• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 6.5 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    @Chris - Congratulations! Must be exciting.

Adding more miles. 4 miles to get me to goal and 8 for Dave.

exercise.png

@Lovemyalex - How about if we donate miles to Dave until he makes goal and then add miles to you? How does that sound? I just really feel bad for you needing to have a knee replacement. The doctors make it sound so simple but there are a lot of muscles and tendons that have to be moved around and I know that it's going to be painful at first. I'm sure that if anyone can make the best of rehab and make it work, you will. However, that doesn't change that I'm really feeling bad that you've gone from 800 miles a month to can't exercise at all. Mentally, that has to be challenging. We can't help you with the rehab or the pain, but it might make us feel like we are doing something to let you know we care if you let us donate our bonus miles once we get Dave up to goal. Will you let us do that?

Dean
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Adding another 12 miles for Dave this morning. I know it won't be long and he'll be logging his own miles again. :-) It won't be long and @Lovemyalex will be kicking our A$$es again. Hang in there. Both of you.
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,931 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Hello from California! I'm here for my dad's 90th birthday. Struggling to get in my miles with all the travel I've been doing, but I think I can get in a run today.

Dave, we are so glad you are feeling better. Please keep following doctor's orders. Thanks to the donations you're now up to 38 miles and I'm sure we will have you at goal very soon.

Lovemyalex - we're glad you keep checking in. I second Sufferlandrian's suggestion. We just want you to know we are thinking of you and that we wish we could help.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'll give 800 miles ago, but have a lot on this month

01-05: 12.17 miles (in Wales - 1798 ft climb)
    02-05: 36.55 miles (in Wales - 1332 ft climb)
    03-05: 46.90 miles (in Wales - 3041 ft climb)
    04-05: 30.99 miles (in Wales - 1539 ft climb)
    05-05: storm with 45 mph wind, too dangerous
    06-05: 22.06 miles - wind gusting to 50 mph, what the heck!!
    07-05: virus
    08-05: virus
    09-05: virus
    10-05: 20.23 miles
    10-05: 24.28 miles (with son)
    11-05: 31.19 miles
    12-05: virus still around
    13-05: 31.11 miles
    14-05: 35.20 miles
    15-05: 7.05 miles (post-service check)
    16-05: 26.28 miles (with youngest 2)
    17-05: 75.12 miles
    18-05: torrential rain
    19-05: 40.16 miles
    20-05: rest day
    21-05: 41.03 miles
    22-05: 25.09 - short ride ahead of cycle tour starting tomorrow
    23-05: 55.77 miles (tour delayed by 1 day so took son for a lumpy ride. Hope he wakes up early for a prompt depart!)
    May miles: 561.06

YTD miles: 3036
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    5.1 mile run/walk. Puts me at goal, with an extra 1.9 miles for Dave. Did a mile in 9:29 which is a new record for me, but got my ego deflated quickly when I was doing some running intervals after that and a lizard came out of the grass, couldn't decide which way to go on the sidewalk so he wouldn't get trampled by yours truly and went straight, leaving me behind like I was standing still. :neutral:

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    3 miles for me today

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    6.76 miles walked today

164.44 miles walked to date
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Well I am piling up the bonus miles. I will have a sizable chunk to donate.

05/22 - 11.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 13)
    05/23 - 12.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 14)

Total: 250.0 miles

exercise.png
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I finally got in some miles! I have been lazy!

5/23 - 4.41 Miles Hiking

MTD - 53.18 Miles
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,116 Member
    Options
    5/22 Jog 3.5 miles
    5/23 Jog 5 miles / 5 miles walk

229.25 miles of 250 miles

exegrcise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    @Chris - Congratulations! Must be exciting.

Adding more miles. 4 miles to get me to goal and 8 for Dave.

exercise.png

@Lovemyalex - How about if we donate miles to Dave until he makes goal and then add miles to you? How does that sound? I just really feel bad for you needing to have a knee replacement. The doctors make it sound so simple but there are a lot of muscles and tendons that have to be moved around and I know that it's going to be painful at first. I'm sure that if anyone can make the best of rehab and make it work, you will. However, that doesn't change that I'm really feeling bad that you've gone from 800 miles a month to can't exercise at all. Mentally, that has to be challenging. We can't help you with the rehab or the pain, but it might make us feel like we are doing something to let you know we care if you let us donate our bonus miles once we get Dave up to goal. Will you let us do that?

Dean
    That is so very sweet... Thank you so much... Okay :) ... I will accept miles only after Dave has reached his goal.... You are so very correct... The hardest part of this is "mentally" .... I am having a really hard time "Not" biking.... But i will be biking again with "two" good knees.... Watch out everyone.... :D
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Hello from California! I'm here for my dad's 90th birthday. Struggling to get in my miles with all the travel I've been doing, but I think I can get in a run today.

Dave, we are so glad you are feeling better. Please keep following doctor's orders. Thanks to the donations you're now up to 38 miles and I'm sure we will have you at goal very soon.

Lovemyalex - we're glad you keep checking in. I second Sufferlandrian's suggestion. We just want you to know we are thinking of you and that we wish we could help.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Thank you once again... It is so nice to get all this support... This truly is the "Best" team ever... :)
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    Total exercise for

5/23

3.53 miles (one legged biking)

*** just had to try it again .... :)

166.6 miles done....
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    So glad you are accepting the offer Lovemyalex!!! You will have to invest in a new bike after your knee surgery cuz you will be smoking fast!!!

Here is 10 for Dave! ( from the ex bike (monthly total = 178)) I wanted to go outside today to work in flowerbeds & take my furry kids for a walk but the wind is ATROCIOUS!! Settled for cleaning my house & riding the ex bike along with weights!
    exercise.png

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Ran on Friday and rode on Thursday for a total of 38.69 miles, putting me at GOAL with 9.17 bonus miles to share with Dave!

exercise.png

• Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Adding 4.73 miles for a total of 14.79 miles so far.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,341 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks, Dean! Yes, it is pretty exciting. She's worked so hard.

I walked with DD this morning then w/DH and Bean. It was a beautiful day!

Sat - 7.47 miles

exercise.png

Almost there! Have a great Sunday everyone!

Chris
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Two weeks of vacation may have made me tired, but at least I'm still on track. Please mark me down for 37.5 of my 45 mile goal. Thanks!

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.