What did you eat for dinner?

Options
faithan84
faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
I thought it might be fun to share what we ate since we don't see everyone's diaries. Might give us great ideas for tomorrow's dinner! :smile:

I had "tacos" with seasoned ground turkey, avocado, sauteed mushrooms, onions, peppers, and sweet potato all wrapped up in collard leaves. I was going to add grape tomatoes but I forgot them! :smiley:

Here's the recipe I found for the taco seasoning: http://wholenewmom.com/whole-new-budget/homemade-taco-seasoning/

Happy cooking!

Replies

• Kenellen1
    Kenellen1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I made pizza with flat outs, 1/4 cups pizza sauc, veggies, turkey pepperoni and a little mozzarella cheese. Wonderfully tasty!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a salad of rocket - dressed with loads of olive oil, blue cheese, bacon and baby plumb tomatoes.
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Pepper crusted salmon and broccoli. Also wine.
  • VioletLemon
    VioletLemon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    chicken breast, a small baked potato with homeade sour cream and homeade butter and a leafy salad with carrots and celery and organic Italian dressing
  • gash14
    gash14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I had "seven layer taco bean dip": refried beans, a smidge of sour cream, a little bit of cheese, taco seasonings, tomtatoes, onions, salsa, lettuce, jalapenos, green chilles with Simply Sprouted Sriracha Tortilla Chips.

Tonight is sirloin steak wrap....homemade tomato/apple fruit leather as the wrap filled with all your favorite sandwich fixings. Roasted Butternut Squash as a side.
  • VioletLemon
    VioletLemon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    wow Gash- thats a brilliant idea for a wrap- did you dehydrate the tomato into a leather?
  • defnevonal
    defnevonal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I made spicy Thai chicken dish and served it with steamed rice and broccoli.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I grilled some organic chicken tips and lean sirloin tips with spicy Korean sauce. Also grilled some red & yellow peppers and white onions with olive oil and garlic. For sides I boiled corn on the cob (local & sweet) and sauteed fresh broccoli in coconut oil and garlic then tossed it with a little organic everything hummus and feta cheese.
  • defnevonal
    Options
    I grilled some organic chicken tips and lean sirloin tips with spicy Korean sauce. Also grilled some red & yellow peppers and white onions with olive oil and garlic. For sides I boiled corn on the cob (local & sweet) and sauteed fresh broccoli in coconut oil and garlic then tossed it with a little organic everything hummus and feta cheese.
    that sounds delicious

• Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I had my lunch at dinnertime and dinner at lunchtime.

For dinner, I had a big salad with mixed greens, artichokes, hearts of palm, green onions, cucumber, celery, zucchini, mushrooms, salsa and homemade dressing. And some oysters.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Made something boring last night but - Gonna try to make sundried tomato fettuccine alfredo with asparagus tonight, not sure if I'm going to make it with tuna or turkey meatballs.
  • faithan84
    Options
    I roasted a bunch of vegetables: onion, squash, zucchini, cauliflower, mushrooms, and tomatoes with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil to go with my chicken tonight. I like the convenience of roasting a lot at once, and they turned out yummy. I'll have to do it again. :smile:
  • ohioborn56
    ohioborn56 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Skinless Bbq chicken, steamed cauliflower,spinach
  • defnevonal
    Options
    And yesterday boneless pork chop served with roasted Brussels sprouts.
  • Ells30
    Ells30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, roasted cauliflower, and natural uncured kielbasa.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Chicken Drumsticks and sauteed spinach/kale/mushrooms/garlic
  • crystalgulliver
    crystalgulliver Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this group - I asked a question on a message board and my god I started some kind of riot because I mentioned 'clean eating!'

Oven baked cod with chilli flakes, parsnip chips, garden peas mashed with lemon juice and some more chilli flakes!
  • faithan84
    Options
    @crystalgulliver Lol about the riot. People get pretty passionate about food and what they "should or shouldn't" eat. What is your definition of clean eating?
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Chicken Drumsticks and sauteed spinach/kale/mushrooms/garlic

"Do you bleach your food??" So funny sometimes tho if you don't take it seriously. :)
  • jackihf3
    jackihf3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken thigh, oven roasted siraccha broccoli and brown rice