100% Challenge - Spring Means 100% Green - Mon 5/11 to Sun 6/21 - Join Anytime!

Options

Replies

• mslesam
    mslesam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Lesa, I only update the SS with WI's once/week. I have your WI day as Sunday. Do you want me to use that WI for this coming WI? Or did I input a previous number incorrectly?

I think I goofed and didn't post the right loss this time.
  • whatsasize8
    whatsasize8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Linda Kay, man oh man! I'm so glad you were, a) able to save your food, and b) get the repairs needed quickly and inexpensively! That would never happen here. lol We'd pay an arm and a leg, and all of my food would have completely defrosted by the time they made it around to us.

RogerToo, my scale is a Health O Meter as well. My in-laws gave it to us when FIL exceeded it's capabilities and they wanted a scale that would take less room, but mine only goes up to 350 lbs. My FIL is really struggling right now...he told me he lost 90 lbs last year, but gained it all back this year (in the last 5-6 months). I wish there were something I could do to help them (MIL struggles too). ((sigh)) Food addiction is a bear to overcome.
    How's your brother doing on his eating plan? Does he still go to a nutritionist?
    I sure wish my shopping trips were as simple as yours! I went to Sam's Club today. In addition to diapers and wipes, I bought mangoes, cherries, apples, pears, asparagus, frozen broccoli, fresh spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, sugar snap peas, etc. I spent over $300. :open_mouth: And I still need to go to Walmart to buy the yogurts that the other family members like, Fiber One cereal, and a few other things that Sam's doesn't carry.
    mslesam wrote: »
    I think I goofed and didn't post the right loss this time.

Lesa, no problem. I updated the SS. Please take a look and make sure it I've gotten it all straightened out. :smile:

Here's a link to the SS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I_nhdB-hGIzBkCL0cmMKYR03HcJqJexLLsVtmfj6Gd0/edit#gid=0
    Feel free to bookmark it and refer to it whenever. If you see an error please let me know.

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Thank you, whatsasize8
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    100% 5/21
  • whatsasize8
    Options
    Good morning! Hope all is well with everyone today. Off to make my day happen. :smile:
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    5/21 100%

2HyQ.gif
  • Sandikc101455
    Sandikc101455 Posts: 565 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    5/21 100%

Weigh in day too, and not good: 176
    It's been a month of up and down on the same pound. Time to shake up the plateau.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    5/21 Not 100%

I am pretty sure I did not get all my water in Thursday :(
    I may not get it all in today, things are working against me. I will know by the end of the day.
    I did let my order process Last night. Not sure when it will come. The Holiday may interfere and slow it down too.

Enjoy the Holiday Weekend
    RogerToo
    RogerToo, my scale is a Health O Meter as well. My in-laws gave it to us when FIL exceeded it's capabilities and they wanted a scale that would take less room, but mine only goes up to 350 lbs. My FIL is really struggling right now...he told me he lost 90 lbs last year, but gained it all back this year (in the last 5-6 months). I wish there were something I could do to help them (MIL struggles too). ((sigh)) Food addiction is a bear to overcome.
    How's your brother doing on his eating plan? Does he still go to a nutritionist?
    I sure wish my shopping trips were as simple as yours! I went to Sam's Club today. In addition to diapers and wipes, I bought mangoes, cherries, apples, pears, asparagus, frozen broccoli, fresh spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, sugar snap peas, etc. I spent over $300. :open_mouth: And I still need to go to Walmart to buy the yogurts that the other family members like, Fiber One cereal, and a few other things that Sam's doesn't carry.

Here's a link to the SS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I_nhdB-hGIzBkCL0cmMKYR03HcJqJexLLsVtmfj6Gd0/edit#gid=0
    Feel free to bookmark it and refer to it whenever. If you see an error please let me know.

Hi Sonya
    Yup he still goes to the Nutritionist, He is not doing as good as I am, OTOH he eats more than I do. Complains all the time about the foods he can not eat etc.

Cheers
    RogerToo
  • CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    100% 05/21/2015

Happy Friday Everyone! We are supposed to have thunderstorms all weekend which is good for all the flora and fauna. We enjoy watching the lightening off our covered back deck. Since we live in the Clearwater River Canyon, our viewing area for the skies is pretty narrow. The bad news is the lightening can cause fires. That’s Mother Nature for you.

No big plans for the weekend for us. Since we are both retired, every day is a weekend for us. We pretty much stay home on the holiday to avoid the increased traffic. Chuck is a vet and we always raise the flag to honor all the fallen soldiers and their defense of our nation. My deepest respect and gratitude goes out to all of you who have lost one of those who have defended us. Thank you for their service and your sacrifice.

Have a great day!
    Linda Kay
    1UxCT3Pound_10_lbs.gifmOjHwDCommitment_20lbs.gif2.5%20Siggy%20WTP_zps96lnmweg.jpguAVQiU
  • kmhawk
    kmhawk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5/19, 20, 21 100%

So I've had some very tough and frustrating days here and the only thing that seems to have gone right is staying on plan. Work has been bad and very frustrating. I had to have the air conditioner/furnace replaced, which was a huge expense.

The "best" part of the week was ripping up old carpet because the new carpet was coming the next day. Well, I live in a townhouse with a bump out, so the side of my house sticks out a lot further and runs about 10 feet along my neighbor's yard. He's built his flowerbeds up all over the yard at least a foot higher than the ground (because it's all rock and you can't hardly dig here) and he has one right against the side of my house, which is not evidently properly sealed to be buried by all the dirt. So moisture is coming in along the bottom of the wall from the outside foundation. I now have to call my homeowner's insurance because it has to be fixed, I have no idea if there is mold damage already started, and the neighbor's flowerbed is going to have to be moved away from my house so it can be sealed. It will likely get messy and I don't feel like I should have to pay for damage caused by something my neighbor did. I haven't talked to him yet because I've been advised by two different people to speak to my insurance and even a lawyer beforehand just so I can be sure of my legal rights if he gives me a hard time. I think he'll be okay about moving his flowerbed back from the wall of my house, but I don't think he's going to want to pay for a contractor to come into my house and check for mold, fix drywall, repaint, etc.

I guess with all that to be able to stay on plan is awesome, but I have to say I'm am sooooo glad today is Friday.

I will also say that coming here and reading everyone's updates has been a welcome break from everything else :)

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    5/21 100%

It's been a month of up and down on the same pound. Time to shake up the plateau.

Hi, Sandi. You'll make it. Hope you have a good weekend. :)

RogerToo wrote: »
    5/21 Not 100%

I may not get it all in today, things are working against me. I will know by the end of the day.
    I did let my order process Last night. Not sure when it will come. The Holiday may interfere and slow it down too.

RogerToo

Hey, Roger. I have spells of not getting in enough water. I'm SOO much more improved from when I started, however. Seems like before I started NS about the only water I truly drank was when I'd brush my teeth 3 times/day. LOL!

You, too, enjoy your weekend.

100% 05/21/2015

Happy Friday Everyone! We are supposed to have thunderstorms all weekend which is good for all the flora and fauna. We enjoy watching the lightening off our covered back deck. Since we live in the Clearwater River Canyon, our viewing area for the skies is pretty narrow. The bad news is the lightening can cause fires. That’s Mother Nature for you.

No big plans for the weekend for us. Since we are both retired, every day is a weekend for us. We pretty much stay home on the holiday to avoid the increased traffic. Chuck is a vet and we always raise the flag to honor all the fallen soldiers and their defense of our nation. My deepest respect and gratitude goes out to all of you who have lost one of those who have defended us. Thank you for their service and your sacrifice.

Hi, CanyonDweller.

The holiday does make me think of my late Father. One of my most prized possessions is his Purple Heart that he rec'd in WWII.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

kmhawk wrote: »
    5/19, 20, 21 100%

So I've had some very tough and frustrating days here and the only thing that seems to have gone right is staying on plan. Work has been bad and very frustrating. I had to have the air conditioner/furnace replaced, which was a huge expense.

The "best" part of the week was ripping up old carpet because the new carpet was coming the next day. Well, I live in a townhouse with a bump out, so the side of my house sticks out a lot further and runs about 10 feet along my neighbor's yard. He's built his flowerbeds up all over the yard at least a foot higher than the ground (because it's all rock and you can't hardly dig here) and he has one right against the side of my house, which is not evidently properly sealed to be buried by all the dirt. So moisture is coming in along the bottom of the wall from the outside foundation. I now have to call my homeowner's insurance because it has to be fixed, I have no idea if there is mold damage already started, and the neighbor's flowerbed is going to have to be moved away from my house so it can be sealed. It will likely get messy and I don't feel like I should have to pay for damage caused by something my neighbor did. I haven't talked to him yet because I've been advised by two different people to speak to my insurance and even a lawyer beforehand just so I can be sure of my legal rights if he gives me a hard time. I think he'll be okay about moving his flowerbed back from the wall of my house, but I don't think he's going to want to pay for a contractor to come into my house and check for mold, fix drywall, repaint, etc.

I guess with all that to be able to stay on plan is awesome, but I have to say I'm am sooooo glad today is Friday.

I will also say that coming here and reading everyone's updates has been a welcome break from everything else :)

Hello, kmhawk.

So sorry about having to replace all that. I had to do the same last year and I hope to never have to face that expense again.

I hope you can resolve the flower bed issue(s) w/o much ado. Maybe he'll come through?

Glad you were able to stay the course OP. Kudos to you. Hope your weekend is smoother and you enjoy.

Howdy to everyone to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mslesam
    Options
    5/21 100%
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    100% 5/22
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
  • mslesam
    Options
    5/22 100%
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    5/22/2015 Not 100%

Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend

I think I was short on the water. I'm not sure so I'll just go the not 100% route.

The NS Email shows that my BBB is out for delivery today, and I got the Call this morning that my Frozen has shipped. That is a pretty good indicator it will be here today also.
    I went to the Post office and mailed a couple of things and picked up stamps then on to the Recycle Center and then Acme and picked up a couple of things and Large Black Coffees at McDs. Between that running around and checking the BBB for shorts and checking and putting the frozen into the Freezer in the basement I suspect that the rest of the day will be busy.

Cheers
    Roger
    RogerToo wrote: »

RogerToo

Hey, Roger. I have spells of not getting in enough water. I'm SOO much more improved from when I started, however. Seems like before I started NS about the only water I truly drank was when I'd brush my teeth 3 times/day. LOL!

You, too, enjoy your weekend.

Hi
    I have never been a big water drinker unlike my Brother. So I know exactly what You mean :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • whatsasize8
    Options
    5/21 100%

Sandi, take a close look at your diet and extras. PM me if you want a 2nd set of eyes, but take that very honest look at the intake. How's your exercise? Keeping up with 300 E minutes per week? You'll get this. You're about halfway to goal and I know you're not going to cheat yourself by stopping short.

RogerToo, I'm sorry about your brother. That "I can't eat XXX" mindset is a tough one to beat - another reason I'm thankful for all the things I CAN eat. My DS7 and DD1 thank you for telling us about frozen cooked bacon. :wink: They got to have some last night - they approve!
    I check my BBB for shorts too, but this last time I received an overage! 5 extra dinners - and two of which I've never ordered before. That was odd.

Linda Kay, yes indeed - deepest gratitude for those who have made that sacrifice for us. I do not have any vets in my immediate family as my parents were both immigrants, but they came HERE for a reason. Love this country!

Kim, what...a...mess! Thank God for the little things, like staying on plan and not letting those things that we cannot control affect those that we can. ((hugs)) and I have no advice to offer about the neighbor, but I hope it turns out well and with no or minimal cost to you. Please keep us updated.

Cindy, yes, I can see your name. :smile:

Flo, for years I've been able to drink 96 or more ounces of water, but with this pregnancy for some reason I'm happy to get in my 64 oz.

Off to go to the library before they close! Have a great day!

• whatsasize8
    Options
    100% 5/21-5/22
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Hi, Cindy. Yes, I see your name. Sometimes I forget to look at the "real" names of people, so if I call you, Chalmation, that's why.

Everybody hope you are having a fantastic Memorial weekend!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    RogerToo, I'm sorry about your brother. That "I can't eat XXX" mindset is a tough one to beat - another reason I'm thankful for all the things I CAN eat. My DS7 and DD1 thank you for telling us about frozen cooked bacon. :wink: They got to have some last night - they approve!
    I check my BBB for shorts too, but this last time I received an overage! 5 extra dinners - and two of which I've never ordered before. That was odd.

Hi Sonya
    It isn't so much he can't east them as a mindset, It is because they would interact with one of his medications. Things Like Brussels sprouts for example.

I have to be somewhat careful what I eat to so I do not kick up an attack of the gout.

So it could be worse I suppose.

I almost never have extras. I had one Protein Shake that had a extra packet of shake in it. Big deal :) I have also had an over on one food and a short on another food that balanced out.

What I really hate is when I am short a Frozen item, they will not replace just one frozen with a frozen, but instead replace with a Shelf Stable food.

I have to wonder if it was intended for another order or a disgruntled worker :)

Cheers
    Roger