46 and not sure what my body is doing...

Options
basia_a
basia_a Posts: 8 Member
Despite the ups and downs I am determined to reach my goals.
I enjoy a variety of exercise types but am particial to Ballet and Yoga. I have a love - hate relationship with carbs but have kicked the soda and sugar drinks a couple years ago. Now if I could avoid the minor injuries that cause me to slow down or put my physical activities on the back burner. Nothing worse than the start, stop, and fight to start back up routine.

Replies

• thadden674
    thadden674 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the group. Set backs are difficult, and unfortunately we all have them time from time. Glad you're here, it's a great place to start.
  • Oakstaff777
    Oakstaff777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same here, in the past on and off, ok for a few weeks but with no backup I lost momentum but now this app is useful for keeping on track and people here are really helpful. I feel responsible to log on and have been given great advice already. Friend a few people and join the fun
  • barbarae130
    barbarae130 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's funny when we get to this point - it's like waking up one morning and our body saying "sod that for a game of soldiers I'm taking it easy" but our brain is still charging ahead. I'm a newbie here too so no doubt we'll all have lots of notes to compare
  • moose580
    moose580 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've always had set backs injuries but it's really about what we want what we need ? I'm so determined to reach my goals it's scary
  • acord123
    acord123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this group. I fluctuate from being motivated to exercise and continue eating well, and then into the phase where I just can't get going. I also seem to quit posting when my weight starts to yo-yo like it is now.
  • MrOnOneTwo
    MrOnOneTwo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    acord123 wrote: »
    Hello, I am new to this group. I fluctuate from being motivated to exercise and continue eating well, and then into the phase where I just can't get going. I also seem to quit posting when my weight starts to yo-yo like it is now.
    Hi There...
    Im also new to the site, but an old campaigner of the YoYo. Lost 70 lbs twice, and put it on three times in last 10 years...so a new approach this time. Trying MFP for daily accountability, a weekly club just wasn't enough. Im on the brink, just 1 more major calorie commitment, ( rib eye steak OH bought as a treat...) then Im in...usually its 100% until that gusto goes...then full steam ahead, till the gusto goes...but this time I want to be steady Eddy with proper habit forming behaviour, not starving myself for 2 days before a weekly weigh in!
    Good Luck!