What types of fitness are you doing?

Options
Graceious1
Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
Just out of interest I would like to know what types of workouts my fellow 40 somethings are up to. I am currently training to become a black belt in Taekwondo so my training regime has increased. I do:
Taekwondo twice a week (90 mins)
Jog once a week (30 mins)
Strong Lifts 3 times a week

So what do you do and what, if anything are you preparing yourself for?
:)

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Run a few times a week
    Lift a few times a week
    Walk a lot because 2 dogs - one high energy
    Hiking hilly rocky trails for 6+ miles 2 or 3 times monthly.
    A lot of days I do 30 minutes on stationary bike

Eta: I'm exercising so I look good as/when the weight comes off. I used to be very strong and fit and want that back.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Run 2x a week
    Jillian Michael's Body Revolution
    Walk my furkid almost every day 30-45 mins each time
  • thadden674
    thadden674 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I walk for about 45 minutes 2 times a week with a walking group, recently joined the gym and aiming for 4 classes a week, I like the strength training classes, kickboxing, and going to try Zumba soon.
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    I run three times a week (that will increase at the end of May as I start half-marathon training schedule), strength train twice a week but would like to increase that to four (if I can start Jamie Eason's LiveFit program) and do a lot of walking.
  • verinicacameron
    verinicacameron Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm running on treadmill 50 mins x5 days a week
    Then squats lunges and weights as well and afternoon runs down by the beach running in the sand . Exercise makes me feel so much better
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I'm doing DVDs and Youtube videos in my living room. I'm thinking of starting one of the lifting programs, but due to a super-loose shoulder I worry about using a barbell for squats and stuff, so I'm trying to see if I can figure out which would best translate to using dumbbells.
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I count my walk from my car to office and back (I try to walk fast and carry a heavy backpack). I walk on a treadmill (may try a few other machines in the gym eventually) up to 4mph (avg 3.4 for 30 min). I do arm exercises and lunges with 2lb weights and I just got the TV set up to do Tai Chi here in the office. All that was during a work day. If I'm at home, I can do some yoga/pilates with some resistance bands, or do the arm/lunges with 3lb weights. I also count yard work or other such activities. Tonight I have to plant some seedlings and maybe rake leaves.
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Walking using a Fitbit, my elliptical, hand weights, and I've also added the Mutu system for my abs
  • Graceious1
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am loving what I am seeing. Like you, @sofaking6, I am resting the heavy lifting because my shoulder isn't right. I have found that I am more active in my 40s, what about the rest of you?
  • Oakstaff777
    Oakstaff777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mixing hour long walks with alternate days of youtube tae bo workouts, seems to work.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Indoor bootcamp style classes, stair/hill workout once a week although that is changing to a track workout this weekend and weights on my own. I have always been active. I was a big fan of step aerobics when it first came up. Jazzercise and cycle classes followed. Got hooked on hot pilates and kettlebell classes for a while. Obviously I'm a fan of group activity. Lol. I am in the best physical condition then I have ever been before.
  • Graceious1
    Options
    Me too @VegasFit