Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! Love the pic.

We could call them, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    You all "crack" me up! You are so good for the soul! Don't lose me next quarter. LOL!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    LOL!!! Love the pic.

We could call them, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Hi
    I like that idea too.
    Roger
  • LovesPrimes
    LovesPrimes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had trouble finding this thread this morning! Scared me. Can't have you guys just disappear on me. ;-)

I had a terrible weigh-in this morning. As I write this, I have a pair of jeans in the washer that I was thrilled to fit in last May and even more thrilled to stash away when I went a size smaller last August. I feel like a failure but I know I can get this going back the right direction. Thank you for being here and for any encouragement you can offer.

Have a great week!

K
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    We are still here for ya, LovesPrimes. :)

Hang in there ... you are headed in the right direction now.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I had trouble finding this thread this morning! Scared me. Can't have you guys just disappear on me. ;-)

I had a terrible weigh-in this morning. As I write this, I have a pair of jeans in the washer that I was thrilled to fit in last May and even more thrilled to stash away when I went a size smaller last August. I feel like a failure but I know I can get this going back the right direction. Thank you for being here and for any encouragement you can offer.

Have a great week!

K

Hi K
    Nope not going anywhere :) We are not NutriSystem !

BTW It looks like a New Shelf Stable Dinner was added. I listed the specs in the Food Reviews group here.

FWIW even in the current read only mode the NS forums are being used. Stats just now when I checked show
    Currently Active Users

There are currently 138 users online. 38 members and 100 guests

This one is the busiest

Food Talk and Tips (23 Viewing)

Good Luck, I know You can do it.
    Roger
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used[
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    I just visited a Ghost Town this morning
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    :)
    88672520.png
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    And, I'm one of those 23, too. LOL!
  • gymrat9293
    gymrat9293 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser from NS will be revamping to meet the constrictions on the way we post on MFP. Anyone interested in joining BL 35, please go to the disscussion thread http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10146135/ns-biggest-loser-teams-news-yes-we-will-live-here-on-mfp#latest Click on the link. We are looking to do a BL 35.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hello, everyone! So glad to see you all here. I made sure to add this thread to be able to come back to a few weeks ago but then kinda disappeared. It was end of semester for me and went especially bad. During the last week of classes, my heart rate stayed over 100 almost consistently for three days straight despite resting or sitting still. I called my doctor's office and they said I had to go in. He put me on a very low dosage beta-blocker. That was two weeks ago and I go back two weeks from today unless an emergency comes up. My heart rate is not consistently up but I am still having "episodes" where my heart races and pounds or beats erratically for no apparent reason. And my BP is consistently in the prehypertensive range and sometimes in the hypertensive range. On Tuesday, grades were due by 5 and I was grading feverishly to make the deadline. A lot of mental exertion but not physical. I was feeling really uncomfortable but worked through it and finally took my BP after submitting the grades (2 minutes after the deadline :/ ) It was 162 over 110 and my pulse was 105. I am hoping all of this is just not physically dealing with stress like I used to and now that I have some time off, it will get better.

I am very discouraged with my weight and my general health and I have no one to blame but myself. I am ready to start making changes again but I know myself well enough to know better than to try to change everything all at once. I need to pick a place to start and then add another one every two to three weeks.

In a couple weeks, I will be headed out of state to grade Calculus AP exams for 9 days. This always requires lots and lots of walking (to and from and around convention center where it takes place). Last year, I averaged over 10,000 steps a day and it was a springboard to come back and start a walking exercise program that I stuck with through September. I am hoping to do the same thing this year, use it as a springboard for a consistent exercise routine when I get back. So, that will be my second thing to add. Should the first be getting my water in each day? Or getting my veggies in each day? I want to pick something to start with and focus on getting that down.

Well, sorry for such a long update! I hope you all are doing well and we can continue to encourage one another to pursue better health!

K

K, I hope your heart rate is better now! Let us know. My high B/P started that way, spiking at times, and with palpitations. I have been on meds for it for a while. Some is genetic, and some is just stress. My body had too much and reacts that way all the time. Relaxation techniques, yoga, and adequate sleep help. Not that I do it all the time, lol! Hopefully the meds will help, it takes adjusting. But doing extras for it is a great help.

We all get discouraged, but this is a great group! Starting small changes is a great idea. You may be eating veggies if you are hungry. That is important, it fills you up. On the days I am hungry, I find I did not eat my veggies and was relying on just the prepackaged food. Charting the meals with your snacks added is the greatest- That is why I like the MFP over the NuMi. I needed those split up so I could see each one separately with times as a guide. Drinking the water is easy to me. I started with that, and that way I could see how the food pattern worked best. I have been "spying on" peoples food diaries when it is posted to get ideas. Most people eat more healthy than I do in terms of fats and salt, even if I think I do well! Always room to learn!! Keep us up to date! You will do good, wanting to is the first best thing!! Jan

• LovesPrimes
    LovesPrimes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    K, I hope your heart rate is better now! Let us know. My high B/P started that way, spiking at times, and with palpitations. I have been on meds for it for a while. Some is genetic, and some is just stress. My body had too much and reacts that way all the time. Relaxation techniques, yoga, and adequate sleep help. Not that I do it all the time, lol! Hopefully the meds will help, it takes adjusting. But doing extras for it is a great help.

We all get discouraged, but this is a great group! Starting small changes is a great idea. You may be eating veggies if you are hungry. That is important, it fills you up. On the days I am hungry, I find I did not eat my veggies and was relying on just the prepackaged food. Charting the meals with your snacks added is the greatest- That is why I like the MFP over the NuMi. I needed those split up so I could see each one separately with times as a guide. Drinking the water is easy to me. I started with that, and that way I could see how the food pattern worked best. I have been "spying on" peoples food diaries when it is posted to get ideas. Most people eat more healthy than I do in terms of fats and salt, even if I think I do well! Always room to learn!! Keep us up to date! You will do good, wanting to is the first best thing!! Jan

Thank you, Jan! Coincidentally, I am planning to try yoga this summer. My most successful exercise routine has been doing Leslie Sansone DVD's in the privacy of my air-conditioned living room. (Not an outdoorsy person and not a fan of the hot, humid, unreasonably long summer season here.) Anyone have suggestions on yoga DVD's to try? Keep in mind I am a complete beginner and not very flexible.

My BP has been a bit better and my heart rate was better while DH was away for a few days on a trip. The night he got back, I spiked again. I do NOT think he is to be blamed for my heart issues but he is incredibly stressed right now and I think I am absorbing some of it so it is contributing. That's the only explanation I can think of since my semester ended and, with it, the primary source of personal stress.

I am working on getting my veggies in. I love veggies but mostly prefer cooked and I just need to get back into the swing of cooking big batches.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

K
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    New to this group. Not diabetic. My A1C is 5.4. But I have a question.... Is neurapathy permanent?
  • gymrat9293
    Options
    GabrielC <counselingsupport@nutrisystem.com>
    10:45 PM (17 minutes ago)

to me
    Hello Donna,

Thank you for contacting Nutrisystem! I would be happy to answer your question about updates to NuMi.

We do currently have an update on the way! A glucose tracker will not be a part of this newest update, unfortunately, but we do appreciate the feedback! I will be sure to pass that along to the NuMi team so they can take a look and see if that can be added in sometime in the future.

If there is anything else we can do to help, Donna, please let us know! Have a nice holiday weekend!

Thank you for choosing Nutrisystem, and we look forward to helping you achieve and maintain your weight loss goals!

Sincerely,

The Nutrisystem Counseling Team
    1-800-585-5483
    questions@nutrisystem.com

Health Policy: Please be sure to eat all the food that is recommended on the Nutrisystem meal plan. You could be at risk of health issues if you do not maintain a healthy diet. Additionally, please refrain from starting the Nutrisystem program if you are: pregnant, nursing a baby under the age of 6 months, under the age of 18, anorexic or bulimic, or allergic to peanuts. Please consult your physician before beginning any weight loss or exercise program.

Counselors can be reached for phone support 7 A.M.- 12 A.M., 7 days a week. Online counselor support is also available via chat 7 days a week 7 A.M. - 12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

I finally got a response from NS about the glucose tracker that is going away June 22. Its an actual response from a person; not a canned one like last time.
  • gymrat9293
    Options
    Terri70 wrote: »
    New to this group. Not diabetic. My A1C is 5.4. But I have a question.... Is neurapathy permanent?

Peripheral Neuropathy, is not always permanent. It depends on the cause. Most are permanent. Many can be helped if you can treat the underlying disease, and can improve symptoms with medication.
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend
    GabrielC <counselingsupport@nutrisystem.com>
    10:45 PM (17 minutes ago)

to me
    Hello Donna,

Thank you for contacting Nutrisystem! I would be happy to answer your question about updates to NuMi.

We do currently have an update on the way! A glucose tracker will not be a part of this newest update, unfortunately, but we do appreciate the feedback! I will be sure to pass that along to the NuMi team so they can take a look and see if that can be added in sometime in the future.

If there is anything else we can do to help, Donna, please let us know! Have a nice holiday weekend!

Thank you for choosing Nutrisystem, and we look forward to helping you achieve and maintain your weight loss goals!

Sincerely,

The Nutrisystem Counseling Team
    1-800-585-5483
    questions@nutrisystem.com

Health Policy: Please be sure to eat all the food that is recommended on the Nutrisystem meal plan. You could be at risk of health issues if you do not maintain a healthy diet. Additionally, please refrain from starting the Nutrisystem program if you are: pregnant, nursing a baby under the age of 6 months, under the age of 18, anorexic or bulimic, or allergic to peanuts. Please consult your physician before beginning any weight loss or exercise program.

Counselors can be reached for phone support 7 A.M.- 12 A.M., 7 days a week. Online counselor support is also available via chat 7 days a week 7 A.M. - 12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

I finally got a response from NS about the glucose tracker that is going away June 22. Its an actual response from a person; not a canned one like last time.

Hi
    Just use the Food Tracker here. I like it better anyway. You can Track carbohydrates and Sugar with it for example.
    Options include
    ujjhwdcxbf7z.jpg

I hope this helps. So far NuMi strikes me as a waste of time to visit and use :)

Good Luck
    Roger
    Terri70 wrote: »

Peripheral Neuropathy, is not always permanent. It depends on the cause. Most are permanent. Many can be helped if you can treat the underlying disease, and can improve symptoms with medication.

Thanks for answering that question I had a suspicion the answer was yes, no, maybe depending.
    I alleviated much of the numbness I was getting from walking on hard surfaces with cushion type thick work socks and wearing Shoes or Moccasins (Slippers) around the house rather than going barefoot.

I have been trying to avoid medications if at all possible.

To All: Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • gymrat9293
    Options
    I hope this helps. So far NuMi strikes me as a waste of time to visit and use :)

Good Luck
    Roger

I'm only tracking my weight on NuMi to continue to get my bears.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I too only use NuMi to track my weight to get my bears!
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Me three! I like those bears!

Happy Memorial Week-End! Everyone be extra safe!!

I am spraying on some Neem Leaf and Aloe Gel with lavender and peppermint! Apparently I forgot that poison sumac resembles Elderberry plants, and then I was just dumb and pulling up weeds by my fencing and it has, yes, 3 leaves. Duh!! But my yard is looking better! Lots of cherry tomato blossoms and some eggplant too. Bought some Wind Dancer Ornamental Grasses for where my doggies, fish, hamsters, squirrel, bird, and frogs are buried. I thought they would like the name. I bought some lantus and a sweet potato vine, too! So better exercise coming up when I plant!

K, I have a very sweet lady who teaches a modified Yoga for Seniors. She is really great at timing things slower, and also doing stuff on the floor all at once so we are not jumping up and down. First time on the floor in about 15 years, not including falls! LOL! By the 2nd class, I did not need help getting up! The reg DVD I saw on Amazon that seemed modified was still more advanced than a beginner, so I gave it to someone. I am still looking, too! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options

Have a Great Memorial Day
    Roger
  • gymrat9293
    Options
    4rcxnhhc6lt1.jpgz60yoz6gqely.jpg42r2eqt5ufa1.jpg
    Celebrate Memorial with those you love. God Bless America.