May 2015 Challenge ~ May 11th - May 17th

Options
2»

Replies

• lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. :)

It has been cold, rainy and windy here the past few days. Almost felt like the kids should have been trick or treating. Weatherman says mid 70's tomorrow so YAY!!!!! for that. I have been kinda crushing my steps (look out Chris :p ) We had a 5k at work yesterday so I walked that and today hubby and I walked again so I am closing in on 19k for today. Had Abs/Arms at the gym so that is counting as my workout for today. Tomorrow is a rest day because all this walking has me POOPED OUT!!!! :D

Congrats Chris!!!!

Paula I can just imagine those cows, lol. And I am pretty sure the PT said NO BURPEES EVER!!!!!!! ;)

Kathy a little extra cardio after 90 min practice? :# HOLY MOSES!!! You make me tired. Cardio for me is sooooo exhausting/boring and it seems to always make me ravenously hungry.

Shelley I love those spurts of ADD when I find something I forgot about and it comes in handy when cleaning. They say we make great multi-taskers due to the ADD. And thank you, she is a ham when the camera is around. She blames me and my scrap booking paparazzi ways lol.

Thinking it is time to catch so zzzzzz's.

Lynnette
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The PT office also has a sign on the wall that says "I'm CDO. That's OCD but in the correct order." :laugh:

Getting easier to workout with my knee so doing it more often. Sore all the time, but that's okay. It's getting better. Also doing arms.

Luv y'all
    Paula
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear you are getting better, Paula! And like Lynnette said your PT said...NO BURPEES EVER!!!! ;)

BWAHAHAH! :D

Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!! We are going to have to call her Darling Dr. Mommy-Daughter!! Or Darling Dr. Daughter-Mommy!! EGAD!!!!

Walked the dog for 2 hours this morning then went to lunch with old work buddies. Spent 3 hours in Martinez!! It was good to see my friends. Shopped after I got home then ate dinner...well, drank dinner. I had a smoothy. It was a good day!

Chris

Congratulations on the great news!!! :)
  • cpanus
    Options
    Did our miles this morning with Bean then DH took the kids to the airport for their flight to Texas to visit friends. We have Bean for a puppy sleepover weekend! It was beautiful today. Crazy after all the thunder and lightning we had yesterday afternoon!

I started a new book and then had to reach out to a couple of friends for reasons NOT to eat the almond butter in our pantry...I believe I said 'all the almond butter in our pantry.' Our trainer got back to me with a threat of a thousand lunges on Monday if I ate it. I told her she scared me enough that I was leaving the padlock on the pantry door and putting the bolt cutters away! I'm okay now, but there was a moment I thought about falling face first into all the jars!!

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

Chris

• PaulaKro
    Options
    Chris, I had that kind of day too. I've gained back 10 of the 20 pounds I lost while medicated and unable to eat. Now it's hard to quit gaining. Poured a bowl of cereal but then saw an orange. Put the cereal away and ate the orange instead. Close call!

Physical therapy today. PTist gave me glowing review. Good thing because I'm going back to work next week and they need a doctor's note allowing it! :laugh: The TRX works my arms while the exercises work my legs. Ugh!

:flowerforyou: Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Knees & arms today - done - check.

:flowerforyou: paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Good jog, Paula. How are you liking the TRX?

Walked with Bean this morning then went off by myself. The high school was holding Relay for Life today. I walked the track once to see what this one was like. Each year Relay holds one at the community college where I graduated, That's the one I'll donate to each year. Then I shopped. I ended up going all over town for a few items. It was just a little crazy!! I got 10.39 miles done and 22,031 steps. It was a good day!

TTYT

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Job/jog, right Chris? [Darn that autospell!] Doctor said no jogging (to keep the joint from wearing out). OK w/me - walking is joy enough. :smiley:

It amazes me that 3 sets of 15 squats on the TRX hurt bad and last for days. Presses, curls and extensions don't get the jangle out of my arms - that residual "ooh that was a serious workout" feeling. TRX really works muscles. Or maybe they're just not muscles I normally use. Either way: owwwwww.

Autospell wanted to change oww to wow. [Bad autospell!]

I'm going back to work next Wednesday. I was afraid physical therapy would require more time but progress lately has been amazing. Walking is almost normal (but still needs concentration) and pain subsided to a mere constant soreness.

:flowerforyou: Paula
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Very muggy weekend here. Off/on heavy quick storms with mega humidity. Hubby and I did manage to squeeze walks In between the downpours though :) . Daughter and I spent Saturday yard saling and book saling. Have to take her up on spending the day together whenever I can now as August will come far too fast I am sure.

Here's to a great week. Let's do it ladies!

Lynnette
  • cpanus
    Options
    Paula...yes! JOB!!!!! No jogging here either...crappy knees. I love the TRX! I am always sore the next day or two days later. Are you excited about getting back to work or do you like being home? I'm sure it would be a lot more fun if your knee was better and you could go out and really play, but...

Lynnette...spend as much time with your DD as you can now. One day you'll turn around and she'll be married, living across town and having kids of her own.

We walked with Bean this morning then DH picked up the kids at the airport, and I sat with Bean and read. That was my Sunday!! We'll be hitting the gym w/our trainer tomorrow and I'm going to try and get DD back to our routine of gym Monday...walking Tues...gym Wed or Thurs...walking Fri...gym Sat. No telling if pushing for that is going to work or not right now. Her graduation ceremony is next Sunday the 24th and her last day teaching for this year is June 5th. Then things will change up for sure.

Have a great Monday, my friends.

Chris