Side challenge? (optional)

Options
SilverStormi
SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
I liked what we did on the last challenge where we logged our total miles walked, ran or rode. Between everyone that logged we hit nearly 1900 miles with about half of us contributing to the total.

For those that are new this is the side challenge was overall number for a target group goal. Where all our total miles will combine to try and beat the group's goal. Its completely optional if you want to participate. As for each week there will be a column on the spreadsheet to enter the numbers you walked/ran/rode that week. Elliptical, treadmills and bikes are all welcome. Each person can set in there mind the total number they want to get to.

I am going to be posting the new spreadsheet in the next day or so but I was wondering what everyone thought of this. Should we continue and if so how many miles do you want to aim for as a group for this 6 week challenge?

For the group total im thinking of using 3000 miles this time. Plus with my bike now usable I know if I bike I will hit more miles when I walk or run.

Replies

• amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    The miles challenge is a good one. It would be nice if we also had another kind of group challenge exercise wise. Maybe we could count hours exercised, or something like that. I hope others have some ideas.
  • classysassy4ever70
    classysassy4ever70 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I like this side challenge! Weight, Miles and Hours work for me. I'm happy with whatever the group decides! :)

Stormi, Thanks again for setting this up!
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Lisa! I petered out in the last two weeks of our Memorial Day Challenge, making only 300 miles of my 350 mile goal. I wonder if we would have better participation for this side challenge if we recorded our minutes of exercise rather than miles. Some of our buddies are working their tushes off doing Pilates and such, which just doesn't translate to miles. I am game for whatever the group decides. Just happy to be here with all of you! I may need someone to put my data on the spreadsheet for me. My access to MFP and spreadsheets in particular continues to be a challenge. Hope to get my computer repaired soon.
    All the best to everyone!
    Sara
  • leannclouse
    leannclouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the insanity max 30 video I'm one week into it. I also work 10 hours a day so jogging or walking is out for me. But when I did run I could run about 3 miles in about 30 minutes. I would love an exercise challenge though.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Name the challenge and i will work it into my routine. Or do more of it if i am already doing it. B)
  • 2014june
    2014june Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    count me in what ever you choose please .
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'll participate. I wish I had a bike so I could log more miles. I'll have to walk it and will get in what I can each week.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I will be all healed up by July 4th.... Yeah. But until then it is walking and Zumba. I might be able to add some jogging in and get my miles in.
  • SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I added a time column and finally posted the spreadsheet that I didnt realize hadn't been the other day. So we will try with both a total amount of time spent working out and a total miles column. :) Please let me know if any of the formulas arent working on there or if anyone has any issues with it.
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I loved the miles side challenge and i like the idea of the hours and miles as well.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I love the hours idea and will try to go back and add my information for the first week (conveniently located on MFP!).