Wow...the main forums....so mad now

Options
AngInCanada
AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
I asked a simple question about raw cows milk vs almond milk and got my butt ripped apart by all of the vultures. Wow, they are so so so rude. :( No wonder I stick to my groups and not the main forums.

Replies

• Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    'Cause, you know, if you question a certain type of milk the next thing you know you'll be trying to pass a law that won't let them drink said type of milk.

Feel sorry for them, for they are hungry and probably out of calories for the day. Probably jittery, too. Probably thanks to the chocolate bar that they are perfect liberty to eat because it fits in their macros and is therefore healthy.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    LOL, no kidding. We all know that CICO is the only way that works right. ;)
  • me_ona_diet
    me_ona_diet Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not going back there. No time for that poop!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I have a theory. Life is just like the school yard, only bigger. Many people don't mature beyond that dynamic. The internet provides a safe arena for people to say what they are really thinking or feeling without all the consequences attached to a real life encounter. I've read a lot of health forums in my search for a woe that suits me and MFP seems to offer that safe place to attack others with little to no consequence. It would not be tolerated on many other forums.

Just don't go there. Google your question instead. ;)
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I have a theory. Life is just like the school yard, only bigger. Many people don't mature beyond that dynamic. The internet provides a safe arena for people to say what they are really thinking or feeling without all the consequences attached to a real life encounter. I've read a lot of health forums in my search for a woe that suits me and MFP seems to offer that safe place to attack others with little to no consequence. It would not be tolerated on many other forums.

Just don't go there. Google your question instead. ;)
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am wondering what on earth you asked, lol. I found this section because someone asked a low carb question and they were directed here, in a sort of with the other nuts type comment. I was happy enough because this method works for me.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Lol. Yes, the main forums. Hungry people are nasty huh? I like to pop in every now and then and post something like "Jesus ate low carb, and so should you" just to watch the sparks. :)

(that was a joke, I'm not religious)
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    They really seem to get hostile and they are always saying how hungry they are. I just try to avoid those forums..I will sometimes lurk, but I don't comment.
  • Katieusa68
    Katieusa68 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »
    Lol. Yes, the main forums. Hungry people are nasty huh? I like to pop in every now and then and post something like "Jesus ate low carb, and so should you" just to watch the sparks. :)

I am religious and that was hilarious!
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Those people can be downright nasty, about ANYTHING. ugh.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Katieusa68 wrote: »

I am religious and that was hilarious!

Ditto....i laughed out loud, at work even
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I find it absolutely appalling that "would you lick sweat off the person above's back" (or whatever) gets 65,000 replies but someone with a genuine question needing help might get 3 replies and one of them will be some cow telling them that the question has been asked before and they should search the forums and not waste people's time.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I find it absolutely appalling that "would you lick sweat off the person above's back" (or whatever) gets 65,000 replies but someone with a genuine question needing help might get 3 replies and one of them will be some cow telling them that the question has been asked before and they should search the forums and not waste people's time.

That's human nature for you . I RARELY venture out into the wild. Even right now my feed is kind of "muted" for me... LOVE my groups!
This discussion has been closed.