Feeling lethargic and weak

Options
jerryellis63012
jerryellis63012 Posts: 105 Member
I felt great when I started lchf but a couple weeks ago I started feeling really lethargic and like my muscles were just really weak, so I started adding more carbs back in ( I was doing zero carb ) by adding green veggies but still feel just as bad. I take Mg and drink broth and today started using lo salt potassium chloride, but still feel very weak, any ideas what might be going on?

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If it's not electrolytes, it might be hypoglycemia. Still measuring your blood sugar?

Perhaps low blood pressure?

Do you have any known kidney issues?
  • jerryellis63012
    jerryellis63012 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    If it's not electrolytes, it might be hypoglycemia. Still measuring your blood sugar?

Perhaps low blood pressure?

Do you have any known kidney issues?

I actually have not been checking my blood sugar lately just assumed it was ok since I'm not eating carbs but maybe low, I'll check when I get home...that and my blood pressure.

No known kidney issues
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I have this intermittently, and I usually discover that it is a combination of not enough protein (despite being sedentary, I need to eat a higher level of protein to maintain), not enough fats (oh poor starved muscles), and electrolytes. Consider going back to how you did your "induction" phase (or if you didn't manage it well, steal tips and advice from others here), as for me, that so crazy weak feeling was part of adaption...got worse before better, but now feel better than normal again.