Fall '15 babies

Replies

• summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Kristen, I'm excited for you that you're having boys! I love, love, love being the mama to a boy... 12 years in, it's still awesome.

Since we've been talking about our thoughts about names, I've got to tell you all I'm getting a bit weirded out. I mentioned that I was considering a gender-neutral name. It's a really unusual name, one I'd never heard before I found it on a baby name site when I was searching for names with a certain meaning. But now, within a span of 48 hours, I've both started reading a book with a female character bearing that name AND I've gotten a (female) client at work with the same name!

Maybe this is telling me I should keep this option just as a girl name?
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    @Summer8it that's what my hubby calls "hooey-wooey" we tend to listen to "signs" like that when we notice them!

@KristenE83 congrats on the boys! This is my 3rd baby boy... and hubby's 4th... we love our boys!! Hope your son was excited for brothers!

23 weeks today and weight gain is continuing. I'm happy, and know it's not a big deal I just keep thinking of all the work it will be later on! I can't bring myself to count or log for some reason... otherwise I feel pretty good. Still continue to be tired a lot, I don't recall this fatigue from my other pregnancies... but it's brutal!

Enjoy the holiday weekend, those in the states!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Hi holiday weekend in UK too.

My OH cousins both have twins. Set of boys and set of girls both are non identical but they look more or less identical!

Poke- u are still brill with all the running and looking after house/ kids etc. I'm sure any extra weight will come back off easily x

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    I really didn't mind the glucose test. It tasted like watered down non carbonated orange soda to me. Which actually sounds really nasty. Haha!

@KristenE83 congratulations on the two boys! So exciting! I heard the other day that one of the first thing that forms is the placenta while pregnant, so chances are a lot of your weight gain went there. Not to mention the amniotic sack of water and the extra blood pumping through you.

Summer, would you be willing to share the name you're thinking of? I figure you'd rather not since you haven't mentioned it and I totally understand as we like to keep the name a secret too. Or is there a name similar to it? It's hard to provide insight if we don't know the name. :)
    What you could try maybe is running a quick Google search and hit the images button. See if more boys or girls pop up?
  • summer8it
    Nope, not sharing my name ideas! I haven't even told my son the names I'm considering. :)

I liked the idea of the Google image search, so I did it for the girl - gender neutral name, and only women came up in the first 10 pages. Of course, a lot of them were of the same lingerie model, but it was still quite definitive. Then I searched the boy name I like, which is definitely a male name, and most of the first two pages of images were a FEMALE manga character!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    summer8it wrote: »
    Nope, not sharing my name ideas! I haven't even told my son the names I'm considering. :)

I liked the idea of the Google image search, so I did it for the girl - gender neutral name, and only women came up in the first 10 pages. Of course, a lot of them were of the same lingerie model, but it was still quite definitive. Then I searched the boy name I like, which is definitely a male name, and most of the first two pages of images were a FEMALE manga character!

good call. I wouldn't share either, haha!

I'm glad the Google search worked for you. :) manga tries to be fairly modern, don't they? So giving a girl a "boy" name would make sense I guess.
  • summer8it
    Holy moly - I've now reached the third trimester.

I wonder if this means I should give myself permission to start making my Amazon baby registry....
  • helenmelon29
    Aren't the weeks flying by!

Is a amazon registry for other people to buy before baby born? We don't do that here in UK. This time tho I'm lucky and don't need anything except pack of nappies, maybe a couple pink baby grow / sleep suit. As a lot little stuff is white (we didn't know sex last time) plus any toiletries etc for me x

• summer8it
    It's a tradition in the US to have a "baby shower" before the baby is born, for friends and family to give gifts for the new baby, and everyone expects you to have registered at one or more stores so they can figure out what to buy for you!

All I have left of the baby gear from my son is a pair of nail clippers, a single waterproof crib pad, and a few handmade blankets. We moved from Washington, DC to Florida when he was 5, after I'd been trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant for a few years, and so before we moved I sold the crib and the stroller and all the other gear that still had some financial value. I gave away a huge bag of cloth diapers to an acquaintance whose sister was about to become a single mother of twins -- she was very grateful because she'd been worried about the cost of diapering two babies at once, and I was glad to be able to help!

Part of me would rather wait and have a party after the baby is born, but I am looking forward to getting gifts, because we need EVERYTHING for this baby!
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Yay for being in your third trimester Summer!!! and yay for baby shower registries lol

So I may have asked this before but am I the only one here who cannot stop eating?!?! lol I swear I have the munchies all day long.... it's actually really annoying. I hope this goes away soon or at least by the time the babies are born!!!
  • helenmelon29
    Hi it's a good idea for getting organised. We tend to just get presents for the baby afterwards.

Kirsten - I was eating like a piglet but seems to have calmed down now. We see how long that lasts! Lol
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Kristen- Me. That's exactly me. I. Can. Not. Stop. Eating. I seriously eat all the time. I wake up in the night hungry... the pounds are piling on... ugh!
  • helenmelon29
    Are u hungry or just eating. Think I was just eating!! A bad habit where I sit and snack !!

Found some workouts on you tube so done them for 2 days now. They quite easy but better than sitting in the sofa.

What workouts is anyone else doing?

X
  • KristenE83
    @poke987 @helenmelon29 So glad I'm not alone! Lol. Half the time I'm not even hungry. It's just like a ridiculous appetite. I hope it calms down ASAP because it's actually irritating lol

So I'm literally not doing anything. I just got my belly band in so I wanna get back into it slowly. I'm prob gonna go see my trainer soon so I can figure out my abilities/limitations.
  • helenmelon29
    I'm starting a 6 week course in Prenatal Pilates in 2 weeks so looking forward to that.

There is also another class starting that I can take toddler to too so hopefully will be at a time I can do.

Is a Belly band a support band?
  • KristenE83
    I think I should look for a prenatal class or something... idk why I didn't think of that. Good call.

http://www.baobeimaternity.com/
    That is what I ended up buying. I just felt like I needed more support. I haven't actually tried it yet. When I do I will let you know how it goes!
  • helenmelon29
    Looks good Kirsten esp as bump gets bigger
  • summer8it
    First new stretchmarks appeared today, on the right side of my abdomen where the baby's butt has been lodged for the last few weeks. It appears coconut oil is not the magic tonic I'd hoped it would be....
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    Um, nope! I am eating like CRAZY! And congrats @summer8it ... make that registry!
    Found out the date for my c-section this week- Sept 16! Getting closer and closer!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    I have been eating lots too apparently... unless all this weight is water (highly posible. I've been devouring pickles)

I should look into some pretty at all classes too. Thyd probably help me stay on track with exercise.

@summer8it stretch marks are the worst. Mine are just fading from a year ago. Looks like a cat attacked me.