vegetti

Options
sznsido
sznsido Posts: 136 Member
OK friends, I ordered a vegetti from eBay. I listened to a bunch of you and got the lunch crock and I love it. Now I see some of you saying you use a vegetti. What exactly do I do with it??? Can you guys throw me some ideas/recipes? Thanks!

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Suzanne - I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my Vegetti! I use it at least daily. It is like a giant pencil sharpener for vegetables. I mostly use it for zucchini, but any semifirm-to-firm cylindrical veggie will do. You "sharpen" your zucchini, and out comes long "noodles." I spray my frying pan w olive oil Pam, then stir fry my noodles. Sometimes I add garlic and/or pepper. (I'm not super creative.) Honestly, I woke at 2:30 this morning feeling hungry...and that's what I had garlic zucchini noodles! My kid and my houseguest have both been curious about my passion for zucchini noodles, and both love it too. So, our household now goes through at least 10 zucchini per week (plus a bunch of other veggies too). Hope you enjoy! ~Val
  • SueBready
    SueBready Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Zucchini tastes just like spaghetti! And I've had it plain like Val said. I haven't tried carrots, beets, etc but you can get entire cookbooks dedicated to spiraling veggies! Who would have thought?? Love my little Vegetti!
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of a Vegetti so I googled it. Sounds very intriguing!! I think I might have to invest in one of these gadgets. Thanks for posting!
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Alright, so you have my interest too. Looking on Amazon, I see the Vegetti and about 10 other competitors for what looks like basically the same product. Have you all stuck with the 'original' vegetti?
  • BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Like others, I use it mostly for zucchini and sometimes pour my NS entree over it after I've sauteed it and sometimes just sautee it with garlic and onions and eat it as a side. I love zucchini, so a new way to have it is great for me.

I also love to spiral a cucumber and add some onion and vinegar and a tiny bit of Stevia and stick in the fridge to let the vinegar really flavor it. It states like a sunomono salad. So good! :)
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Alright, so you have my interest too. Looking on Amazon, I see the Vegetti and about 10 other competitors for what looks like basically the same product. Have you all stuck with the 'original' vegetti?

I actually bought the Zoodle (same thing as Vegetti), but it was cheaper the day I went on Amazon. I think they are equivalent.
  • PeggyS925
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Soooo - I ordered one of these contraptions this evening. Anxious to get it and try it out. I've been reading some really different recipes for using this little gadget. I think my first attempt will be the sweet potato noodles cooked on a waffle iron. Looks very easy and an excellent way to get those servings of veggies. I've tried to post picture but guess I'm not savvy enough! LOL
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    ok, I picked one up today - I may have to play later this weekend.
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have one too, love it. good for side dishes, added to salad, and a nice sub for pasta for me when my boyfriend wants spaghetti (for my 'on my own' dinner).
  • PeggyS925
    Options
    Just used mine for the first time. I used 1 zucchini, 1 sweet potato, tossed with EVOO and garlic sea salt and baked for 20 minutes. Put my rotini & meatballs over. Pretty darn tastes! Next time I will add red bell peppers and onions. And - it's very pretty!!hu7pldd0g9u1.jpg
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Oh, my. That is gorgeous, Peggy.

I don't have one of these things.

So, you all think the Vegetti is the one to get?
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    Just used mine for the first time. I used 1 zucchini, 1 sweet potato, tossed with EVOO and garlic sea salt and baked for 20 minutes. Put my rotini & meatballs over. Pretty darn tastes! Next time I will add red bell peppers and onions. And - it's very pretty!!hu7pldd0g9u1.jpg
    that looks amazing.
  • PeggyS925
    Options
    Oh, my. That is gorgeous, Peggy.

I don't have one of these things.

The one I got was a iPerfect Kitchen Envy Sprial Slicer. I really think they all do the same thing. The only reason I ordered this one because it came with a brush for cleaning the blades. But I think that is probably the ONLY difference.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Peggy.

• BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Peggy, that looks great!

I haven't used any other than that one, but I think a spiraler is a spiraler. :)

• SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sauteed onion and garlic, then portable mushrooms (sauteed in butter flavor Pam), added zucchini. Topped with a sprinkle of parm and some fresh basil (from my garden). Would have added tomatoes if they were ripe..
    x8z9f1pcbiry.jpg
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Sillyrabbit, I believe you should be my chef :) That looks wonderful too!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    All right! Youve all twisted my arm......im getting one asap....fir me AND my daughter.....my grandsons will live vag fone like spaghetti!!!!!
  • hope4change_val
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Walmart now sells the Vegetti Pro. I have the small basic model. The Pro looks a little rickety with potential for breaking...plus, requires more counter space. But...It would allow for larger veggies, and maybe the crank handle might be easier for people with dexterity challenges.