Check In! - Cinco de Mayo through Monday May 11th

AmeeSandhu
AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
I'm going to blame it on Monday for forgetting them on the check in threads.

While I've been a bit absent, I have been working out. Yesterday, I actually did my body revolution AND a run walk before leaving for work. I got behind in the BR workouts and should be starting week 3, but rather than start over, I'm modifying and won't have to cram in a bunch of workouts that I was trying to do.

Going to check the other threads and see how you are all doing!

Replies

• AmeeSandhu
    Bumping this back up to the top so we'll see it better. Is everyone getting some great weather where they live? I think it's great for encouraging more activity!
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Ug, I cant get in the habit of checking in here. I need to do better! I have been working out, just not telling y'all.

Today I did Body Revolution workout 3 and 10 minute 30 day Butt Lift workout. I am going to do Firm Upper Body Sculpt (weights) and walk this evening. I am tying to work off 900+calories a day. Hawaii in 4 weeks!!!!!

How is everyone doing on their eating. I havent been following Jillians meal plan. I need to look at it again, but cant do 1200 calories with extra workouts. Ive been eating about 1400 and not having a lot of carbs other than fruit and Greek yogurt. I will add brown rice or a sweet potato if I feel myself getting tired. So far I am ok. I work on getting a lot of protein so I can build and keep muscle.

Amee- great job with BR and your run. I am doing the Couch 25K.
  • hollyelise68
    Oh, I lost 2 lbs last week. Hoping for more, but I will take it.
  • Topaz4321
    Topaz4321 Posts: 9 Member
    HI... although I haven't been checking in, I've been really good! I've been working out every morning and I walk (up a mountain) on my lunch hours. Yesterday, I also took a walk after dinner with my daughter. I've been extremely active and very careful about what I am eating. I have not binged for over a week now!!

Holly - great job on losing 2 pounds!!

Amee - I've restarted the BR so many times I've lost count... I should probably be on 3 as well but I restarted 1&2 this week and am going to 3&4 next week instead.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Hi all! Glad to hear that everyone is still doing well. My eating was seriously derailed while I was out of town (we had amazing amounts of food from friends and relatives), but I did go for two runs while I was there. Also got in a riding lesson yesterday, which felt amazing. Was feeling down and thought about canceling; so glad I didn't. Completely overslept this am, so going to try for a run on the treadmill tonight after the kids are in bed. If it happens, great, if not, will try again for tomorrow. Also plan on a walk at lunch today to clear my head and get some fresh air.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Way to go folks!

I did Chalean Extreme today. Week 2! That workout is tough and fun. I'm not looking forward to Friday's... that one was a killer last week.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Hi hi! On my phone so I'll make this short and sweet until later. No workout this morning in lieu of sleep. I took my husband to the emergency walk in due to him opening the car door into his face, really hard. He's fine other than a black and very sore eye And some cuts. I took care of him and then my 18 year old got sick from a rockstar drink. Like super sick. She won't be drinking those anymore, thank goodness!

Not short - so sorry. Lol
  • AmeeSandhu wrote: »
    Hi hi! On my phone so I'll make this short and sweet until later. No workout this morning in lieu of sleep. I took my husband to the emergency walk in due to him opening the car door into his face, really hard. He's fine other than a black and very sore eye And some cuts. I took care of him and then my 18 year old got sick from a rockstar drink. Like super sick. She won't be drinking those anymore, thank goodness!

Not short - so sorry. Lol
    Glad they're both O.K. !!!

• No exercise in the morning, but 2 hour walk in the afternoon.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Keep up the morning workouts people, yay!

I'm out of town on a business trip so my schedule is a bit out of my hands. I planned ahead though so no workouts ate getting missed.

Ty Bill, yes they are both ok. Just makes me thankful again how great orurhealth is! And why it's important to keep exercising! !
  • Topaz4321
    Topaz4321 Posts: 9 Member
    I didn't work out in the morning yesterday but I did walk the mountain at lunch and an intense zumba class last night.
    This morning, I did Jillian's BR disc 1 again... push ups are getting easier. Planning on walking the mountain again at lunch today.
  • bookworm_847
    Chalean Extreme Burn Intervals today. I was supposed to do the ab workout after, but I just did not have enough gas in the tank. I'll work it in after tomorrow or Saturday's workout hopefully.
  • hollyelise68
    Today I have done 30 Day Butt Lift and workout 4 of Body Revolution.

• 1 hour Pilates in the morning, 2 hour walk this afternoon.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Happy Friday! I ran 3.5 miles yesterday and plan to go horseback riding today (if work cooperates). If not, I will go for a walk. Also planning for a walk at lunch--I have been having a hard time making lunchtime walks a habit, so that might be my goal for May.
  • hollyelise68
    Improvingbill -awesome workouts!
    howalawya2003- horseback riding sounds fun!

I have been very inconsistent with my couch 25K running. I have aceraged one run a week for the last two weeks. I finished week 2, which is 1.5 minute intervals, but last ran the middle of last week. This morning I was going ti just to repeat the week 2 workout, but decided to just try the week three, which is 3 minute intervals. Not only did I do it, but my last run I pushed myself and went past my time to run a 4 minute interval. I know runners laugh at that, but I am 60 lbs overweight and out of shape so it is a struggle and mind game to push myself when my body tells me to quit the whole time. I am learning not to listen to my body because I am capable of more than I think. It will be hard, but I can push myself.

I ate eggs and had a protein drink and letting it digest some then have my Body Revolution and 30 day Butt Lift workouts to do.
  • Improvingbill -awesome workouts!
    howalawya2003- horseback riding sounds fun!

I have been very inconsistent with my couch 25K running. I have aceraged one run a week for the last two weeks. I finished week 2, which is 1.5 minute intervals, but last ran the middle of last week. This morning I was going ti just to repeat the week 2 workout, but decided to just try the week three, which is 3 minute intervals. Not only did I do it, but my last run I pushed myself and went past my time to run a 4 minute interval. I know runners laugh at that, but I am 60 lbs overweight and out of shape so it is a struggle and mind game to push myself when my body tells me to quit the whole time. I am learning not to listen to my body because I am capable of more than I think. It will be hard, but I can push myself.

I ate eggs and had a protein drink and letting it digest some then have my Body Revolution and 30 day Butt Lift workouts to do.

Way to hang tough and stretch those perceived limits !!!

• Rest day, just a bit of easy walking.
  • hollyelise68
    The good and the almost bad: we went to supper and arena football game with friends. I am gluten free and we met at Sam and Gregs and i tried their gluten free Polynesian pizza. It was very good. The almost bad: I have wanted to try their gelato and see if it is as good as gelato from Italy. It was good. I got the small cup. I then had a glass of red wine at the game.

The good: we left our car and walked parked near the restaurant and walked 15 minutes to the auditorium. It included going down 4 flights of stairs then we had stairs at the auditorium. I did them as fast as I could. So, going back to the car we had another 15 minute walk and went up the stairs.
  • bookworm_847
    That sounds great-- you may have burned off the gelato with all of your walking ;)

I have been grounded from anything more strenuous than going for a walk today. I'm prone to heat exhaustion and dehydration, and hit a bump in the road when I was working outside yesterday. I called for my husband who brought me my water as he scolded me and told me I was done outside for the day. This morning, he told me that I need to just rest. He's a kind and easy-going man, but I've also learned that when he puts his foot down, there's no point arguing, lol

So, I'll go for a walk today, but Chalean Extreme is not to be.