Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, April 27th - May 3rd

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Hello again everyone! The weather is warming up here this week, and I am loving it! In just a few short weeks I will be bitching that it is too hot outside lol.

This week my goals are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food six days (But be mindful what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA three times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. To blog once this week (on another site) (I have yet to meet this goal, STILL, just no time!!)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week
8. Manage my stress levels and try not to stress eat, be mindful of it

This upcoming Saturday is a big fight night, and I am SO excited....that will be my night off for sure, cuz of midnight pizza and wings lol, but gonna try and be good all week so I have a high enough deficit at that point that it will not kill my week.

How about you? What are your goals?

Weekly Mini Goal

Post one thing every day this week that you are please with yourself for doing/not doing!

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Well this week started off better then last week ended. I have started my new meds dose and my sugar was 8.6 and 9.8 before and after lunch that's actually good for me. and I am excited about getting my house back now.

Goals
    1) use my treadmill I moved it upstairs so I can use it
    2) drink more water, no soda except Wednesday when I go for lunch with my friends
    3) get more fibre into my day
    4) do something that makes me happy and is free

Mini goal: today I am proud that I did not have a Muffin during my meetings despite feeling like I am starving. I will have some carrots while I am cooking dinner so I don't overeat
  • Sjk255
    Sjk255 Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new to the group and would like to join in.

Goals
    1. Drink at least 60oz of water every day
    2. Get up early and do 30 minutes of cardio at least 3 days this week
    3. Go to bed by 10:00 every night
    4. Go for an evening walk at least 3 times this week

Mini-goal
    Today I surpassed my daily step goal :)
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Goals this week:
    • Walk everyday during lunch for half an hour
    • Bring my food to work everyday
    • Walk everyday during my four days off

Today, I am proud of myself for bringing my lunch and not going out to eat. I'm glad it's a routine, and I'm also glad I treat myself once in a while.
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Goals this week:
    1. Keep sane while my husband is out of town.
    2. Don't indulge in restaurants.
    3. 8-10,000 steps everyday.
    4. strength training 5-6 times a week (alternating arms and legs)
    5. PT stretches everyday.
    6. Get some of my Girl Scout stuff organized.

Now that my desk is clean and usable, I'm actually trying to get some other stuff clean and organized. :)

Mini Goal:
    Today I sat with a friend of mine who has been having a really rough time medically. My mother has been sitting with her and visiting for months as she goes through her different treatments and rehabs and whatnot. Today was my first time going. And the first time I've seen her in probably a couple of years. She was feeling pretty good, and was in good spirits, so I think that it was a good visit for all three of us. :) I'm proud that I was willing and able to put aside time for that when my mother asked me about it this morning.

And we will NOT speak of the Indian buffet my mother and I went to for lunch today.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    HLar - Blood sugar levels sound great for today! And good choice with those carrots! Way to be proactive!

Sjk - Welcome! Always great to see new posters!

Joco - WELCOME BACK, WE MISSED YOU!

Scout - I am glad you went and saw your friend, she was probably thrilled to see you! How long is your husband out of town?

Mini Goal - Today I tried fish for the first time in about 20 years.....it went ok...I will try it once more....
  • craftscout
    Options
    Ugh, he's in Vegas all week for a conference. I hate when he's gone, because I feel like a single mom, and those brief times when it happens gives me huge respect for all the single parents I know!

On top of that, stuff is blowing up at work for him at the worst possible time when he can't be on hand, so he's stressed and not sleeping right, and I worry.

Today's going to be interesting. Physical therapy for my knee followed by a thank you breakfast at one of the schools I work in.

Good luck and health to all of us today!
  • zilannoj
    Options
    Thanks so much, Italian_Buju :) I'm glad to be back. I'd love to go fishing.

craftscout, one of my co-workers is a single mom going to school part time. I don't know how she does it, but I admire her.

Today, I'm proud of myself for not giving up. For the past couple months I've dealt with constant injuries, but I'm pushing through.
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to ride the stationary bike at least once. I know it helps with the swelling in my legs, but I just haven't been doing it.
    Mini-goal: Someone at work brought in several boxes of donuts and I didn't have any. I didn't even want any. I figured it wasn't worth the 300 calories for a non-bakery donut.
  • craftscout
    Options
    Okay, so my therapist has finally shown that demon side I knew he had all along. I have no core strength, and since we all know core strength helps with EVERYTHING, he decided to add that to my regime. So today, he had me in regular plank for 10 secs, 3x; side plank for 10 secs, 3x; adding weights to my goblet squats, 3 sets of 10. Oh, and for good measure, 5 sets of 10 second wall sits while squeezing a ball between my knees.

Did I mention that most of the stretches and exercises done for my knee problem are all fairly suggestive in nature? ;)

I completely felt punched in the gut by the end of the session, sweaty, and breathing hard. But I will be doing the whole dang thing again on Thursday, because I WANT TO BE ABLE TO NOT HURT, DAM IT!!!

*puts down the rage*

Mini goal:
    I'm proud of myself for starting my bathroom declutter and clean as scheduled. It's going to be a long job, but it needs to be done so that I can have a bathroom I enjoy spending (bubble bath) time in.
  • craftscout
    Options
    New proudness that happened after I posted this^.

My kids are in a 1 mile fun run at the local elementary school on Saturday. My son has done this every year since it began 2 years ago. My daughter and I both did it the first year. It was one of the proudest yet most humiliating and heart breaking moments in my life.

It was a one mile fun run. I was surrounded by kids from kindergarten to fifth grade.

I came in dead last. I finished, which I was very proud of. But I cried the last 50 yards or so. My husband came back to encourage me, but all I could think about was the fact that i came in last. By a lot. Like 5 minutes behind everyone else.

Back in January, my plan was to do C25K and then rock this to prove to myself I have changed from that person who came in last. That I wouldn't even bother with the 1 mile, but go straight to the 5K.

Then I blew out my knee.

No more C25K.

For the past few weeks I wasn't sure if we were going to go, and whether I would race. So, we registered the kids for the race, but not me. But I still have to go. My husband can't go, because he will still be out of town.

Have I mentioned my husband runs marathons? For fun? Yeah.

Anyways.

I decided that I would go ahead and walk with my kids. I need to prove to myself that I'm not going to come in last again. Tonight I decided to talk a walk. A 1 mile walk. Going as fast as I felt comfortable with. Timing myself (yay, Fitbit Surge).

18 minutes.

I did a mile in 18 minutes! Now, this is nothing to people who can run and people who aren't 279 pounds. My husband usually can finish a 5K in under 30 minutes (3.1 miles).

But the Disney 5Ks require a proven pace of 16 minutes/mile. I'm almost there. I'm almost as fast as I need to be to enter a real race with an actual pace requirement.

Not that I want to be a runner or anything. But I think next year, I will definitely be entering the 5K, and will be able to keep up with my husband for the whole thing. Maybe even pass him. ;)

Sorry this is so long, but I figured you needed the back story to understand why I'm so proud of that 18 minute mile.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Joco - I ate fish, I do not think I would ever go fishing lol

Shaballa - nice win against donuts!! Feels good!

Scout - good stuff, loved the story....also, I understand what you mean about the single parent thing, my SO leaves 18 weeks at a time, and even when here only gets home usually on weekends....

Mini Goal - even though I did not make it to the gym today, I went out for a 90 minute walk before dinner and got all my steps in!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I accidentally caffeine deprived myself now I have a huge headache, I am hoping that it goes away soon I'm drinking some tea! So far on my new medication 9.8 is the highest my sugar has gone. It feels good to be in a more normal range and now I can hopefully bring it down some more and my body will let me loose weight.

Sjk: welcome to the group
    Italian: I can't do fish I tried lots of times lots of ways I know it's good for me but so is chicken, way to go on getting your exercise in when you didn't make it to the gym
    Shballs: good job with the donut it sounds like you had good rational not just depriving yourself
    Joco: it's easy to give up, I don't know you yet but I'm glad your back
    Craft: you have had a busy week, I hope that you can do the 5k walk one day and that you enjoy your walk/run with your kids

Mini goals: yesterday I got on my treadmill I was at home sick from work and I did not let that be an excuse
    Today, is my eating out for lunch day so I preplanned my whole day around this meal and paid close attention to how much I could eat all day usually I just wing it
  • Losin_W8
    Losin_W8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!
    Sorry I've been MIA for the past couple of weeks! I've been so busy. Between moving my boyfriends grandma, spending time with his two kids, work, and everything else I just haven't had much time to get on here. Ive been logging my food as best as I can. Last weekend we left Saturday evening and didn't get home until 1am on Tue. I wasn't able to log the whole weekend but tried to make good decisions and eat small portions. I still managed to lose 3lbs so I was pretty happy!

Mini goals: I went to the gym last night for the first time in forever. Did an hour and 10min on the treadmill at an incline between 5-10%. Feeling the burn in my legs today, but still looking forward to going back tonight!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    craftscout wrote: »
    New proudness that happened after I posted this^.
    I decided that I would go ahead and walk with my kids. I need to prove to myself that I'm not going to come in last again. Tonight I decided to talk a walk. A 1 mile walk. Going as fast as I felt comfortable with. Timing myself (yay, Fitbit Surge).

18 minutes.

I did a mile in 18 minutes! Now, this is nothing to people who can run and people who aren't 279 pounds. My husband usually can finish a 5K in under 30 minutes (3.1 miles).
    I totally get this. I'm around 18-20min/mile when I walk, and the longet I've gone is 2.25 miles. I'm planning to sign up for a blacklight foam run/walk with a friend of mine in September in Chicago (which is a heck of a drive, or a flight from NC, it's a goal thing), she runs as slow as a herd of turtles through peanut butter, so I'm hoping to be up to that pace by then. Sometimes I get jealous of when I walk and see the people running, but I'm just now squeaking into twohundredland, so I know it can only get better for us the more we lose.
  • zilannoj
    Options
    Mini goal: I am happy that I took three walks today. Usually I can only fit in my walk to work, but I took a long walk at lunch and a co-worker invited me to walk with her during a break.
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I thought a couple times about trying C25K, but I'm afraid of injuring my knees or ankles. I plan to ask the doctor what she thinks the next time I go. I'm jealous of the 18 minute mile. I usually come in around 25. But I have dogs so we have to stop once in a while to ... what dogs do outside. So it brings up my average. At least that's my excuse.
    Mini-goal: I received a volunteer award from my Girl Scout council for going above and beyond. It's nice to be recognized.
  • craftscout
    Options
    Oh, trust me, that 18 minute mile was NOT with the dog! She's usually pretty quick, but she does slow me down to a 20 minute mile. ;)

Congrats on the volunteer award! I'm sure you worked hard to earn it. I found out recently that my staff partner was starting the paperwork for me to get one this year, and then I got a staff position - which means that I can't be recognized for the work I have done as a volunteer anymore. Not that I'm bitter about this or anything.

:(

Mini goal: went out for lunch, and am still under 1500 for the day. Sushi. I know some of you hate fish, but it is soooooo low in fat and soooooo high in protein for the amount of calories! But I think I might have an addiction to spicy salmon rolls. . . ;)
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is having a great week so far. HLaR79, so glad you're responding positively to the medication change; sometimes our bodies just need a little help to work efficiently. Congrats on getting an award shballa! Sorry craftscout, I'm firmly in the Eww fish camp; I do plan at least two meals a week with seafood of some kind but it's never going to be something I like. Now fresh fruits and vegetables are something I crave. This week it has been spinach--in my protein shakes, added to my salads I order at school, steamed with my spanish steak and peppers, on my sandwiches and in my omelets. And a french carrot salad that is so good for snacks with a cheese stick or almonds.

Reading over the posts, I am inspired to expect more from myself than I have been striving for. I was walking 6 miles a day last summer; now, I am averaging 2 miles a day. I know I can do it but I'm not so I dug through old journal entries and I came across a challenge from a Curves coach to do one thing everyday to remove a barrier to reaching my goals so I did just that; I packed my healthy snacks and lunch the night before, filled 3 water bottles and put them in the fridge, put my workout clothes on my nightstand next to the alarm clock, and set my Jawbone Up band to remind me to leave work in time to get a walk in before supper. And it worked of course. Tomorrow, I will move my Curves workout bag from the trunk to my passenger seat in my car so it is right there to remind me to stop on my way home from work. I'm considering this my mini goal for the week!

So goals I am working on this week are:
    1) Journaling daily
    2) logging onto Curves site and watching daily video
    3) drinking water regularly over the whole day (I've been drinking 8 - 10 glasses but in morning/at night not during the day)
    4) 30 minutes a day outside walking, gardening, shooting hoops with students, etc.
    5) Physical therapy exercises daily
    6) Following Leslie Sansone's plan to increase steps so I am at 10,000 in 30 days (found the article on fitnessmagazine.com)

• craftscout
    Options
    WHEEEEE!!! Going out for sushi didn't derail me!!! Lost a pound this morning!!

Hope everyone's day starts as excitedly as mine!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    shballa wrote: »
    I thought a couple times about trying C25K, but I'm afraid of injuring my knees or ankles. I plan to ask the doctor what she thinks the next time I go. I'm jealous of the 18 minute mile. I usually come in around 25. But I have dogs so we have to stop once in a while to ... what dogs do outside. So it brings up my average. At least that's my excuse.
    Mini-goal: I received a volunteer award from my Girl Scout council for going above and beyond. It's nice to be recognized.
    Take it slow, and listen to you dr and your body. :smile: And congratulations on your award!