Vitamins??? Do they make you sick or not?

Options
mthacker75
mthacker75 Posts: 1 Member
Hello I am 12 Weeks post op with a VSG and I cannot stomach bariatric vitamins, they make me throw up. Does anyone else have the same issue or has anyone found a brand that doesn't? I have tried Celebrate capsules and another type of chewable (can't remember the name). Please Help???

Replies

• KSMussey
    KSMussey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try Thorne Research - Basic Nutrients 2DAY - 60 Vegetarian Capsules. Only 2 capsules per day and the nutrients are in the easiest to absorb form for your body.
    http://www.amazon.com/Thorne-Research-Nutrients-Vegetarian-Capsules/dp/B00FOTMGTU/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 months out and I can finally tolerate the vitamins. I never had to throw up but I felt miserable after taking the vitamins for 20 - 30 minutes. Taking the vitamins was the worst part of my day.
  • lioykavsg
    lioykavsg Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 Weeks out and I can't tolerate them at all. I happened to see in the Celebrate Pamphlet. There is a protein Powder that includes the multivitamin and Calcium. It is called Celebrate ENS + Protein. You can get samples to try at http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-powders/protein-powder-samples-1-serving.html?_vsrefdom=google1&gclid=CL3LgvSn-MQCFUMV7AodumAACA For $1.95/each I add the protein powder to my coffee for a Latte like drink in the morning. Done. Soo much easier for me, than trying to get all those massive chewables down.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    At the advice of my NUT, I use Flinstones Complete chewable vitamins. I take them after morning breakfast because they have iron in them so I don't want to take them on an empty stomach.
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    At the advice of my NUT, I use Flinstones Complete chewable vitamins. I take them after morning breakfast because they have iron in them so I don't want to take them on an empty stomach.

I got the same advice, except I take the "equate" chewable. they're the same as Flintstones, just a little less expensive, since they're the generic from Wal-Mart.
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I use Bariatric Advantage Ultra Multi Vitamins with Iron. They're capsules and I take three a day. Then I also do three Calcium chews. This has worked much better for me than the chewables, which I despise.
  • jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Why didn't I read this post before I bought the huge bottle of Celebrate vitamins??????
  • bookerlr
    bookerlr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use Optisource and they have never given me a problem. I'm 2-1/2 months post op
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I've used Bariatric Fusion chewable multivitamins since my surgery and haven't had any trouble. They come in several different flavors and it's like chewing a sweettart-like candy. The bonus is the only thing I have to take in addition to it is B12 - it even has all the calcium citrate I need.