How much have you lost and how long did it take?

Options
faw1001
faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
Hi
I am curious how much each of you has lost on Low Carb and how long it took?
I have lost 15kg in 7 months :smiley:

Replies

• annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Way to go! That's awesome! Not just on your loss, but sticking with it.

I'm just starting out, but I've lost 14.6 lbs in 5.5 weeks. That's insane! I'm hoping for an even 20 by my birthday in 3 weeks.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Good work to both of you...and as said above, for sticking with it. @annalisbeth74 I hope you make your birthday goal. I haven't weighed myself since Monday (trying to only do it once a week so I don't get too focused on the scale). I started on April 27th at 237 and when I weighed in Monday I was 227. I'm trying to keep my carbs below 50g.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    117 pounds in 10 months
    SW:267
    CW:149
  • Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    117 pounds in 10 months
    SW:267
    CW:149

Way to go!!! I've lost 31 lbs since 2/1/15 20 lbs since joking MFP.
  • Meeezonajourney
    Options
    Joining
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Adding a different spin here. I've been at this since mid-January and have lost 7.5 lbs. Yep, I'm a slow loser. I'm wanting to say congrats on all the great losses but also remind you not to go by just scale weight. At some point the scale may slow down. In the past the slow loss would have caused me to give up. I've lost nearly 14 inches, I'm down 1-2 sizes, depending on the brands, I've had to retire a few items that no longer fit, and people are noticing. I can see the difference in pictures.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Let me say this, from someone who wanted to lose faster than he did. The important thing is losing the weight and keeping it off. I would have loved to lose it all in 4 months. If I could have lost 3 pounds a week, I would have been able to be done losing weight (to my original goal) in 4 months. Some people on keto lose 4-5 pounds a week! Why couldn't I be one of those people? And, some times the weight didn't seem to move at all. But, looking back, I ended up losing over 0.5 kg/week (just over a pound a week). Did I want it to be faster? Sure, who doesn't. But, it was actually pretty quick. And, best of all, it stayed off.

It's not the speed that it comes off. It's that it comes off (period). Consistency is more important than anything else.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    A different perspective. Slow moving scale might not be a bad thing, it keeps you motivated, it gets your body slowly to adjust to new, better way of living and eating. You keep at it knowing that the longer you go the better it will be. Your habits change, your health change, your carby food cravings diminishe, and the more of it you have the longer you will benefit and wouldn't want to go back to old ways :)
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I think I've been so focused on the scale for so long that became the only goal. I tell myself that if I see a change in my "markers" then it's a success that week. I'm ok with the slow loss, though I'd love to be a fast loser. Slow loss is better than no loss.
  • SazzySuze
    SazzySuze Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    5 pounds in 5 weeks. :/
  • Meeezonajourney
    Options
    SazzySuze wrote: »
    5 pounds in 5 weeks. :/

• Meeezonajourney
    Options
    Stupid phone it was supposed to post a smiley smile. 5 pounds in 5 weeks is nothing to frown about. :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,423 Member
    Options
    GSD_Mama wrote: »
    A different perspective. Slow moving scale might not be a bad thing, it keeps you motivated, it gets your body slowly to adjust to new, better way of living and eating. You keep at it knowing that the longer you go the better it will be. Your habits change, your health change, your carby food cravings diminishe, and the more of it you have the longer you will benefit and wouldn't want to go back to old ways :)

It depends. I had 220lbs to lose (lost 168 of them in a little over 13 months so far). If I hadn't lost, or lost super slowly, when I was 375lbs,it probably would have made me just not bother.

I lost the first 80 in 6 months NOT on LCHF.
  • SazzySuze
    Options
    Gnulie wrote: »
    Stupid phone it was supposed to post a smiley smile. 5 pounds in 5 weeks is nothing to frown about. :)
    It doesn't seem like very much to me. It's just frustrating.
  • SazzySuze
    Options
    GSD_Mama wrote: »

It depends. I had 220lbs to lose (lost 168 of them in a little over 13 months so far). If I hadn't lost, or lost super slowly, when I was 375lbs,it probably would have made me just not bother.

I lost the first 80 in 6 months NOT on LCHF.
    I don't have as much to lose and I can still tell you that it's frustrating and makes me want to not bother with it all. I just keep doing it anyway in hopes that some day I will make some real progress.
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    Adding a different spin here. I've been at this since mid-January and have lost 7.5 lbs. Yep, I'm a slow loser. I'm wanting to say congrats on all the great losses but also remind you not to go by just scale weight. At some point the scale may slow down. In the past the slow loss would have caused me to give up. I've lost nearly 14 inches, I'm down 1-2 sizes, depending on the brands, I've had to retire a few items that no longer fit, and people are noticing. I can see the difference in pictures.
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    slow here as well. I don't do SCALE. Nope, not since January. Too depressing if you are slow.
    Clothes is the new scale.
  • micenspicy1
    micenspicy1 Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Been on keto for 5 weeks and 10 lb down, not really craving carbs much at all now but finding it difficult yo give up my Pepsi max , but I am drinking more water which is good for me as I usually hate anything other than Pepsi max. ? Question? Could Pepsi max slow down weight loss? Advice off any keto dieters would be great
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Been on keto for 5 weeks and 10 lb down, not really craving carbs much at all now but finding it difficult yo give up my Pepsi max , but I am drinking more water which is good for me as I usually hate anything other than Pepsi max. ? Question? Could Pepsi max slow down weight loss? Advice off any keto dieters would be great

Some people say diet pops slow them down other say it doesn't so it depends on the person. You'll probably have to try a couple weeks without it to know for sure, but if you are losing an average of 2 pounds a week then I think you're doing great and the Pepsi Max doesn't seem to be slowing you down
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Total loss of 26.6 lb. Since January, but have been LCHF since March. I don't drink sodas. Haven't for about fifteen years. I decided that if a substance can dissolve battery acid it shouldn't be in my body.