BED treatment?

Options
really_leah
really_leah Posts: 7
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
I am starting outpatient treatment for binge eating disorder tomorrow. Anyone else in this group suffer with an ED? I was treated for EDNOS a decade ago, and was at the skinny end of the spectrum back then; now I'm my past self's worst nightmare.

Luckily, I've grown a lot since I was 20, and I realize that though I'm obese now, I'm not ugly or worthless. I just have a rotten relationship with food and emotions.

Replies

• fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    It is good that your mind set is in the right place. It will make your treatment so much more effective. I have not been dignoised with an eating disorder, but I know I have one. Binge eating to deal with emotions. I did go to aggressive counseling several ago to grieve and get past a childhood trauma. I binged to cover the pain and denial for all of my adult life. But it took me until now to really embrace my healing and realize it was going to take a lot of hard work to get over so many bad habits!! The shame is gone, but the fat is not. My greatest source of encouragement is Jesus, My Lord and Savior! He takes away every bad habit and emotion I AM WILLING to let go of. It is hard, but there is also a great amount of peace. I pray your treatment will go smoothly and you will be able to fight and WIN your battles with food!!!
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Let me know how you do. I'm not officially diagnosed as having binge eating disorder, it fits my symptoms to a "T". I've struggled with my weight my entire life. I was 335+ lbs, got down to 159 lbs (in 4 years) and in 8 years, back up to 213 lbs. It's a constant struggle between wanting to not eat anything to eating everything I can get my hands on. Good luck!
  • djhnd
    djhnd Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Hope you have success. I think a lot of us in this group are on an eating disorder spectrum, maybe not diagnosable but still disordered eating.