Daily check in thread - all welcome!

Options

Replies

• Michelledownunder
    Michelledownunder Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've cycled home from work every day this week,(16 km) kept my eating within goal (without eating back my exercise) and was feeling really energised and positive until I got on the scales: exactly the same as last week! All that effort for zilch reward. I might as well have eaten chocolate and blue cheese with pinot noir every night.
  • caj45
    caj45 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Gets discouraging when that happens Michelle, keep going though and you will probably see results on the scales very soon.
  • bridgieNZ
    bridgieNZ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I saw someone post something and I'm sure my description won't do the photo justice. It was a transformation photo comparison, better toned photo was 4kg heavier than the earlier photo. it was truly amazing to see the difference.

http://websta.me/p/922294384652346741_207035664
  • Michelledownunder
    Options
    Those two pictures really do tell a story. I need to get busy with a tape measure so I can measure my success in other ways.
    (That said, I did finally see a result on the scales this morning)
  • caj45
    Options
    haven't checked in for a while....got a bit slack there. Still struggling with my eating..exercise is not a problem, I am enjoying that part of my day and I start the day off eating sensibly but blow it by mid afternoon. I need some new strategies to fend that off. :\
  • Michelledownunder
    Options
    I don't know what your schedule is, but I've found shift my main meal of the day to lunchtime has helped. I'm not hungry in the afternoon and I find it a lot easier to disract myself in the evening when I do feel peckish
  • eviebee03
    eviebee03 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oh man struggling so much. Really needing support!
  • caj45
    Options
    I'm still here, you are welcome to message me everyday if you want, as you know I am having a bit of a struggle as well, we can be a bit of support for each other.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Hi kiwis!!

sorry to hear so many are struggling!! lets get this group moving again!

What are you struggling with ?

I'm struggling with a job that is really full on at the moment so I forget to eat and don't manage to hit 10000 steps a day at the moment - though I run 3x a week and lift 3x a week so that's keeping my deficit in order
  • TinyRaccoon19
    TinyRaccoon19 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow kiwis. I'm new to MFP, a mum of three and married 6 years. My ultimate weight goal is 17kg less than my current weight but more importantly I want to be fit and healthy.

I struggle with grazing on junkfood all evening, fitting exercise around family life, and making healthy choices. I'm tying to solve the first two by going for a walk after dinner instead of eating junk.
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Chr1ssyH0ys Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey, how was ANZAC?
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Chr1ssyH0ys Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Is there anybody out in our long white cloud!?
  • teddytaniwha
    teddytaniwha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi folks. John here. Can I join in?
  • caj45
    Options
    Hi, haven't checked in for a while.....ready to restart myself with tomorrow being the 1st of May. I am setting a goal of reaching my goal weight by the end of the year. That gives me 7 months to step up and finish what I started. Already lost a significant amount of weight so you'd think I'd kick butt getting the rest off. Hope everyone else is doing great and progressing along, whether fast or slow, any progress is good progress. cheers
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    haha I'm still around - I tend to hang out in the Stronglifts for women group as this one doesn't really seem that interactive...which makes me sad :-1:
  • caj45
    Options
    yes I understand what you mean, I start out with great intentions on checking in daily.
  • caj45
    Options
    checking in again. How's everyone going?
  • malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm glad that I have found this group. It's nice to read how you're going.

I've had a reasonable day. 24000 steps. Eating ok, but I'm still a bit hungry and I haven't got any more calories.

Anyone who wants more NZ friends feel free to add me - particularly appreciate it if you introduce yourself. I've been using MFP for a couple of months and been trying to lose weight since January.

I'm in Chch and today it's freezing!
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Been quite a while since last popped into this group....Brrr it's a cold miserable morning in Wellington :-( But the weekends looking a bit brighter.
    Muscles have been complaining recently that they need a break. Always feel guilty when I do but i know it's just as important to rest sometimes...so coming friday after work... gonna escape to the pub and not think about gym ;)

As for the last few weeks, i've not even weighed myself ... now i'm scared to look :P
    But on the other hand.... my long fitness/health journey has had a success: finally am about to start teaching Group Fitness at my local gym XD. Excited much!
  • caj45
    Options
    Each day I am doing 1 thing to improve what made me fall off the wagon since Christmas. I feel much better stress wise, I have been able to get my exercise bike back into the spare room instead of out in our cold garage, so am using it everyday instead of once a fortnight when I could be bothered. Exercise wise, I am excelling and have a variety of activities planned instead of doing the same every day, just to change it up and give my body a fright. I have improved my water drinking levels and slowly reducing my snacking sprees to more healthier options. Go me!!