MAY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

hkristine1
hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the May 2015 Move Your *kitten* Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies!

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Friday, May1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles (kms) moved each time you update.

Please don't post any APRIL miles here. We will continue updating the APRIL spreadsheet using the APRIL thread for approximately the first 5 or so days of May. - Please add only your MAY goals/miles to this MAY thread. Got it? :smiley:

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us.

You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work. Sorry, but we will not be tracking number of workouts or minutes moved in this challenge - ONLY DISTANCE.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :wink: )

The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself!

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times.... ....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :smile:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals!

Holli

Replies

• hkristine1
    Well, May is already looking to be the busiest month of the year, thus far.... 100 miles might even be pushing it. I'll go for that, this month, but man... it's going to be a stretch.
  • GalactusEmpire
    GalactusEmpire Posts: 90 Member
    I was a member of this group back last year and was only able to participate for a few months. I would like to start up again.

I have been biking more recently, but I am more into hiking-cross country style. So I would like to sign up and have a goal of 150 miles please.
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    I would like to set my goal at 75 miles. It might be a stretch but that is what I'm going to aim for. :smiley:

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,793 Member
    Please set my goal at 200 again.

Chris
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Aiming for 300 miles in May. It is so good to be back on the bike regularly!
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Setting my May goal as 62 miles walking. Will start off very slowly while recovering from pnuemonia, but hope to finish stronger. 2 miles a day average should be enough challenge this time round
    5/1 - _ walking
    Total to date _ of 62 miles
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I will increase my mileage to 60 for May.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,159 Member
    I'll stick with 85 miles, please.
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 3,016 Member
    Welcome back Galactus Empire!

I have no idea what to expect for May (other than lots of trips to move kids out of dorm rooms). I guess I'll sign up for my usual 100. It will be weird to not be training for a race. I did sign up for the Dopey Challenge again yesterday but that's months away.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Well - I am super ambitious for May. I will set my goal for 300 miles and I am going to work harder at making it.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,336 Member
    Foot still sore so will stick with 80 miles for May
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,474 Member
    The month of May is totally screwed up for me, I have a ton of singing and speech commitments, plus oral surgery on the 18th. But I will see if I can hit 200 miles.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,513 Member
    Have to pack up my gym for renovations all summer so May will be crazy. Put me in for 200 and I will up if I see I am getting my mileage in. Thanks again to each of you who faithful log our miles. I truly appreciate your efforts.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Going for 140 miles in May

oJjKm6.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    I'm on cage rest for an overuse injury. I'll still shoot for 200 miles for May.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Going for 110 miles in May again.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 884 Member
    I am committing to 160 miles walking. I would have met my goal of 180 last month if I hadn't gotten sick. There was 5 days that I didn't hit 3 miles and 2 of those I didn't hit .5 miles. I haven't had a chance to get my bike in for tune up yet, so I don't want to commit to any time for that either.
  • Ejf7000
    Ejf7000 Posts: 49 Member
    Gonna try for 120 this month.
  • rainydayworkout
    rainydayworkout Posts: 114 Member
    I would like to go for 31 miles for May.

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,793 Member
    I'm on cage rest for an overuse injury. I'll still shoot for 200 miles for May.

You are too funny!! I hope whatever has been overused gets better fast!

Chris

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Starting the month off sick too but am going to shoot for 75 again anyway. I have 7.5 miles left to do today to make my April goal. Hoping I can do them on my exercise bike and not make my cold any worse again. :/

Dave
  • lee134
    lee134 Posts: 280 Member
    Please put me down for
    250 miles for May
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    I am going for 150 this month

I walked 10.73 miles today
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Please put me down for 120 miles.
    Thanks for all the work done behind the scenes
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    May will be busy so please keep me in for 150.
    You people do an awesome job for this thread & I appreciate it VERY much!!!
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,235 Member
    I'm in for 80, please!
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    I'm in for May for 75 once again.

exercise.png

• CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Even though I missed my goal by 2 miles in April, I want to strive for 45 miles again this month.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Man am I glad that April and my busy season at work is over. It was a brutal 4 months. So, I am ready to up my goal to 100 miles for May. I may adjust that up if I am able to get the bike out too.
  • hkristine1
    I was a member of this group back last year and was only able to participate for a few months. I would like to start up again.

I have been biking more recently, but I am more into hiking-cross country style. So I would like to sign up and have a goal of 150 miles please.

Welcome back!

This discussion has been closed.