What do you pair burgers with?

Options
13»

Replies

• nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Generally, I pair my burgers with some kind of sausage.
    And mayo.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    radonskies wrote: »
    a really good piece of cheese, a fried egg, and then some mayo mixed with sriracha.

That's my kind of burger!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    My burger yesterday had 6 strips of center cut bacon, a thin slice of cheddar and a fried egg on top of it. Woot!
  • DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What, no bun substitutes? I recently made "oopsies" bread substitutes (included psyillium husk, baking soda & sesame seeds) and made a great burger bun.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I use venison, I've probably bought 2lbs of hamburger in the last 2 years...but I like to scramble it up/brown it up (make it into crumbles- however you say that) I like it kind of crispy, and then throw in a few globs of mayo and bacon crumbles. Sometimes eggs too. but then just eat it with a fork. ooooooohhhh sooo simple but sooo good.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    What, no bun substitutes? I recently made "oopsies" bread substitutes (included psyillium husk, baking soda & sesame seeds) and made a great burger bun.

I don't do any sort of bread/pasta substitute at all really. Just personal preference.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

I don't do any sort of bread/pasta substitute at all really. Just personal preference.

Agreed - I find the more Fake Foods or substitutes I use, the more I feed my emotional food issues. If I just learn and love a new way to eat, I'm better. Cutting out my FF/Subs, I finally broke my plateau. Not saying everyone will have this issue...just that I did/do. The more REAL FOODS I sneak in there, the better off I feel!
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Avocado, Salsa, Guacamole.
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    dill pickles, Stonewall's Horseradish Aioli, salsa, avacado
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I dip my burgers in mayo then the Heinz reduced sugar ketchup. I also love jalapeno pepper jack burgers. I love spicy foods so I'm always finding a way to add flavor. For a while there my staple was adding a slice of American cheese, shredded lettuce and topping it with the Frisch's big boy sauce. It's so good!
  • JulieEllul
    JulieEllul Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've had a mean craving for bacon cheeseburgers lately, which I would normally eat with lots of ketchup, but that is of course too sugary for LCHF. Those of you who eat burgers, what do you normally pair them with that's low carb friendly?

Guys BBQ sugar free 2 carbs!!! Yummy!!!