Baking with Swerve

Options
KetoCutie
KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
Does anyone bake with Swerve? My daughters birthday is today and she requested a lemon blueberry cake of some sort- and I really would like to bake something that I can have a small piece of! Most recipes call for a sweetener called Swerve- but I am always so leery of sugar subs. What do I need to know?

Replies

• KetoCutie
    Options
    Here's the recipe: http://theprimitivepalate.com/2015/01/30/italian-lemon-ricotta-cake/

I would modify by adding blueberries and maybe taking off the almonds for the sake of the carb count. Thoughts?
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious! Swerve is a safe alternative to sugar. It is aspartame and Splenda you want to be leery of.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    That does look delicious! I use swerve. It can re-crystalize, so thats something to be aware of...and it has a cooling effect on the tongue sometimes. I used it in some pork rind chocolate bars I made...delicious!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    nill4me wrote: »
    That does look delicious! I use swerve. It can re-crystalize, so thats something to be aware of...and it has a cooling effect on the tongue sometimes. I used it in some pork rind chocolate bars I made...delicious!

Please explain this - pork rind chocolate bars... Inquiring minds want to know!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

Please explain this - pork rind chocolate bars... Inquiring minds want to know!

I second this!
  • KetoCutie
    Options

Whaaaaaat??!! Recipe please. :)
  • KetoCutie
    Options
    SOOZIE429 wrote: »
    That looks delicious! Swerve is a safe alternative to sugar. It is aspartame and Splenda you want to be leery of.

Thank you! I'm going to give it a try! :)