Introduce yourselves!

Options

Replies

• fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Courtney, I'm 22, living in North Carolina, married to the love of my life, and we have one fur baby (a 7 month old cocker spaniel named Barney). I work for a company called Bankers Life, we work with retirement investment and insurance.

College did a number on my eating habits and after graduating in August I am at my highest weight right now...I was when I started dating my husband, lost 15-20 lbs before our wedding, and then gained it all back with honeymoon weight and the stress of the job hunt and moving to a new place (he is a Marine so we had to move half way across the country).

Everything in my life is lining up perfectly and I am determined to make 2015 my best year yet and get to my goal weight. I want a healthy future for me and my family...and of course be the hot wife that my husband deserves. I am so excited to do this with you all!
  • jittythekitty
    jittythekitty Posts: 62 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey, my name is Kristen I'm a 23 year old stay at home mom and college student. I have one son, he is a year old. I am currently living in Charlotte, NC. I am 5'8", almost 5'9" it really depends on who measures. My goal isn't necessarily to be "skinny" however I consider that a bonus to be slimmer, by my goal is to get my weight down to a healthy weight.

SW 299
    CW 292
    GW 160
    Height 5'8"-5'9"
  • TJH77
    TJH77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Tyson, I'm 27 6ft 200lbs(90kilo). I love the gym and being active. I am always aoutside enjoying sports. I love European sports in all forms. I'm looking for friends who love to laugh and have fun. I'm a big beach bum at heart
  • lemony57
    lemony57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've tried MFP for several years, recorded my activities and food, but have not been successful. I've kept private, but this time I thought I should reach out into the community. Surely there must be women my age wanting to be active and healthy through post menopausal life. I'm might need a buddy to share goals with, or someone who I might mentor.
  • johnetta_wood
    johnetta_wood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Im JoJo. 34 years old with 3 children (15,6, and 2). I am a teacher for special needs children. Although they keep me up and moving it has been a struggle to get these pounds off. So far i have lost 17 lbs but i just need some motivation. A partner/twin would be awesome.

Height:5'6in
    SW:210lbs
    CW:193lbs
    GW:170-175lbs
  • ellag5
    ellag5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i'm Helen im 25 and im from Greece. I'm a student. Appart from loosing weight my goals are to exercise more and improve my diet. I want to fill healthy again (i used to be in a track team as a student in high school). I deffinately need someone to help me stay modivated!!!

Current Weight 180
    Goal Weight 140
    Height 5'5''
  • 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    mickipedia wrote: »
    So here is where you tell us a little about yourselves.. what do you do for a living, what made you decide to change your life, who/what is your inspiration. that sort of thing :)

This does not count as your stats by the way as this group is getting too big for me to keep track of all posts, please either message me your info or reply to the "message me your stats" thread.

I am female, 53 years old. I have a condition called chronic idiopathic pancreatitis which means I suffer with persistent pain with acute phases. Because of this disease I gave up on life basically, too long a story to go into here. That being said I decided a few months ago that enough was enough. I am now here losing weight and getting as healthy as I can.
  • forrestehrlicha
    forrestehrlicha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am forrest I live in georgia I'm a new personal Trainer and I'm trying to learn as much as I can in health in fitness I'm proud to say I'm a part of the army national guard and my real motivation to getting fit was for my country so I know I gave it the most I could and not be lacking in any way.
    I'm 5"11
    Current weight 195
    goal weight 190
  • erollie
    erollie Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi, I love eating.

SW: 141 lbs/64 kg (This before my infection causing me to not eat a whole week)
    CW: 125 lbs (After not eating for a week..)
    GW: 110 lbs
    I'm 5'3 and 20.

Now I can eat again, I'm constantly hungry. I really don't want to go back to 141 lbs!
  • bepriddy
    bepriddy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My name is Beth. I am 55y/o, 6ft tall, (still a working nurse) but am more sedentary with charting-I work in homes currently. Lots of charting @ night so weight has crept up since menopause. #178.9 today, so rejoined the site, plus paid for the premium version so I could try carb cycling. Think it may help as I have tracked for years. #25 lifetime Weight Watchers member after I gained between my girls-who are now in their late 30's. I see my 6'6" son's weight creeping up too-he just finished his first year of college. He is not fat/obese, but is becoming overweight & is trying to slim down again also. Need to figure out how to manage abdominal weight, as I didn't have it when I was younger, & I can't stand not fitting into my clothes! I love the outdoors, hiking, walking, also do an elliptical @ home, Pilates, have exercise equipment, but it is time & motivation I am lacking. I like to hula hoop while I watch TV, so that helps me not snack in the evenings. Bought a water-filled $5 hoop @ Walmart, so it has some weight to it.
  • Phwammy
    Phwammy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Pam, from Seattle. I'm 58, married, have 3 children (30 and 29 yr old daughters and 20 yr old son). I lost 68 lbs with WW in 2000 and was employed by WW for nearly 10 years. A chronic esophagus thing and subsequent weight gain had me changing jobs, as I'm now back where I started weight wise. I now work as a patient care coordinator who sidelines as a credentialer. I sing a cappella, compete with my choruses, and have competed in a couple different quartets. Before kids I taught aerobic dance (pre-zumba) and love exercising in a group to music with others, but I have a hard time exercising alone at home. I've discovered yoga and enjoy a slower pace as I work to better my balance. I have a wardrobe of great clothing packed away I'd love to be wearing (that sounds so superficial!). Mostly, I'd like to simply BE healthy, and get that way by eating real food - not chemicals, supplements or overly processed, fake food. I'm sure that means I need to get up and get moving -- challenging to do juggling three-four 10+ hour work days, helping my aging parents 45 min drive away, sharing responsibilities for my own home and family in balance with the hobbies we love. I'm 5'6" and started this at 212, and while I'd love to be 150 and a size 8 again, I would definitely settle for my 2nd half century to be healthy, active, and sane.
  • emilyncarper789
    emilyncarper789 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Emily and I live in Denver, CO. I am a senior at college at CCU. I have a hard time staying motivated.
    Here are my stats:
    Height: 5.5'
    Start weight: 190
    Weight:180 lbs.
    Goal weight: 115
  • lisa0506
    lisa0506 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My name is Lisa I am a mother of 2 (18 and 12) I am 50 years old my SW 249 CW 226 GW short term 199 and long term 160. I live in Ohio
  • escrawl
    escrawl Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My name is Erica. I live in Texas and work as an editor for different industries. I work full-time for one publishing company and I freelance at other places at the same time. I am also child-free, a gamer, and a writer. I have a great family and an amazing relationship.

Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 230 lb (heaviest I've ever been)
    Current weight: 224.2 lb
    Goal weight: 150 lb
  • jayceed7725
    jayceed7725 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to have a pair and can't wait. I am Jaycee and I am 21 years old. I am the highest weight that I have ever been and it is depressing. I want to eventually become a teacher for deaf students. I am excited to start this and keep it going and loose some serious weight.
    My stats:
    Weight: 260
    Height: 5 ft 5 in
    Goal Weight:150
  • MiMood1
    MiMood1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :) I'm relatively new, and stumbled on this group. Not sure if it is still active or exactly how this works, but think it is neat to actually have a "twin" or nearly twin for support. I am 51 ( and that is hard to believe, because in my mind I am 32 and seem to like staying there), I am married with grown married children and grandchildren. I also still have a 15 yr old daughter at home. I need to lose weight badly, but more importantly need to get healthy as I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia of 4 years of changes that I do NOT like!! I have been researching in my desperate attempt not to settle for this and be as active on my part as I can possibly be. Hoping to learn how to eat healthier and as a sweet by product, lose some weight. Also hoping to get well enough to get physically active with my family again!! Anyway, I sure hope this group is still active as it looks like a great place I need to be!
  • Megs_Getsfit
    Megs_Getsfit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody! This is a great idea and I can't wait to be paired with someone, its all about motivating and building one another up!!
    I'm Megs and am 30 years old, I'm the admissions coordinator for a college and loove being active as much as possible when I can find the time! I'm a great motivator but lack the motivation for myself sometimes.

Height 5'2
    Starting weight 180
    Current weight 173
    Short term goal 150
    Long term goal 125

Match me up! :p
  • CorrineChase
    CorrineChase Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My name is Corrine Chase. I am 32. I weigh 224 pounds and I am 5 ft 4 in. I live in Skowhegan Maine. I want to get down to 145 pounds.
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Aloha, I am a tad taller than 5'0" and a tad less than 110 lbs. This past year I lost 50 lbs. Now I want to strength train and need support to get going on this. Looking for a twinsie not necessarily identical, but who sees something in common with me with goals. I am a retired school psych, 63, married, 6 sons, 2 granddaughters and I do love to travel. At home I love cooking from scratch, grilling, crocking, finding new kitchen gadgets to use to make it more fun. I read not just cookbooks which are like novels to me, but historical fiction. I love the show Reign and glad it started its new season - can't wait for Vikings next year :) I am highly motivated to get fit with muscle building and walk at least 30 min for cardio. I am building muscle endurance and need to build strength now with weights. ANy suggestions would be much appreciated :)
  • mommymorse30
    mommymorse30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 31 years old and I am happily married with 2 daughters. I am in need of friends, I need to find someone who understands my struggle. I signed up in here about a month ago and bought a fitbit. I want to be healthy and fit agin for myself, my husband, and my daughters

Start weight : 282
    Current weight: 277
    Goal weight: 160
    Height: 5'5"