Hair?

Options
So, I thought this group might be a good place to look for help. Since losing weight, though more likely because I'm older, my hair has become annoying and dry and just icky. I had beautiful, shiny hair when I was in my 20s and I miss it. I've had some luck with a leave-in tea tree conditioner, but not enough that I can grow my hair out from my current annoying bob.

Has anyone had any luck fixing dry hair? I don't wash it every day, and don't swim a lot, which I know are the usual culprits.

Replies

• HarperGirl85
    HarperGirl85 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been using "It's a 10" and it's worked wonders on my hair! I have really thick hair, and this season has been brutal for it. Here's a link on amazon for it

http://www.amazon.com/10-miracle-leave-Plus-Keratin/dp/B005F4BH8A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429624037&sr=8-2&keywords=it's+a+10
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I find that mine can get that way from certain shampoo/conditioner (even the higher end ones that are supposed to be good). One of the ways I have helped my hair recover from these is to do an overnight coconut oil mask. Rub that oil all over your hair and put a towel down or wear a shower cap and sleep with it in. Works wonders!
  • randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You could also try a cleansing conditioner like Wen.
  • aretiareti
    aretiareti Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Olive oil musk!!!
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I second coconut oil... except I usually put it only on the ends of my hair about 30 min before i shower (usually every other day). I do household chores for 30 min or if I'm really motivated will do jillian Michaels for 30 min.

I shampoo just my scalp and roots and let the soapy water run over the ends.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have coconut oil and am ordering "it's a ten." Really appreciate the help!
  • punkyVe
    punkyVe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming your diet has plenty of healthy foods, but Prehaps a multivitamin or hair,nail and skin vitamin may help.

also hormones can play a big role.
    I had about 6-8 weeks where my hair and skin were super dry, out of nowhere I had about 15 20 grays pop up, first time for that and fines lines seemed to pop up too.

My cycle was irregular. I thought I was going though early menopause because it happened so sudden. went to Dr she chuckled at me and said those symptoms where normal during hormone shifts that your body gos though at my age. I said I'm only 35. She said many women start noticing hormone shifts in their late 20s and early 30s.

Everything came back normal, my cycle regulated so my hair and skin went back to normal and the fine lines weren't as noticeable because my skin wasn't so dry. Now I wear sun screen all the time. It was like, oh *kitten*, age is creeping up on me.