What did you eat for dinner?

Options

Replies

• jahmanrv
    jahmanrv Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast, yellow and green squash.
  • ChristyParadee
    ChristyParadee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Homemade soup, made with fresh organic veggies and spices
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Salmon and cauliflower
  • VioletLemon
    VioletLemon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    pvk6s54h6s64.jpg

White bean soup w spinach, carrot and baby portabella mushrooms- Hibiscus Flower tea to drink
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Today's lunch: baked falafel with dairy-free tzatziki sauce, tabbouleh, and mandarin oranges.

Today's dinner: chicken salad with avocado mayo on arugula, and sauteed broccoli and mushrooms. :smiley:
  • gash14
    gash14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    wow Gash- thats a brilliant idea for a wrap- did you dehydrate the tomato into a leather?

Sure did! Then cut into smaller pieces (my dehydrator does 18"x18" squares) and use as "bread"
  • gash14
    Options
    Dinner last night :smile:
    Coconut Secret teriyaki marinaded flank steak, broccoli salad (broc, golden raisins, bacon, red onion, vegenaise, honey, vinegar), fruit salad (blue berries, black berries, strawberries, apples, kiwi, coconut yogurt with vanilla, poppy seeds and lemon juice).

Dessert was grain free banana cake, no frosting.
  • gash14
    Options
    gash14 wrote: »
    wow Gash- thats a brilliant idea for a wrap- did you dehydrate the tomato into a leather?

Sure did! Then cut into smaller pieces (my dehydrator does 18"x18" squares) and use as "bread"

You can literally mix up any veggie into liquid, add some from for a sweetener and dehydrate into fruit leather for wraps. Some of our favs are:
    Carrots and apple
    Chipotle peppers and mango
    Pineapple BBQ
    Tomato spinach
    Tomato
    Spinach Apple

For other natural bread subs we tend to use bell peppers halved for "buns", portobello mushrooms for "buns" and lettuce as a wrap.
  • gash14
    Options
    Tonight:
    Venison Mongolian Stir Fry over spaghetti squash for the fam, zucchini for me. Loaded with lots of veggies and topped with sunflower seeds.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Last night: liver and onions
    Tonight: a version of macaroni and cheese
  • jahmanrv
    jahmanrv Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    No clean eating for me tonight. Went to the movies, and just couldn't pass up the popcorn. Did eat right all day though.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    jahmanrv wrote: »
    No clean eating for me tonight. Went to the movies, and just couldn't pass up the popcorn. Did eat right all day though.

If you eat well 99% of the time... you don't have to worry so much about the 1% when you don't.
  • gash14
    Options
    Baked coconut pork chops with jalapeño poppers and a fruit salad with whipped coconut for dessert
  • ChangingTami
    ChangingTami Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Organic Rice with roasted organic veggies (mushrooms, broccoli, onion and peppers)
  • tmarie1989
    tmarie1989 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite, simple things to make when I meal prep is lean ground turkey breast with red, green, and yellow bell peppers along with spinach and jalapeños for some kick. I usually add spices such as peppercorn medley, cayenne and a little bit of Mrs. Dash's garlic and herb. :) yummmm!
  • crystalgulliver
    crystalgulliver Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    faithan84 wrote: »
    @crystalgulliver Lol about the riot. People get pretty passionate about food and what they "should or shouldn't" eat. What is your definition of clean eating?

Well I guess just not eating anything processed! I just like to cook all meals from scratch - I understand everyone has a different definition! What's yours?
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Well I guess just not eating anything processed! I just like to cook all meals from scratch - I understand everyone has a different definition! What's yours?

I eat mostly organic whole foods (there is still a fruit and nut butter that I love), and grass-fed meats.
  • gash14
    Options
    Tonight: crockpot general tso served over cauli-rice with DF Thai tea for dessert
  • rlharding
    rlharding Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had salmon fillet and loads of veg.
  • makeitnasty184
    makeitnasty184 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Last night I had bacon wrapped asparagus (about 15 pieces, used 3 slices of bacon to wrap) and 2 ounces of chicken breast.