Diabetic Chat Group April 2015

Options

Replies

• linna62
    linna62 Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    linna62 wrote: »
    thanks guys. I've had a big struggle to keep my life afloat this week and in order. A positive attitude will see us through the hard times. It's graduation week for my son and I'm taking some time off after today, MD ordered and self chosen. I need to be with my family.

Roger I don't disagree on a small scale but I guess from the big picture is what I was referring to.

It is sad for a lot of reasons that the NS forums are gone. I had to stop reading over there as one person who is particularly annoying and always kissing the *kitten* of corporate was running a don't be mad at NS thread again. I won't miss!
    I also visited the refugee forum and just don't see that as viable for me. I like it here, mainly because big brother doesn't block me yet and I enjoy that we have NS folks and others who give a great perspective and help to those of us who are maintaining. I invited a new diabetic friend but don't see him here yet. He's not on NS but I encouraged him to join this group as he's a diabetic looking to be with like minded.

Linna Please take care of yourself. No one can do that for you. If there is anything I can do, please let me know, even if it is only an ear to bend.

I am Donna. Unfortunately when you are the primary bread winner a lot weighs there. I've been having tests all morning. My doc also took me off work to get me off my foot the rest of the week. I'm hopeful the swelling will leave and my shocks become less frequent. I don't react well to neurotin and am hesitant to try other meds. But my bed and I have a harmonious agreement
  • linna62
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Linna, just thinking of you and hope your week is going better. Taking time off is so important and being with your family even more important. I wish I had done that so much more. Sometimes it is easy to get caught in the schedule, and forget commitment. Take care of yourself and have some meaningful days! We are so worth it!! :)
    Just checking in with you, too, Linna. (((HUGS)))

Thank you sweethearts. Hugs are always appreciated.

How are you doing on your programs and here on MFP? I like the home feed, it's great for busy folks to get a peek at pals and share accountability.

My shameless plug is there's a thread I started for the biggest loser challenge that Donna and I are both captains in. It's a private group here on MFP now. Weigh ins and accountability are a big part of BL and we run with teams for support and competition. If interested to know more message either Donna or I.
    Thanks again all.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Roger I saw the boards were still up this morning. Coach Mark found his way in.

They do seem to be up in a read only mode. You can read and You can edit Your own posts, So far, but no new messages or replies. Sigh :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options

I've been having tests all morning. My doc also took me off work to get me off my foot the rest of the week. I'm hopeful the swelling will leave and my shocks become less frequent. I don't react well to neurotin and am hesitant to try other meds. But my bed and I have a harmonious agreement

I feel for ya. I hope that it's not going to be anything really bad and that this gets better soon. Don't blame you about your hesitancy regarding other meds. Me, too ...

Thank you sweethearts. Hugs are always appreciated.

How are you doing on your programs and here on MFP? I like the home feed, it's great for busy folks to get a peek at pals and share accountability.

Thanks again all.

I'm doing pretty good with the NS plan. So far, I've lost just over 17 pounds since starting mid-April. I'm up to about 3 miles/day walking. My BS are vastly improved Fasting and I sleep a WHOLE lot better.

I love it here at MFP. The support groups are just perfect.

:)

• gymrat9293
    gymrat9293 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

I'm doing pretty good with the NS plan. So far, I've lost just over 17 pounds since starting mid-April. I'm up to about 3 miles/day walking. My BS are vastly improved Fasting and I sleep a WHOLE lot better.

You are doing great, I walk at least three miles a day. I try to get to 5 miles, but i usually fall a little short. Glad this group can help you. I like this group as well.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I will be glad to get up to 5 miles. Slow progress.
  • linna62
    Options
    Time is a big factor. I used to track my miles and got around 5 a day but they were usually split up. My first walking challenge was to do 100 miles in 6 weeks and I did almost 200

17 pounds in a month? That's incredible. For my restart it took me 5 months to drop 40 but who's counting lol great job!!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    [quote="Nightingale2200;32472991I'm doing pretty good with the NS plan. So far, I've lost just over 17 pounds since starting mid-April. I'm up to about 3 miles/day walking. My BS are vastly improved Fasting and I sleep a WHOLE lot better.

[/quote]

Hi
    It sounds as if You are doing great. Better BS numbers and better sleep too!
    Then 3 miles a day already, wow.

Have a Good Day All
    Roger

5vjl8fdozkyh.jpg
    April 25, 2015 -159.7 Pounds Lost
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    I just visited a Ghost Town this morning
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    88672520.png

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Oh, Roger, I am just laughing at your jogging path observation! That is so me! My exercise has to do better! Um... I have to do better! :|
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Me, too. I laughed out loud and burned off 11 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    See it worked :)
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    See it worked :)

You are a hoot and a half, Roger. :)

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • gymrat9293
    Options
    I stole your jogging trail and posted on the BL thread. I love it. (There is no like button here) Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
  • LovesPrimes
    LovesPrimes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! So glad to see you all here. I made sure to add this thread to be able to come back to a few weeks ago but then kinda disappeared. It was end of semester for me and went especially bad. During the last week of classes, my heart rate stayed over 100 almost consistently for three days straight despite resting or sitting still. I called my doctor's office and they said I had to go in. He put me on a very low dosage beta-blocker. That was two weeks ago and I go back two weeks from today unless an emergency comes up. My heart rate is not consistently up but I am still having "episodes" where my heart races and pounds or beats erratically for no apparent reason. And my BP is consistently in the prehypertensive range and sometimes in the hypertensive range. On Tuesday, grades were due by 5 and I was grading feverishly to make the deadline. A lot of mental exertion but not physical. I was feeling really uncomfortable but worked through it and finally took my BP after submitting the grades (2 minutes after the deadline :/ ) It was 162 over 110 and my pulse was 105. I am hoping all of this is just not physically dealing with stress like I used to and now that I have some time off, it will get better.

I am very discouraged with my weight and my general health and I have no one to blame but myself. I am ready to start making changes again but I know myself well enough to know better than to try to change everything all at once. I need to pick a place to start and then add another one every two to three weeks.

In a couple weeks, I will be headed out of state to grade Calculus AP exams for 9 days. This always requires lots and lots of walking (to and from and around convention center where it takes place). Last year, I averaged over 10,000 steps a day and it was a springboard to come back and start a walking exercise program that I stuck with through September. I am hoping to do the same thing this year, use it as a springboard for a consistent exercise routine when I get back. So, that will be my second thing to add. Should the first be getting my water in each day? Or getting my veggies in each day? I want to pick something to start with and focus on getting that down.

Well, sorry for such a long update! I hope you all are doing well and we can continue to encourage one another to pursue better health!

K
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Is it time to retire this April Thread and start a May and June Thread?
    I think a two or three month message thread makes sense to me, however I wonder how You feel about it.

Thanks
    Roger
    I stole your jogging trail and posted on the BL thread. I love it. (There is no like button here) Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Hi
    I got it from my Brother. Why not reuse it!
    Cheers
    Roger

P.S. There is a sort of Like button. You can go to a persons Profile and Like or comment on an activity.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Is it time to retire this April Thread and start a May and June Thread?
    I think a two or three month message thread makes sense to me, however I wonder how You feel about it.

Thanks
    Roger

It's fine w/me to start another. Whatever everyone wants, I'm on board.

• LovesPrimes
    LovesPrimes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think a quarterly thread would be good. So, maybe keep this one going through the end of June then start a Q3 thread? Just my two cents. ;)
  • gymrat9293
    Options
    quarterly would be good. It is bad enough the NS boards are gone. Lets keep this going for a while. My 2 cents.
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    Actually Quarterly sounds like a good idea.
    Proposed name something like "Diabetic Chat July -September 2015" just to ID it. Sometime in June we can start thinking about proposed names. Then Shortly thereafter this one could be closed which should leave it for reference only?

Have a Good Upcoming Weekend
    Roger
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    I just visited a Ghost Town this morning
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    88672520.png