Daily Check-In (Week 1 May 4th through May 10th)

Options

Replies

• kailadriel
    kailadriel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am on track to hit the gym 4-5 x this week. Woo!

mfp392 wrote: »
    Today was a much better day. 8 glasses of water. My daughter suggested I drink sparkling water because it is filling. I tried it today and it was not bad. I really really miss my food though. It's not so much the type of food. It's the portion sizes. I am soooo hungry but have been close to my calorie count.

Good job on getting that water and sticking to your calories! If you are feeling really hungry, you could try eating more vegetables (it's easy to fill up on a bowl of carrots, and it's relatively low calorie!), and make sure you are getting enough protein and fat into your diet.
    I made it to a total of 13,336 steps yesterday and drank 101.4 oz's of water !!!
    Awesome job! Keep at it!
  • MyLittleOwl
    MyLittleOwl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    so the weight isn't really going anywhere...but I've been trying to make some better choices...having a case of the late night snack attacks this week - girls i know you will get it ;-). I also finally had to cave at my mom's request and make an appointment for the doctor which I'm dreading. She wants me to get tested because I have always had a problem with holding onto water and being very bloated from that (and it's bad the last few weeks), plus my blood pressure is up and that's concerning. :-( So we'll see what happens on Tuesday when I finally get in there. I've been putting it off because I'm afraid they are going to tell me I am in prestages (or already there) for some form of diabetes which my uncle who just passed away had. Something's got to give! In the meantime, I've been really trying to just make sure I'm drinking my water and getting my steps in. And I'm spending a lot of time gardening outside every day (just not remembering to log it except yesterday) and did some walking I also forgot to log. I think I'm just stressed about the doctor...but keep me honest guys! I didn't log my late night stuff yesterday and definitely shooting to make today better!!!!!!

end of pity party...again...lol
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    so the weight isn't really going anywhere...but I've been trying to make some better choices...having a case of the late night snack attacks this week - girls i know you will get it ;-). I also finally had to cave at my mom's request and make an appointment for the doctor which I'm dreading. She wants me to get tested because I have always had a problem with holding onto water and being very bloated from that (and it's bad the last few weeks), plus my blood pressure is up and that's concerning. :-( So we'll see what happens on Tuesday when I finally get in there. I've been putting it off because I'm afraid they are going to tell me I am in prestages (or already there) for some form of diabetes which my uncle who just passed away had. Something's got to give! In the meantime, I've been really trying to just make sure I'm drinking my water and getting my steps in. And I'm spending a lot of time gardening outside every day (just not remembering to log it except yesterday) and did some walking I also forgot to log. I think I'm just stressed about the doctor...but keep me honest guys! I didn't log my late night stuff yesterday and definitely shooting to make today better!!!!!!

Being scared is no excuse! You better go to the doctors girl or I will kick your butt! And log everything you eat no matter what !! I remember you use to! Fingers crossed that everything goes well at the doctor, and know that they will be able to help with whatever it is <3

• heatherc369
    Options
    kailadriel wrote: »

That's Great! I know it's hard at times but you are doing awesome!
    I made it to a total of 13,336 steps yesterday and drank 101.4 oz's of water !!!
    Awesome job! Keep at it!

thank you :)

• todd6977
    todd6977 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    in maryland last day of classes but good day
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Week 1 Day 5 Check-In!
    I got 3.07 Miles in on the treadmill this morning and was at 7,600 steps by 7:30am !

Today my sons school is having a Mothers Day lunch at school and I am cringing to think what I will have to eat lol but I cannot wait and will choke it down no matter what it is :)
    I got 14,052 Steps in yesterday and drank my usual 101.4 oz's of water (6 bottles)
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Week 1 Day 6 Check-In!
    Weekends are the days I don't really push myself because I am so worn down from being up so darn early during the week....I am 99% sure I will not get all my steps and water in today but I am ok with that! I am at work for a few more hours, then off to a pool party and then hubby has a big gig downtown tonight so it will be a long day/night ...have a wonderful weekend everyone!
  • DDWS128
    DDWS128 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 5 Check-In!
    I got 3.07 Miles in on the treadmill this morning and was at 7,600 steps by 7:30am !

Today my sons school is having a Mothers Day lunch at school and I am cringing to think what I will have to eat lol but I cannot wait and will choke it down no matter what it is :)

I remember those Mothers Day lunches. Enjoy. Time flies by.
  • DDWS128
    Options

mfp392 wrote: »
    Today was a much better day. 8 glasses of water. My daughter suggested I drink sparkling water because it is filling. I tried it today and it was not bad. I really really miss my food though. It's not so much the type of food. It's the portion sizes. I am soooo hungry but have been close to my calorie count.

Good job on getting that water and sticking to your calories! If you are feeling really hungry, you could try eating more vegetables (it's easy to fill up on a bowl of carrots, and it's relatively low calorie!), and make sure you are getting enough protein and fat into your diet.
    Awesome job! Keep at it!

You all are inspiring with your exercise. So hilarious that you mention carrots. My daughter keeps reminding me that there are carrots in the fridge and that I should eat more veggies. Now I have her and Kailadriel encouraging me on the veggies. Thanks.

• DDWS128
    Options
    todd6977 wrote: »
    in maryland last day of classes but good day

I hope you did well in classes! Doesn't it feel good to be finished.
  • DDWS128
    Options
    I am going to keep going one day at a time. I have never drank so much water. When I am out and about, I make a mental note of where the restroom is. The sparkling water did help and today I will try for veggies to keep from getting too hungry. I have so much to do around the house but lack motivation. Wish me luck.
  • DDWS128
    Options
    FYI. Don't worry. I am not a private group hacker. I changed my user name.
  • kailadriel
    kailadriel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    DDWS128 wrote: »
    I am going to keep going one day at a time. I have never drank so much water. When I am out and about, I make a mental note of where the restroom is. The sparkling water did help and today I will try for veggies to keep from getting too hungry. I have so much to do around the house but lack motivation. Wish me luck.

Household chores always score low on my "things that I should do" list. They tend to only happen when I am procrastinating something I want to do even less! I hope today went really well!

I went to the gym early today(#4!), hung out with some friends all afternoon, and am spending the evening banished to the bedroom while boyfriend studies (curse you tiny living space!). I thus have no choice but to read in bed or watch Netflix on my phone. Too bad. :)

Happy mother's day to all you mothers here! I hope you have a fun and awesome day!
  • djshaffer04
    djshaffer04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Accomplished 4 days of cardio this week which is huge for me. I normally only do lifting with maybe 1-2 days of cardio. Everyone here is inspiring and I love reading about your accomplishments!
  • ronellaFit
    ronellaFit Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I understand. I didn't log at all yesterday and I was on a good run with doing so. Mother's Day threw me off and I allowed myself to go with the flow of things since my girls were so excited about their plans for me. Baby girl has some congestion and I feel awful when I hear that stuff in her body. She is sooo uncomfortable, all I wanted to do at the end of the day was hold her. I am going to weigh in tomorrow and start juicing since I fell off for a few weeks.
  • ronellaFit
    ronellaFit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ronellaFit wrote: »
    I ordered a fit bit, a sauna shirt and sauna pants. I gotta find this tape measurer to take my measurements and post where I am now. Work and nursing has really tightened my schedule but I will do my best to get them in soon.

I actually bought my tape measure from a dollar store (came in a package of three), but they have some decent ones on amazon if you can't make it in to the store. Here's one for $2+free shipping

Turns out my daughter had one so I am going to try to do it at work today if not when I get home form work for sure. Thanks
  • DDWS128
    Options
    Week 1 Day 4 Check-In!
    I got 3 Miles in on the treadmill this morning, 8k steps in by 8am! Only 2k more and I hit my daily goal, gotta focus on my water now :)

Reality is setting in that I am going on vacation next week, I leave Wednesday May 13th to fly to Houston for my baby nephews first bday and will be returning Sunday May 17th........I really hope I do not let this set me back! I did find a Planet Fitness in my Aunts town but I will not have a car while I am there so honestly it's not very likely that I will be going and it is even hotter there than here in Florida so walking may not happen either but I may try and get up in the morning and take a stroll but this time is about family and taking a break so I am not going to stress about it. I weigh in on Fridays and even if my aunt has a scale I do not want to weigh in on a different scale so I may just weigh in before I go ? Why is this all giving me anxiety ? This is suppose to be an exciting time for me not an anxious time......I think it's because last year when I flew out there when my nephew was born I went over board and that's when I fell off the wagon and ended up gaining all 32lbs back I had lost plus an additional 5
    .....I cannot let that happen again !

You will do great because you are going to be conscientious while you are gone. Plus you have a support system here!
  • DDWS128
    Options
    mae918 wrote: »
    I worked out Sun-Tues and took yesterday off. Planning for another workout tonight

Way to go!
  • DDWS128
    Options

Life is hard a lot of the time. I understand. Don't beat yourself up and keep plugging on. Just stay focused on your goals.
  • DDWS128
    Options

[\quote]

I went to the gym early today(#4!), hung out with some friends all afternoon, and am spending the evening banished to the bedroom while boyfriend studies (curse you tiny living space!). I thus have no choice but to read in bed or watch Netflix on my phone. Too bad. :)

Happy mother's day to all you mothers here! I hope you have a fun and awesome day![/quote]

Thanks. I how you watched something good.

This discussion has been closed.