Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, May 11th - 17th

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Hey everyone. Last week was SO busy that I did not get to post much, did not log for at least half the week and even my step count went down! Hopefully this week is a little more manageable!

This week my goals are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food six days (But be mindful what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA two times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. To blog once this week (on another site) (I have yet to meet this goal, STILL, just no time!!)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week
8. Manage my stress levels and try not to stress eat, be mindful of it

What are your goals this week??

I am running late this morning and really need to get ready for work, so I will post the mini goal this evening, sorry!!

Have a good day everyone!

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good morning, i am not feeling well and had a super crappy mother's day. But it is monday and i am at work and my week is going to go well because i actually made it below 320 last week and i dont want to let my first goal of 315 get away from me, i have precious few months before my vacation with the kids and i would like to enjoy it

My goals this week are
    1) drink my water, lots of water
    2) stay within my calorie goals
    3) get on the damn treadmill after work
    4) reduce my financial stress which reduces my other stress and my eating
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello! I've been gone for a LOOONGGGGG time and now I'm trying to get back. Was a part of the original group with Skittles many moons ago!

Glad you all are here and keeping the weekly motivation going! It is MUCH NEEDED and APPRECIATED! lol

My goals for the week (M-F):
    (I'm actually doing a "boost challenge" for myself this week to jumpstart me back on track and to cleanse my body of junk food cravings so this is a bit different and this is NOT my regular plan!)

1. Green Smoothie for Bfast/Lunch/Dinner. NO other food
    2. Drink lemon water all day (MUST REHYDRATE)
    3. Take my multivitamins and iron every morning
    4. Workout 2x/day for at least 30 minutes each time (shoot for more)
    5. Only weigh once for beginning weigh in and once for ending. (none in between)
    6. Post to this thread everyday and to my journal. Be completely honest with myself on my progress

Good luck Ladies!!
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Goals this week:
    1. Walk to work everyday
    2. Refill my water bottle four times
    3. Bring my lunch everyday (with the exception of today since I left my lunch at home)
    4. Walk everyday during lunch
    5. Spend an hour at the end of each day doing something I really enjoy (reading, writing, etc.)
  • starchile
    Options
    I'd say that it was an ok day...I give myself a B-. LOL. I drank all of my smoothies, drank lots of water, took my vitamins and iron and I exercised once. Considering my body is fighting a cold and that's kinda dragging me down, I feel I did ok.

Was hungry today but nothing unbearable. this COUGH is what's "unbearable" though!!!

weighed in and of course wasn't happy. But what do i expect? LOL. Ahh well...the struggle continues.

How's everyone else doing???
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,589 Member
    Options
    my goals
    1.work out 30 mins a day
    2.eat more fruit
    3.be more active on the site

• HLaR79
    Options
    Working till 7 tonight, screwed up my meals, now im hungry, but ive drank lots of water, and i think we are finally almost caught up after our big van expense but not ahead, being a grown up sucks sometimes.

Tomorrow is my day off so i am going to do some treadmill, clean my kitchen and cupboards and spend some time watching tv :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    STAR!!!!! So happy to see you!!! Glad you are back!

I did not do well last night, had a bit of a binge....I stayed up really late waiting for my daughter to come home from her first night at work, and I notice when I am up too late, I want to eat...

Today was a little better, and tomorrow will be awesome ;)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I am really upset about something and I think it is making me not do so well, I gotta get that under control.....
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Thats not good italian, carrying that upset with you can be so harmful. I hope you find a way to work it out! And if its not solveable vent it and leave it behind, easier said than done i know

Everything will be okay in the end, if its not okay its not the end!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Goals I am working on this week:
    1. 8,000 steps a day (3 days in a row!)
    2. Flylady.com routines (am, pm, and daily 15 minute zone) to stay organized and on time
    3. Regular bedtime/8 hours sleep
    4. Set new goals for the summer in journal

Welcome back Starchile! How long will you be doing your quick start? When I have relapsed back to eating white flour, potatoes, etc., and I stop, it takes me at least 30 - 60 days to feel like I have detoxed. Don't think I could do green smoothies that long, LOL!

Italian, those stress hormones are so hard on our brains; eating is my go to stress management at work and my work is very stressful so I get it. But I have learned to try at least two healthy coping skills before eating and making sure I have healthy foods available...I get made fun of because my lunch box is a cooler actually. Fruits, vegetables, water, protein ... It takes up a lot of room!

HLaR79, what a motivator...being healthier and more fit so you can enjoy vacation activities with your kids. You'll make that goal!
  • KelseyLyn91
    KelseyLyn91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Very new here (I just posted an introduction blurb on the intro thread if you want to know a bit more about me)

My goals this week:
    -do 30 minutes cardio at home 3 nights this week (so every weekday I don't have a yoga class)
    -be under MFP's calorie goals during the week
    -motivate myself into a Saturday morning workout
    -have fun camping all weekend for May long
    -not to spend all weekend around the campfire drinking and eating...
    -be mindful of other people's time*
    -push through if the scale doesn't say what I think it should when I weigh in Friday

*the better I feel about myself the more energy I have to do what I need to do to in order to get where I need to be.
  • starchile
    Options
    Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

@Italian : yeah emotional eating is a hard one. We seek that comfort or just something to take our minds off of our troubles. I do the same thing and I'm working on finding other ways to deal. Hugs! But just remember don't beat yourself up too badly! Just keep pushing!

@J : ooh! FlyLady.com sounds interesting! I will have to check it out! NORMALLY it takes me only 3 days of super clean eating to rid myself of the cravings. Normally. :(

What I've found this time is that 1. Even though I'm not using a lot of fruit (maybe 4 strawberries, an orange and a child's handful of mango chunks) that has been enough sugar to keep me craving apparently. 2. Doing this while I'm premenstrual knowing I'm ALWAYS HUNGRY during that time was a bad idea. And 3. Being sick is NOT helping.

So I had a rough night last night and this morning but back on the smoothies tonight and I feel good. Drank my lemon water, took my vitamin...but no exercise. I've been hesitant to try to do to much with a hacking cough and a boatload of mucous in my nose and chest.

Energy wise, I kinda think I'm feeling a little better. Hopefully it's not just in my mind. Lol

Chat tomorrow! Have a great day!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,589 Member
    Options
    Star I'm glad your back.

today went to my boxing class and I am in love with it. its called 9 round. I just love it. boxing helps me get my anger and stress up.

• HLaR79
    Options
    @starchile being sick your body needs rest, hydrate and move around but if your too intense you may end up slowing yourself down in the long run

@KelseyLyn91 welcome to the grouo, sounds like some good goals

For me i am very pleased to announce that my two hour post breakfast sugar was 8.0, i am definitely in a healthy range and i am so happy about it!! Officially out of testing gear until tomorrow! If i can get my blood pressure down now i will be great
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    HLaR - that is great!! Good job getting your blood sugar within range! That is a lot harder than it seems.

Today is alright, eating well, but no time for the gym as I had so many jobs at home to do, but am going for a long walk later to get all my steps.

However, the scale is killing me, I am literally almost back to square one....moving forward though.....
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Italian; get back at it, this is a life time of changes and they are not easy ones!! You can do it!!!

Today i ate a bagle for breakfast because i didnt want to offend my husband, that feels like a step back, i feel awful and sluggish for eating it!!

Well the rest of my day will need to be more thoughtful my weigh in is tomorrow morning!

Drink the water stay away from the junk and enjoy the sunshine
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am having the period from hell. I am tired all the time, incredibly bloated and craving everything crunchy. This hasn't been the best of weeks, but I've walked to work four times this week and though I only took one lunch walk, I am excited for the weekend. I plan on taking my dog for a very long walk. I also forgot my lunch today, but I will likely go to the salad bar.

I am planning meals for next week. We're in the mood for salad, so I'm chopping up veggies, hard boiling eggs and making dressing.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My daughter has totally messed up my schedule and it is making me sluggish. She is 19, so she is up all night and sleeps into the day, and many nights we are having 2am conversations.....and I am going to bed after 3am.....today, I woke up at 12:45pm and was eating 'breakfast' at 3pm.....this stops today. I get up tomorrow morning at 5:20am for work, so I am hoping that will help me get back on track. I am gonna try my best....I have been eating like crap and have not seen the inside of a gym for WEEKS!

I ate well yesterday, and plan to today, and as many days as I can in a row, lol.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Italian, hope you can make it to the gym soon. Sounds like you could use the endorphins exercise gives you to help manage the stress of living with a young adult. Just thinking about it makes me want to take a nap. I have 3 students who are 18 this year and I sometimes feel like I'm in the midst of a hurricane. I keep reminding them while they are young, I am not. I need my rest, some quiet time, and not everything is a 4 alarm fire. LOL.

HLaR79, wishing you a great weigh in tomorrow but whatever it is, be happy with the positive health changes you have accomplished. Let yourself shine tomorrow!

Well, I am making my goals so far despite a really stressful week at work (again). I recorded 11,162 steps today; first time since September I have even been close to 10,000 steps and I exceeded it. I miss my days of averaging between 12,000 and 20,000 steps. My summer goals are taking some time to set as I keep waffling about how hard to push myself. Moderation will likely win out. B)

• emilym820
    emilym820 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I was a group member a long time ago, but I've not checked in forever. I'm so happy to see it's still going strong.

Work has been crazy and I've been a stress eating machine, so time to get back on track for good.

1. Drink at least 64 oz of water.
    2. Exercise at least 5 times a week.
    3. Get 10,000 steps in everyday.
    4. Stay within my calorie limit.
    5. Eat clean at least 80% of the time.