, buddies.

Jeannette in No. California
  • SCOTTYMAGGIE
    Options
    Sally I accepted your friend request but when I read it at first I thought I had offended you it read
    Zafteig ............ no more wants to be your friend :)
  • JanisPage
    edited April 2015
    Options
    plan is for Steve to go home if does well in hospital 2 more days, stay on clear liquid diet, then surgery for around May 12th IF all goes according to plan...antibiotics the whole two weeks before, of course Had fever last night when I was there. Tammye will limp along as best she can at opening the bakery as they are a team She will have some volunteer help this weekend and Sara might come home from college for the weekend to help wait tables

Once again, Costco cancelled my order trying a new tactic today to get my order to go through,,,exceedingly frustrating

we are having beautiful weather I walked to town and back finally got nail fill yesterday Looking forward to permed hair next Tuesday

the county fair is this Saturday, but don't want to enter art after all.

well, my tactic worked!!!! Costco just sent confirmation that they are shipping the cards I kept on ordering Yay!!!!Their computer is very sensitive about WHERE they ship things!!
    Ellen, you poor thing that snake would have freaked me out!!!
  • SCOTTYMAGGIE
    Options
    today, I can't find any discussion boards on NS,glad I got my 50 clicks it might also vanish without warning
  • SCOTTYMAGGIE
    Options
    I got a friend request from you Sally and I thought I had offended you it read:
    Zaftig...............no more wants to be your friend :)
  • monstermary1
    monstermary1 Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Let's see if this link works to the new May board. If not, I will try something different.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10151213/hi-all-buddies

Mary
  • SCOTTYMAGGIE
    Options
    took a look at the refugee site which does look good but I'll stick here unless we all want to change, it is more user friendly
    2948235384a6c88acef.jpg
    Cuddly Comments