Options
    5/19 - 4 miles
    5/20 - 3 miles

86/110
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'll give 800 miles ago, but have a lot on this month

01-05: 12.17 miles (in Wales - 1798 ft climb)
    02-05: 36.55 miles (in Wales - 1332 ft climb)
    03-05: 46.90 miles (in Wales - 3041 ft climb)
    04-05: 30.99 miles (in Wales - 1539 ft climb)
    05-05: storm with 45 mph wind, too dangerous
    06-05: 22.06 miles - wind gusting to 50 mph, what the heck!!
    07-05: virus
    08-05: virus
    09-05: virus
    10-05: 20.23 miles
    10-05: 24.28 miles (with son)
    11-05: 31.19 miles
    12-05: virus still around
    13-05: 31.11 miles
    14-05: 35.20 miles
    15-05: 7.05 miles (post-service check)
    16-05: 26.28 miles (with youngest 2)
    17-05: 75.12 miles
    18-05: torrential rain
    19-05: 40.16 miles
    20-05: rest day
    21-05: 41.03 miles
    22-05: 25.09 - short ride ahead of cycle tour starting tomorrow
    May miles: 505.29

YTD miles: 2980
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    4.4 mile run/walk

@KAR328 - Karen, funny thing is I think I heard the *whooshing* sound as we flew by the $260-mark a lonnnnng time ago yesterday! :laugh: I think conservatively, we're probably up around $1500 minimum now, but you won't hear me complain about that one bit because that's still a bargain considering the alternative. :flowerforyou:

Dave

OK...sorry for another quoting reply on the site, but like I said, I am a few days behind here! My first lovenox scrip (first only...there were more!) was a $602 copay! LOL! I picked it up on my way home from the hospital and had no idea it would be so much. I sat in Walgreens and cried and then pulled out my credit card b/c what choice did I have, right? Then I just prepared myself that in the next few weeks, I would be shelling out whatever the out of pocket max was on my insurance. Small price to pay (comparatively it was...the out of pocket max on the same policy here at work has quadrupled since then!) for being able to breathe.

Glad to hear you are doing so much better already! And hopefully I have some miles to donate this month as well!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lisah8969 wrote: »
    Ok...I've been out of the office for a few days so I have missed this thread. Dave, I agree with everyone else in how much we do appreciate all you do for this site. I also want to say I know EXACTLY how you are feeling. I, too, don't want to go to the doctor for every ache or pain. I got a blood clot in my lung during a long car ride to OH (from FL) for Christmas 2009. I went to my dr in December 2009 complaining that I couldn't breathe. I had a Half Marathon in January that I had been training for so I knew that there was something wrong. After walking 1/4 mile, I was breathing like I had just walked/run 10 miles. My dr gave me asthma medicine (no...I don't have asthma!). I did the Half Marathon two weeks later with my slowest time ever. I went to my doctor who again didn't want to do anything when I said I couldn't breathe. He told me to wait until my yearly physical in February. I waited and still couldn't breathe. He made me wait longer. Lots more to this story, but it wasn't until MAY that I finally was able to find out what was wrong with me. So I had mine for almost 5 months before it was discovered. My advice to everyone is if you know something is wrong like this, don't ever let a doctor (or yourself!) tell you that it isn't important!!! I was in the hospital for a week (I went directly from my CT scan to a hospital bed...couldn't even go home in between). I had to learn to give myself shots of blood thinner and I am so squeamish that the first time I had ever even seen a needle go into my skin was the first shot I gave myself. My advice on this (if you have to do them yourself) is just count to 3 and jab. LOL! Sounds easy and given the alternative I learned how to do it. I was told by my pulmonologist that it was the largest clot she had ever seen. I was on blood thinners for only about 6 months though.

Truly if you have any questions that you might want to ask me (ANY!), feel free to PM me. Take it easy for as long as the doctor tells you no matter how much you want to get out and do something.

And needless to say, I don't have that doctor anymore! LOL!
    That's so scary that your doctor wouldn't listen to you!!! That's what I was afraid of happening when I went in! (Of course I had NO idea that this* was a possibility....) That maybe, if I was lucky, I might get some antibiotics. But my symptoms didn't show that I needed antibiotics and he didn't want to just send me home. Thank god for that! It was a whirlwind crazy ride of appointments and tests those first 36 hours and I didn't know it yet, but my life had at that point changed. But I'm already doing so much better and I'm so grateful for every day now. :)

Dave
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    4.4 mile run/walk

@KAR328 - Karen, funny thing is I think I heard the *whooshing* sound as we flew by the $260-mark a lonnnnng time ago yesterday! :laugh: I think conservatively, we're probably up around $1500 minimum now, but you won't hear me complain about that one bit because that's still a bargain considering the alternative. :flowerforyou:

Dave

OK...sorry for another quoting reply on the site, but like I said, I am a few days behind here! My first lovenox scrip (first only...there were more!) was a $602 copay! LOL! I picked it up on my way home from the hospital and had no idea it would be so much. I sat in Walgreens and cried and then pulled out my credit card b/c what choice did I have, right? Then I just prepared myself that in the next few weeks, I would be shelling out whatever the out of pocket max was on my insurance. Small price to pay (comparatively it was...the out of pocket max on the same policy here at work has quadrupled since then!) for being able to breathe.

Glad to hear you are doing so much better already! And hopefully I have some miles to donate this month as well!
    Oh WOW!! I'm sorry yours was so expensive!! I also have to do the Lovenox injections and I was so fortunate that my co-pay was only $12 but I couldn't believe it when I read the pharmacy label and it said that the 1-week supply (14 syringes) was almost $1800!!! :noway: I have to get another 1-week supply now because it's going to take a little longer to get my numbers stabilized. I didn't think I would really have too much trouble giving myself the shots...but the first time did cause me quite a bit of anxiety. Now it's no big deal already. But just like with the cost, any discomfort from the shots is a small price to pay for the ability to breathe and keep on living. :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

CONGRATULATIONS to the following folks on hitting GOAL!! LEANZ :flowerforyou: CLEPANT :drinker: 2ESSIE :star:

OK... based on instructions from LoveMyAlex, I will be giving all donated miles to Dave.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    [quote="darkrider42;32571815

Oh WOW!! I'm sorry yours was so expensive!! I also have to do the Lovenox injections and I was so fortunate that my co-pay was only $12 but I couldn't believe it when I read the pharmacy label and it said that the 1-week supply (14 syringes) was almost $1800!!! :noway: I have to get another 1-week supply now because it's going to take a little longer to get my numbers stabilized. I didn't think I would really have too much trouble giving myself the shots...but the first time did cause me quite a bit of anxiety. Now it's no big deal already. But just like with the cost, any discomfort from the shots is a small price to pay for the ability to breathe and keep on living. :flowerforyou:

Dave

LOL! They told me the shots would only be one week, too! It ended up being two weeks. They must say that to everyone so we don't get overly anxious! Only once did I hesitate giving myself the injection and then I literally had to put it down, walk around and do something else for about 5 minutes before I could try again. But as my Dad told me when it happened...you either learn how to do it or you die. He's so sweet, huh? :#
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    4.54 miles walked today

157.68 miles walked to date

What are the donated miles? Is that the miles over what we pledged? I am happy to donate mine to Dave
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    4.7 mile run/walk

@Dave, glad you're doing better. I thought of you last night, when we diagnosed one of the preterm patients with clots in both lungs. She's on IV heparin right now.

exercise.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    new ttd 75.3 miles pleased you are feeling better Dave hope to also earn some miles I can donate to you later this week
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    I am going to total up my goal miles and on the Giro Challenge rest day Monday, I will give you the total miles I will donate to Dave. I would love to give @lovemyalex miles too, but respect the wishes.

05/22 - 11.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 13)

Total: 238.0 miles

exercise.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Got in 17 at lunch time today... That puts my MTD at 81.62 - solidly in the green!! I remain hopeful that I will be able to make goal this month!
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    I am going to total up my goal miles and on the Giro Challenge rest day Monday, I will give you the total miles I will donate to Dave. I would love to give @lovemyalex miles too, but respect the wishes.

05/22 - 11.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 13)

Total: 238.0 miles

exercise.png
    :)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

exercise.png

25 miles done
    105 total
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you've been having such a hard time Dave. Clearly I've been out of the loop. I hope you're also doing better Lovemyalex. The beginning of the month was lousy here so my miles this month will be low. Adding 2.5 miles today, for a total of 23.7/30 to date.
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I am adding 3 tonight for 70.8 MTD :) (Sorry, I will update ticker later!)
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,341 Member
    Options
    High clouds and a slight breeze made for a glorious day for a walk! We took Bean out for a long walk then I went out by myself for a quick walk. Yesterday was a resting, do-nothing day.

Thursday - 1.76 miles
    Friday - 12.26 miles

exercise.png

This is going to be a busy weekend. Our daughter's graduation ceremony is on Sunday. We already get to call her Dr. Daughter!! So cool! So proud! I'll probably cry all my makeup off. Saturday Dr. Daughter and I will be shopping.

Hope everyone has a grand Saturday!

Chris

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Better day today. Added 3.75 miles for a May total of 81.75 miles.

exercise.png

@Chris Congrats to your daughter and her proud mom too! Enjoy your shopping and the graduation Sunday too.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,341 Member
    Options
    @taxmom9093 Thank you!

Chris
This discussion has been closed.