Tall women and dating

Options
124»

Replies

• Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    More luck to you. I would rather have dental work than Internet dating.

I've dated through the internet before, and my longest term relationship (5 years) came about because of it. I honestly wouldn't want to do it in the future. While it may be easier to meet someone quickly, I think that they are more likely to be somebody with serious issues (even if they aren't immediately apparent, like my ex).
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    @Mech9‌ That was my experience too! I read his profile, we started dating, and I found out almost everything he wrote about himself was a lie. Craziness.
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11, and, GASP, I wear HEELS! Which probably puts me at 6'2" or taller.

I am never going to be petite, so why wear those flat shoes that make my feet look like paddle boats? They have lots of great heels in 11 and 12, probably for trannies.

Most men I date are shorter than me. I don't call them on it. My ex had tons of cowboy boots, with pretty big heels!

Hahahaha! I love this post! I am 5' 9" and love wearing heels too! I don't like how flats make my feet and legs look. I just wish I could fit normal sized boots (my calves are always too big). My husband is 5' 11" and taller than me but when I wear heels I am taller ha! He likes it though. I have never been able to date shorter men. I tried but I am just too uncomfortable with myself. I don't like being bigger than the man. My husband is a big strong tall guy so that works for me
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Ladies, from what you've seen, would you say guys mostly go for the super skinny tall girls, athletic tall girls, or something else?

Tall and confident seems to be the ticket!

There is no one thing that everyone will see as the ideal, so you might as well be yourself.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    I really don't care much about height unless there is an extreme difference. As long as I can dance with someone, it doesn't matter to me. I do wear heels--relatively low ones.

Most of my relationships have been with guys who were at least a little bit shorter than I am.

I've never done online dating...but the idea of men lying about something as quantitative as height is disappointing. I have some pretty major physical flaws (I've had my face taken apart and put back together, for starters) so maybe it is better if potential dates meet me in person anyhow.

For some reason, lying to the DMV about weight seems less wrong then lying to a potential partner about anything. Hmmmm....
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I had a guy tell me once that he was only into girls who are "shorter and smaller" than him. Yeah thanks d*ck lol

DBF is 6'1 and I'm happy he is taller than me (I'm 5'10). I've always been self conscious of my height though so that's probably why.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Wow, great post. Hello ladies, I am as advertised, 6'2" & 275. I have dated all heights of women, but prefer the taller ones, 5'10" and up. I'm not insecure, but amazed when a woman is taller than I, heals or not. I love walking into a room with a woman on my arm that is of close to or equal my height. I am also a dancer and need an equally height partner. I definitely look for the athletic/ larger women, super skinny and tall aren't me. I joined this group a few weeks ago as the person who loves tall women. Currently dating but haven't found the one yet. Look forward to joining in on the discussions.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Dead_Man's...what kind of dance do you do?
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Dead_Man's...what kind of dance do you do?

west Coast Swing, Country 2 thru 10 step with several line dances, ball room, waltz, freestyle.
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I dated some short guys and it was just awkward and didn't work. When there eye sight comes to your boobs...They were jerks anyways. My husband is about a half inch taller than me :smile: but he really holds on to that half inch proudly. Its always been easier if someone is at least my height.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't mind dating someone shorter than me ... as a teen I dated a guy who was around 5'2" (though, that did get awkward...only cause I was still a kid and well...he was a sweet guy though) and then more recently dated a guy who was 5'5. We still hang out all the time and I don't even notice the height difference.

What I do mind though is dating a guy who is going to lie about his height..not even a 1" difference, but like others said..3"+. I've dated enough guys who are insecure and liars...regardless of height, dishonestly isnt a trait Im attracted to.

Having said that, I do like dating a guy my height or taller...lame or not, it just makes me feel more feminine to not be bigger and taller than the guy Im with. Makes me feel like if we were in a dark alley and someone came up, it wouldn't be up to me to throw him over my shoulder and run LOL *sigh*
  • jove102
    jove102 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Suezyq47 wrote: »
    I am 5'11, and, GASP, I wear HEELS! Which probably puts me at 6'2" or taller.

I am never going to be petite, so why wear those flat shoes that make my feet look like paddle boats? They have lots of great heels in 11 and 12, probably for trannies.

Most men I date are shorter than me. I don't call them on it. My ex had tons of cowboy boots, with pretty big heels!

Hahahaha! I love this post! I am 5' 9" and love wearing heels too! I don't like how flats make my feet and legs look. I just wish I could fit normal sized boots (my calves are always too big). My husband is 5' 11" and taller than me but when I wear heels I am taller ha! He likes it though. I have never been able to date shorter men. I tried but I am just too uncomfortable with myself. I don't like being bigger than the man. My husband is a big strong tall guy so that works for me

I got my boots from the avenue.com they have wide Calfs and worked perfectly
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'll try to condense my experiences lol. I'm 6'2", always been tall, no guys really wanted to date me in school. I went after tall guys (what few there were) & they ignored me! My middle school boyfriend was like an inch shorter than me & it really bothered him because he was immature. In high school, I ended up with a guy 5'9" or 5'10" from age 16-20. I don't think he minded my height, but he was very insecure in general, so that sucked.
    After that, dated (then married) a guy who was probably 5'7"-5'8" who lied about being 5'10" lol. He loved me being tall but I always felt awkward because he was very skinny & I outweighed him by a good 30-40lbs. We separated a few years ago, but not because of that.
    My now bf is actually about 6' but likes wearing boots so we pretty much even out! He even encouraged me to buy my first boots with heels (that I can hardly walk in lol). He is also a bigger guy so I can feel more ladylike & less lumberjack lol. It's a nice feeling!
    I wouldn't say that I'm only attracted to taller guys really & I never set a limit for what height I would date. I think I just got creeped out by all the guys coming after me JUST because I'm tall. Usually talking to people first kind of lets you know how comfortable they are. At work guys tell me straight up that I make them feel short & they would never date me! Like I care. Or others tell me how they love tall women. So it's a toss up. I don't really care what people like as long as they like the rest of me & my height!
  • hcyndij
    hcyndij Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In my single days I attended a Tall Singles Meet - and ended up dating the only short guy there! I also dated a couple of Korean guys when I lived in NYC - they were 5'4" to my 5'10" - but they were quite comfortable with me. I will admit, however, that my husband is 6'4" - and I like it!!!
  • kibrt75
    kibrt75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    afat12 wrote: »
    Being a tall woman and dating can be hard! A lot of guys are insecure!!

You got that right sister!!!
  • rialucia82
    rialucia82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I went on a date once without knowing the guy's stats, and when he walked in I realized that he was MUCH shorter than me. Couldn't have been more than 5'5" to my 5'10". We had a nice conversation, but I am just not physically attracted to guys shorter than me! The taller the better! My most recent ex was 6'4", much to my delight. And when we met, he was thrilled to see that I was tall too, hehe. Now I've gotten pretty keen on assessing whether a guy is at least my height, if not taller, based on pictures. Sounds shallow, but hey, that's the way it is.