Had to share!

Options
Keliandra
Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
:)

During working hours and while in the office, I have regularly gone to Mark's Daily Apple, and even have several pages of recipes bookmarked. Never been a problem. Today, I got the following message:

Access to this site is Prohibited! - Content categorization: "Health;Suspicious"

What is the process for determining what categories are blocked? Who decides?

Senior level Human Resources, Legal and Information Protection executives and managers have and will continue to review the categories to be blocked. These choices are consistent with Corporate Electronic Resource Use Policy, industry best practices, our rules of conduct, and local, national, and regional regulatory requirements.

:D

I wonder when they will block MFP...

Replies

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    That sucks, you should tell them you need to do your recipe search for health reasons lol
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Sensors are overstepping a bit I would think!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    They don't want you to improve your health? I guess they'd rather work you to death.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone thinks Paleo is "dangerous" or something...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Most likely sites that show a lot of traffic in your network show up on their radar and they block based on the fact you spend more time there than working, etc.
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My anti virus picks up MDA as a threat so I have to authorize each time I access the site. So maybe it's being flagged in your IT dept ? ?
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Most likely sites that show a lot of traffic in your network show up on their radar and they block based on the fact you spend more time there than working, etc.

LOL, I like this theory ;-) However, Facebook and Amazon are not blocked!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Keliandra wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

LOL, I like this theory ;-) However, Facebook and Amazon are not blocked!

Probably because those are the sites **THEY** love and might be considered to have business use...

I actually ended up with one of the keto calculator sites broken for weeks in a link warning page like you described above, so I've no idea. Honestly, I've had that with MFP too, so I think there is a bad batch of ads floating around the interwebs at the moment.