Fall '15 babies

Options

Replies

• KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @poke987 I tried running yesterday as well (first time in a while since my first trimester was a cluster lol) and it was terrible. I had this aching sensation in my lower belly and I have lost almost all my endurance. I ordered a belly bra thing to see if that will help though.... we will see!

So I had an appt this morning and felt so relieved. I don't know why but I have this nagging "what if something is wrong" feeling in the back of my head... I know nothing is wrong but I can't shake it until I hear heartbeats and see ultrasounds. Well I feel much better after my appointment. The doctor found both heartbeats easily and both babies kicked the monitor thing lol (btw for the new ladies.... welcome... I'm 17 weeks along w/ twins) Thursday I will have my level 2 ultrasound and we should get genders!!! THEN we can talk about names haha but for now I at least feel relieved to have confirmed both are well and very active!
  • KristenE83
    Options
    @katiebrew Congrats on your little girl! I know exactly what you mean about the appts putting your mind at ease. I felt the exact same way this morning.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    25 weeks tomorrow... I'm closing in on the third trimester fast! I'm feeling pretty good at the moment, except for the occasional uncomfortable braxton-hicks contraction. The baby is lying sideways across my torso, and when everything tightens up it feels like I have a log jammed in my abdomen.

I did some research into possible name a few weeks ago, and one that I really like is actually a gender neutral name, so I've been finding myself calling the baby by that name in my head. (The name is more often used for girls in this country and in northern Europe, but is a man's name in southern and eastern Europe. It's pretty uncommon even for girls, though, so I think it would be fine to use it for a boy. Also, my son's name is an unusual name that is used for both men and women, so I think it'd be cool to have another gender neutral name.) I don't want to get too attached to the name, because my husband has not yet expressed an opinion about it. There is another boy's name I really like, but no other girl names in contention.
  • summer8it
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Speaking of names, have you all seen this site, where you can find out the popularity (in the US) for the names you're considering? ssa.gov/oact/babynames/index.html

There's also this fun thing, where you put in your own name and the year you were born, and based on the popularity of your name in the year you were born, it tells you what your name would be today. I'm Casandra. :)
    time.com/3856405/baby-name-popularity/
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I like Warren and Wilson. Walter is a nice name too. And I don't think you have to worry about using the name Myles. If anything your friend might find it neat that you both used the same name. Just a thought. I should also add that if my husband's name wasn't james I would definitely use that name. It fits in with tor other boys names and you could call him Jimmy if you really wanted to. ;)

I'm pretty sure I get anxious before every appointment thinking what if somethings wrong? I can't wait until I can feel some nice healthy kicks to put my mind at ease. Theres still not much of that yet.

That link looks really neat summer! I've seen the first one (we try to avoid the super popular names) but I will have to check out the second link!

We like the name Sarah, but it sounds rather plain next to our daughters name: Vanessa. Trying to find a name that had the same elegance if baby ends up being a girl.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @Summer8it that was fun! My name would be "Olive"!

@KristenE83 I thought about a support belt, but never got around to one. I find the uncomfortable feeling goes away after a few miles (and generally after I have to stop to pee!) I seem to tighten up in the lower abdomen/public area and then I'm good to go! I'm surprised how quickly I lost lung capacity!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Just a quick check in. Im officially up 11lb at 23 weeks. Would of preferrred a little less but not too bad really.

This weekend we have fully moved back home from the farm (lambing time), I have busied about all weekend washing/sorting etc. Isaac didnt sleep well last night so Im tired today. Not sure what was bothering him (he has never been a good sleeper though, everything wakes/ bothers him int he night).

I have a midwife app tomorrow to discuss scan and have some regular checks, so hopefully all is ok.

We havent discussed names at all. We cant have one starting with an 'A' as it just doesnt go with surname. I know its a girl but still refer to her as 'it' I feel more comfortable with that really! lol (not sure why)

Best get on.

Helen 23 weeks 11lb up
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm..."w" names, I liked Walter, but then I'm biased having 3 generations of them in our family. Can't name ours Walter though, have to leave that for my brother if and when he ever has kids (he is the III afterall lol). After yesterday's ultrasound (and the one before), I'm pretty convinced we're having a boy. We can't come up with a first name, but think we'll do my mother's maiden name for his middle name. Half-way there.

Do those belly bras/support things help? I feel like I might need more support with the 2nd kid vs the first.

My name today would be Keira.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    My today name would be Bethany. :)

I have a support band but I never used it the first time around. Possibly this time? we shall see.

Bad news today is I'm gaining too quickly this week. I need to get these calories back under control! I've been eating first and logging later which in my situation has been proven time and time again to not work.

Good news is that I felt the first definite kicks today! :)
  • KristenE83
    Options
    @RosieRaz I never felt like I needed support when I was pregnant with my son, but I am feeling it now. IDK if it's because I have 2 babies to carry, or if its my lack of muscle support from the first c section, or just general ligament stretching BUT I did order a belly band thing (Bao Bei?!? Something like that). I will let you know when it comes in how it works. I couldn't shake the aching/pain during my run on Sunday so I'm hesitant to really workout without some support.

@JustAnotherGirlSuzanne I feel like I'm gaining too fast too!!! The doctor wasn't concerned on Monday, but I know I'm eating like a cow. I feel like I always have the munchies lol So I took charge today, pre-prepped and pre-logged all my food and will see how it goes. Hopefully I can get this under control because I know the majority of the gain is from my poor food choices/self control and not the babies. (BTW Mine are kicking like crazy today lol)

@helenmelon29 Seems like your weight is right on target for how far along (or close). Good job!!!

PS... Funny story about my son who will be 4 in June. I told him the other day that both babies kicked the doctor when she was looking for their heartbeats (thinking he would find it funny) and he was pissed!!! He was so mad he said "OH NO! You do NOT kick the doctor!!! That is too fresh... we need to throw them RIGHT IN THE TRASH!" lol Uh.. bit of an overreaction! lol I firmly told him that we do not throw babies in the trash (i have no idea where he heard that from)... and that it's his job to teach them how to be nice lol..... and so it begins!
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Cute story Kristen. I love the over-reaction, but yes, it does begin! My son is only 2 so the concept of a baby in my belly/big brother has been completely lost on him. Shoot he'd probably kick the doctor too! :)
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Lol love that little story. Aren't they funny. Isaac was nearly crying tonight as he wants a baby big boy ! Not a little girl. Umm hope he come round!

Midwife went well. Blood pressure good and heart rate ok etc

Next app in 3 weeks.

Hope all had good day
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Lol! That's too funny Kristen! :) kids are so sweet and sometimes a little odd too. Haha! Im sure your little will come around, Helen! :)

Mine is 11 months. She will be about 15-16 months when baby comes so im not expecting too much more than a little jealousy and lot of curiousity.

Today was great foodwise until dinner where I ate way too much pizza. Tomorrow I will have to try prelogging again too.
  • summer8it
    Options
    Helenmelon, your weight gain sounds very modest to me... I'm up 20 pounds at 25 weeks (or 18 pounds over the top of my maintenance range.) I've been steadily gaining a pound a week for quite a while. I gave up logging very early in my pregnancy, because I thought I was restricting my calories too much. I started this pregnancy right on the line between underweight and healthy weight, so I know I need to gain! My doctor is happy with the rate I've been gaining. But I am NOT happy to see the cellulite creeping back on my thighs. I'm going to have some work to do after this baby is born.

My next appointment is when I have to do the 1 hour glucose tolerance test. I got permission to do it with jelly beans instead of that nasty, nasty glucose drink, which is awesome. Now I just have to find jelly beans... and this is why I'll be going to the candy store today. Wish me strength that I buy ONLY jelly beans!
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    summer8it wrote: »
    Helenmelon, your weight gain sounds very modest to me... I'm up 20 pounds at 25 weeks (or 18 pounds over the top of my maintenance range.) I've been steadily gaining a pound a week for quite a while. I gave up logging very early in my pregnancy, because I thought I was restricting my calories too much. I started this pregnancy right on the line between underweight and healthy weight, so I know I need to gain! My doctor is happy with the rate I've been gaining. But I am NOT happy to see the cellulite creeping back on my thighs. I'm going to have some work to do after this baby is born.

My next appointment is when I have to do the 1 hour glucose tolerance test. I got permission to do it with jelly beans instead of that nasty, nasty glucose drink, which is awesome. Now I just have to find jelly beans... and this is why I'll be going to the candy store today. Wish me strength that I buy ONLY jelly beans!

Summer: Thanks, I started in the healthy BMI but at about 23/24 so started heavier than you so you prob should gain a little more than me?

Im defo gaining in general and still not got a definate bump. No one has asked if Im pregnant yet! (o they prob cant decide if Im a bit fat or pregnant! lol). We dont do the glucose test here unless there is a history of diabeties in the family or you are measuring big etc. So I havent done it before. Jelly beans sound good though.

I suffered after my last pregnancy with piles (nightmare!) and think they are starting again (but earlier), they arent bad just a bit uncomfortable sometimes. So Im upping the water/fibre etc and praying they dont get worse! Any advice welcome!

Bye for now.
    Helen 23 weeks

• summer8it
    Options
    Helen - magnesium! I use a powdered magnesium supplement called Natural Calm. It's a flavored powder that mixes into water. I find that just a half-sized dose is enough to keep everything soft and moving smoothly. :)
  • KristenE83
    Options
    @helenmelon29 I had an ultrasound this morning and the doctor said both babies weigh .5lbs each.... which means out of my 13ish lb gain only 1 lb is from babies! Starting to freak lol

So we finally have the genders... both boys! Our son is going to be so excited when he finds out!
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    KristenE83 wrote: »
    @helenmelon29 I had an ultrasound this morning and the doctor said both babies weigh .5lbs each.... which means out of my 13ish lb gain only 1 lb is from babies! Starting to freak lol

So we finally have the genders... both boys! Our son is going to be so excited when he finds out!

• helenmelon29
    Options
    Thanks will look at the magnesium. Before gets any worse!

Congrats on the boys. That's great. Are they identical? My little bit wants a boy (we having a girl), hopefully he come round to the idea x
  • KristenE83
    Options
    @helenmelon29 They are in separate sacks so the doctors said it's not likely that they are identical but since they are the same gender they aren't 100% sure. There is a 1 in 5 chance they could be identical. She said the only way to truly know is to do genetic testing (DNA test)... which unless there is a reason to do so I probably wont do it. I guess we will find out if they look identical or not!