"NS Biggest Loser Teams" NEWS- yes we will live here on MFP

Options
linna62
linna62 Posts: 988 Member
NS BL 34 will be moving teams over here to finish up BL 34, once we know a close date for the NS forums. That group is a closed group for current teams only.

NS BL 35 start up dates have not been determined yet. We encourage anyone not currently in NS BL 34, who is interested to join NS BL 35- to check back here. We will update everyone closer to the end of BL 34, which is Memorial Day 5/25/15.

This challenge continues to live with the memory of one of it's founders, (lucylu_me), who lost her battle to Breast Cancer on 5/25/14. Lucy, together with Rob, (Pirates43), created the team aspect of the BL challenge. It's been the vehicle for many success stories on the NS forums.

Keep going everyone... We're excited!

Replies

• linna62
    Options
    we will recruit for BL 35 in 2 weeks- stay tuned-
  • linna62
    Options
    BL 34 will be ending on Memorial Day. We will be taking a break for several weeks before starting up BL35 however... HEADS UP

We will continue our thread with weekly weigh in's and support - no missions or required activity during that down time. Vacations and summer are busy for everyone and we'd like to regroup and reorganize with the changes here on MFP!

So, if you are interested in joining us during that inbetween time please post here. Our current teams are strong and dedicated. We have a good group to help newcomers and will take a few along with some who have been away from BL this challenge.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I may be interested in joining BL 35. I did 3 of them last year and they helped me a lot. But then I fell completely off the wagon and am now back where I started. :angry:

2HyQ.gif
    psvcevyBMfc3A
    nkeuyrr
    NS
    Lose 5
    NS Refugees
    Nutribuddies
    NS Group Users
    Dump That Rump
    Losing It After 50
    Onward and Downward
    Nutrisystem Food Reviews

kjbnykg Chalmation
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to join as well so I will keep an eye on this feed :)
  • Sandikc101455
    Sandikc101455 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    linna62 wrote: »
    BL 34 will be ending on Memorial Day. We will be taking a break for several weeks before starting up BL35 however... HEADS UP

We will continue our thread with weekly weigh in's and support - no missions or required activity during that down time. Vacations and summer are busy for everyone and we'd like to regroup and reorganize with the changes here on MFP!

So, if you are interested in joining us during that inbetween time please post here. Our current teams are strong and dedicated. We have a good group to help newcomers and will take a few along with some who have been away from BL this challenge.

Oh dear, summer is my worst time for over indulging in both food and drinks. I was hoping a BL Challenge would keep me in line. I will persevere!
  • linna62
    Options

Oh dear, summer is my worst time for over indulging in both food and drinks. I was hoping a BL Challenge would keep me in line. I will persevere!

No fears Sandi, we are still weighing in and there will be accountability. See you soon!

• linna62
    Options
    suegen1 wrote: »

I got you!
  • linna62
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »
    I may be interested in joining BL 35. I did 3 of them last year and they helped me a lot. But then I fell completely off the wagon and am now back where I started. :angry:

2HyQ.gif
    psvcevyBMfc3A
    nkeuyrr
    NS
    Lose 5
    NS Refugees
    Nutribuddies
    NS Group Users
    Dump That Rump
    Losing It After 50
    Onward and Downward
    Nutrisystem Food Reviews

kjbnykg Chalmation

Hi Cindy! Stay tuned.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    What are the rules to join??
  • linna62
    Options
    Weekly weigh in on Mondays
    Weekly missions done before Sat midnite
    Participation in group
    Exercise at least weekly minimums
    Stay on plan.
    This is for your benefit and to help your team! However we are all one big group.
    Weekly we roll the leader board for losing and moving and teams are scored and challenge one another to do better with what can be controlled= staying on plan and exercising.

I think that's an accurate summary!

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    O.k., I understand everything except, "weekly missions done before Sat m/n".
  • linna62
    Options
    Weekly missions are posted on Sunday's and due by the following Saturday. They are introspective, program- life related ( questions you answer, things you share, obstacles identified with solutions tried or suggested, meant to help overcome the reasons our weight has been an issue) no grading - it's self help- group style! We get by with a little help from our friends...
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    suegen1 wrote: »

I got you!

Thanks Linna, i think the challenge I am doing right now as well as BL 35 is going to help me so much...!!

• debbs453
    debbs453 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »

Ditto that
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Will be in. Awaiting update(s) ...
  • gymrat9293
    gymrat9293 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Yes we are living on MFP. We are looking at starting up a new BL challenge. We will have a closed group once we get rolling. Please feel free to post here to get started. The captains will be stopping by to say hello and get to know everyone. Present challengers can also stop by. If you know anyone that may want to join get them to post here as well.
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to stop by for a shout-out to the amazing BL captains!! Anybody who is considering it, I say "Just Do IT!"" BL is a life-changing support system - starting out to support us in our weight-loss journeys, but ends up being a group of friends supporting each other through all of life's challenges!!
  • mbberry117
    mbberry117 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm in BL34 and the captains and the people involved are super people to work with. We are our own little family! I am hoping to be in 35 as well!
  • Stewartsmom1
    Stewartsmom1 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Finishing out another great BL Challenge. I would definitely like to be in BL 35! For anyone that really wants to be committed to their weight loss, BL is great. The group is so motivating.
  • dottie_f
    dottie_f Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I will say if you are interested in joining BL35 it is one of the best things you can do. I have to say that I learned so much, got my exercise over 300 minutes a week, and didn't fall off plan like I wanted to do sometimes because it would have been just easier.