What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• EarthAmber
    EarthAmber Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with time, so I pack my Blender Bottle with a protein shake and unsweetend cashew milk every night. I use this one: http://www.gardenoflife.com/Products-for-Life/Organic-Plant-Protein.aspx purely because of allergies and preference. It has 2 net carbs with the milk.

It's fast, I pack up a scoop in the storage cup and portion the milk, and it has a space for supplements, which I love. I swear I don't sell these bottles, but the Blender Bottle is awesome and has made breakfast so easy.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'll have to check that out! I tried the Atkins shake and it was okay, but definitely not filling enough. Kind of a waste of calories.
  • SazzySuze
    SazzySuze Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    For on the go? If you need sodium, I'm sure bacon could do that for you. Pre-cook the bacon and take it in baggies with string cheese perhaps.
  • pkroyle
    pkroyle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I usually have a boiled egg, turkey sausage and 1/2 an avacado. I don't eat until i get to work as well, but I have my bulletproof coffee on my drive. I didn't have any eggs this morning, so I had roasted chicken meat with olive oil & balsamic and 1/2 an avacado...all cold. :smile: Bacon is also delish cold!
  • winninglosing43
    winninglosing43 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ever considered fasting until 11am and skipping breakfast except for bulletproof coffee? Pack a larger lunch and it should be ok. Ive fasted until 1 or 2 when I have cheated the night before... with just bulletproof coffee and a bullion cube broth.... look up intermittent fasting. There are lots of health benefits. Im still tweaking with it myself... my problem is im starving at 6am do I barely eat dinner.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    left overs, celery with peanut butter, salad, broccoli dipped in ranch dressing, cheese, summer sausage

Summer sausage is stupid high on carbs per quantity allowed...just saying.

Bacon is awesome at any temperature.

And I finish eating before 10 pm each night, have BPT (not a coffee person) each morning, usually at 7-8 am - I make it a water bottle at my desk, and as long as I get water and a dash of salt throughout the morning, I'm rarely hungry before noon. My current recipe (being modified) is 4-6 TBSP of heavy whipping cream, 1-2 TBSP coconut oil, sweetener if I want it. I'm playing around with the Primal Egg (Coffee) Tea recipe. I'm going to add my all of my coconut oil and half of my heavy cream tomorrow when I make it. Was pretty darned good today - and was easily shaken in my water bottle using my "traditional shaken" BPT.... Definitely emulsified better than standard BPT.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    You know Knit, I was thinking about you this am. I tried your shaken method today at work for my BPC, since I'm trying to cut down on the cream and cheese this week. I brought a glass jar with a metal lid to work, my MCT oil and pre-weighed butter cubes. I made fresh coffee at work, then tried shaking it all together, and found that the method produced a lot of foam on the top, but did not emulsify as well as my immersion blender at home sadly, and I had a small oil slick at the top of my cup. But it is still a good solution for making BPC at work. It probably works better with the HWC. I had my coffee later than usual this am, and was fine until supper, no need for lunch or my sometimes macadamia nut snack. Thanks for the idea.
  • annalisbeth74
    Options
    I'm actually thinking now about transitioning more to a fasting-morning, and a bigger lunch and dinner. It may take a while to get my body adjusted, but after weighing all the options it seems to make the most sense with my schedule and when I'm the hungriest. I've read Eat Stop Eat, so I know a little about the benefits of intermittent fasting. I should probably reread it though, and refresh my memory.

Knitormiss- how do you get your dash of salt in the morning? (Well, anyone reading, really. I'm curious). And I've never heard of primal egg coffee/tea. I'll have to Google that one.
  • annalisbeth74
    Options
    Okay, I just googled the primal egg coffee. I'll definitely have to try that.
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-egg-coffee/#axzz3ZDEh9Aq5

I'm a big fan of this guy and have learned so much from his site. I tried various combos, but don't want to waste the egg whites, so will put one whole raw egg into one large cup of coffee. I tried the sweeteners and flavour additions, but find I just like butter, MCT oil and egg in mine, and no other flavours. I love BPC plain, so adding the egg doesn't change it that much, and gives me a bit of protein when I don't have time to cook the eggs, or when I want to eat lightly.

So cool that you're getting more comfortable with going for longer periods of time without eating. I think I was afraid at frost just because CW tells us to eat at certain times.....and I'm feeling like a rebel and actually listening to my body....and it feels so good to be in such control. I love IF. Good luck !

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-intermittent-fasting/#axzz3ZDG57d2D
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My BPC between 6 & 7 am, 2 scrambled eggs at 9 am. I have also done full fat greek yogurt with added cream, berries and sliced almonds. Been using "lite" salt on my eggs, which has potassium.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    You know Knit, I was thinking about you this am. I tried your shaken method today at work for my BPC, since I'm trying to cut down on the cream and cheese this week. I brought a glass jar with a metal lid to work, my MCT oil and pre-weighed butter cubes. I made fresh coffee at work, then tried shaking it all together, and found that the method produced a lot of foam on the top, but did not emulsify as well as my immersion blender at home sadly, and I had a small oil slick at the top of my cup. But it is still a good solution for making BPC at work. It probably works better with the HWC. I had my coffee later than usual this am, and was fine until supper, no need for lunch or my sometimes macadamia nut snack. Thanks for the idea.

I don't know how the pressure would work in the glass jar, but I drink a lot of bottled water because ground water in my town isn't safe to drink from the tap... So I do a once and done in a plastic water bottle. And because of that, I get a good arm workout in each day. I also do my hot add in in layers, so I do at first just enough to melt anything solid....then I do about half of my remaining tea, shake it for all I'm worth, and then again, with the rest. Doing it this way helps my coconut oil really emulsify. If my liquid isn't hot enough or it cools down too much while drinking, I'll get the little beads on top, but as long as I don't pay much attention, I don't notice it.

I will say that doing the egg in there makes the coconut oil emulsify COMPLETELY. Even cooled to almost room temp before I reheated it with more hot water, it did not separate back out. @Kitnthecat I'm sorry yours didn't work as well as you'd like. I've been doing this over a month now, so I've kind of gotten the routine down...
    Knitormiss- how do you get your dash of salt in the morning? (Well, anyone reading, really. I'm curious). And I've never heard of primal egg coffee/tea. I'll have to Google that one.

@annalisbeth74 Sometimes I literally do a dash of salt in my palm. Other times I salt my water a little (makes it more alkaline, but I really don't like the taste difference. Many times, I do a cup of broth mid-morning. Sometimes I eat some pepperoni and cheese. It really depends on the day. I keep forgetting to add the dash of salt to my egg tea...I bet that'd do it!
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    3 scrambled eggs with ham, cheddar cheese and cream cheese. A cup of coffee with a tablespoon of heavy cream.
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

I will say that doing the egg in there makes the coconut oil emulsify COMPLETELY. Even cooled to almost room temp before I reheated it with more hot water, it did not separate back out. @Kitnthecat I'm sorry yours didn't work as well as you'd like. I've been doing this over a month now, so I've kind of gotten the routine down...

LOL ! They already think I'm a nut at work, just wait til I start bringing raw eggs to work to put in my coffee. That's something I just do at home....but might be worth a try. Or if I decide I'd like to keep up with BPC at work, I might consider getting a cheap blender of some sort just for work. There's a little kitchenette down the hall, shouldn't be too hard to do.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I've been liking my pumpkin muffin in a minute. I know not everyone watches calories, but I'm trying to keep an eye on them. These are lighter in calories than the egg bake I mentioned above, but really does keep me full for quite some time.