Meativore May - May 8 Check-In

Options
13»

Replies

• ChairmanWow
    ChairmanWow Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Is anybody else having trouble sleeping? Ever since I went zero carb, I feel like my sleeping has gotten worse. I wake up a lot easier, and feel generally less rested during the day. Sometimes I wake up with what my mom likes to call "monkey brains," where my brain is going a-mile-a-minute at 3 a.m.

Thanks.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Is anybody else having trouble sleeping? Ever since I went zero carb, I feel like my sleeping has gotten worse. I wake up a lot easier, and feel generally less rested during the day. Sometimes I wake up with what my mom likes to call "monkey brains," where my brain is going a-mile-a-minute at 3 a.m.

Thanks.

That's common in low carb in general. Often indicates low sodium and/or magnesium levels. If you're new to this low amount of low carb (yes, this can happen even coming from 50g of carbs), try supplementing sodium and/or magnesium for a while and see if that clears it up.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm having more trouble sticking to animal product only than I expected. I actually seemed to do better the week before we started. :D I should be fine from here on out, now that I've (hopefully) recovered from the weekend's travels. Looking forward to some chicken thighs and homemade alfredo tonight. Thinking I should stuff the chickens with cream cheese and wrap them in bacon. Yup.
  • ChairmanWow
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

That's common in low carb in general. Often indicates low sodium and/or magnesium levels. If you're new to this low amount of low carb (yes, this can happen even coming from 50g of carbs), try supplementing sodium and/or magnesium for a while and see if that clears it up.

Yeah, I haven't been supplementing at all, so I'll give that a try. Seems like supplementation would be the way to go then, since meat doesn't seem to have a lot. I was trying to avoid supplementation for the month, thinking I could get everything I needed. Sodium - ok, that's easy. How would a meativore get enough magnesium without supplementing?
  • ChairmanWow
    Options
    I just realized that what I wrote above makes no sense! Call me sleep-deprived.
This discussion has been closed.