I'm glad MFP doesn't announce when I've gained!

Options
DianaElena76
DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
I hit 210.0, my lowest number yet this go-round, a few days ago... but ever since then I've had a gain every day. Just this morning I'm at 212.6, and it really ticked me off. I skipped dinner last night, for crying out loud--you'd think I'd have at least stayed the same weight, but no, up 1.6 from yesterday. Ugh. I know this happens, but I thought I'd been pretty good all weekend, especially considering we had SIL's baby shower Saturday and Mother's Day yesterday. I had one higher carb day (52 total) but otherwise remained under my targets. I know, stop being silly. I'm just glad MFP doesn't post my gains like it does my losses.

Replies

• Tutu81
    Tutu81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I AM RIGHT HERE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE BECAUSE I HAD A AWESOME MOTHER'S DAY DINNER AT MY HOUSE AND I WAS WAY OUT OF CONTROL BUT I HAD FUN... GUESS I HAVE TO PAY THE COST ON THE SCALE....LOL
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, but I'm sure people can work it out from the number of times I've been up and down the same amount lost! Just persevere - today is a new day, a new week - you will get there! When I'm feeling down I read the success stories message board and look at all the people who have lost so much more and it can be really inspirational - I am not so genetically diverse that it is impossible for me I hope!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I've learned that the upticks on the scale are part of the process of losing. I was up five pounds one day (talk about messing with your head)! But yes, I'm glad they don't post them too! Hang in there!
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm up 1lb today, too. But thanks to you guys who have shared your ups & downs I am not (too) discouraged and will keep on going.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I actually wish the ticker would accurately portray where I am. I was down 12 but have gained 3 so I would rather it showed I am down 9.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Quit weighing yourself daily.... Or plan on seeing daily fluctuations... Weigh yourself at most weekly. Here is why.... You weigh yourself daily and after 5 days of no loss you are bummed and discouraged. 5 weeks on the other hand of no loss means it is time to make a change.
  • yeswehave8
    yeswehave8 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm up a pound right now, too, but I am certain it's extra fluid from the meal I ate out last night. Restaurant food is SO salty compared to what I make at home, even when I use salt. I'll weigh again Wed or Thurs, it should come back off. Hang in there!
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I wanted to post the chart (but I could not figure out how) but I have tracked my fasting BG since I started April 11th, and the change is so dramatic! From consistently over 150 to now hovering near 115-118 for the past few mornings. Why can't we have a ticker for things like that?
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    I actually wish the ticker would accurately portray where I am. I was down 12 but have gained 3 so I would rather it showed I am down 9.

On my home page it does show accurately my net loss, so a few days ago it said I was down 26 lbs but now it says 23.4 or whatever. I'm not sure if that's visible to other users or not, though, or if it's for my eyes only.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    Quit weighing yourself daily.... Or plan on seeing daily fluctuations... Weigh yourself at most weekly. Here is why.... You weigh yourself daily and after 5 days of no loss you are bummed and discouraged. 5 weeks on the other hand of no loss means it is time to make a change.

I actually don't really stress about it too much. I weigh daily because I know how much body weight fluctuates from day to day and within each day, so if I weigh weekly and I'm up I don't know if I just weighed myself on a higher day or if my weight is actually increasing--make sense? I'm looking for overall trends, and as long as I'm trending downward in the long run I'm pleased.
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I wanted to post the chart (but I could not figure out how) but I have tracked my fasting BG since I started April 11th, and the change is so dramatic! From consistently over 150 to now hovering near 115-118 for the past few mornings. Why can't we have a ticker for things like that?

I track mine in the measurements section and it puts out a graph.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I WISH MFP WOULD ANNOUNCE WHEN I'VE GAINED.

I'm so sick of getting "OMG well done" on my wall every time I lose the same 500g. It'll be all like "Shai lost .4kg" but say nothing about the 2.5kg I gained in the week before that. False praise *kitten* me. I'm okay with a public shaming if I put on weight :P
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you I wish it did announce my flubs... Maybe just maybe I might not flub up so often...
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »

I'm so sick of getting "OMG well done" on my wall every time I lose the same 500g. It'll be all like "Shai lost .4kg" but say nothing about the 2.5kg I gained in the week before that. False praise *kitten* me. I'm okay with a public shaming if I put on weight :P

Yes this.

I have gained and lost the same weight for over a month now.
    Everyone is all "WOHOO" and I'm all "nope".

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Please don't be bothered too much by it. Look at my day yesterday, I was ultra active ate well was 900 under my calories and good on carbs, also drank tons of water and I was up more that a lb this morning.

Your body is doing all sorts of things inside, just control what you can control and the weight will take care of itself.
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    As far as I am aware, when you exercise and stress your muscles, they take up water as they are healing, so it's normal to see a small gain for the next day, right?
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Yes, from what I've read, after exercise the tissues get microscopic tears resulting in soreness usually a day or two after and the body attempts to protect the damaged tissue, the tissue becomes inflamed and retains more fluid resulting in the increased number on the scale.
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    kuranda10 wrote: »

Yes this.

I have gained and lost the same weight for over a month now.
    Everyone is all "WOHOO" and I'm all "nope".

This! If MFP was to be believed I'm already at goal weight. Not! Still I think it reinforces a positive attitude: celebrate the good, ignore the bad. Works for me.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options

Exactly. That's why I quit entering my weights. I hate that public announcement of a false loss! Then I see others' losses and think they're real and get all happy for people---but I guess theirs may not be real either. Crazy system!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I don't enter the scale upticks into mfp. I know it will be coming down again! So every loss posted, for me, is a true celebration! Maybe keep the increases someplace other than mfp? Only "check in" when the scale shows a decrease? Then no "false" celebrations?